What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.2 today

seems that we're seeing more people on our walks round the village these days, all carefully observing the appropriate distance, and curiously it feels as if more people are calling greetings to each other now :)

since it is a bit warmer today than the snow flurries and almost 0'C temperature we'd had in the last couple of days we've been outside repotting some plants and putting some pansies in the tub at the corner before our walk ;)

glad you got a bit more sleep @OldButBold :)

hope your day is treating you gently everyone :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your latest painting has such lovely light :)
@gennepher - another bold and successful piece :) I don't know whether I'll be brave enough to try portraits.

todays art catch up - just before I did these two I was gifted some acrylic paint to try from the charity whilst volunteering, it was going to be recycled,
no 1 - there were only three acrylic colours still viable so that's what I used :hilarious: (red, green and a bit of yellow), plus a white gel pen. It's a sketch of a Christmas ornament on A4 typing paper.

View attachment 39998

no 2 - was done with a little watercolour sketching tin made by Daler Rowney which has 15 colours and was purchased from the charity shop the same week. Very quick little seascape to test out the paints, size is about A6 and it's on the back of a old christmas card ;) took about 20 mins.

View attachment 40000

These are both beautiful sketches. I love the Christmas ornament one.

I save all my old Christmas cards in the garage going back years!
There is blank paper often inside the first page.

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

extra run by mr gee into town today to take mum to get her pension as she was threatening to go on the bus :banghead: (but it's two weeks! - don't think she trusts the government not to snatch it back :hilarious: ) I don't think most of us would have expected a trip like that to feel so extra stressful so quickly :sorry:. Safely back (we hope!)

Loving all the humour here, I have offered to sacrifice my underwear in service as mr gee's comfort mask, he was not amused :D looks like I shall be getting my sewing machine out.

@OldButBold hope today brings some calm and rest :)

virtual hugs for all friends, human or otherwise, who would enjoy one :) hope your day is treating you kindly.

today's catch up art offerings -
no 1 is a slightly smaller than A5 pencil drawing of one of mum's ornaments with some added watercolour, done on shiny paper (back of a page from last years calendar :hilarious:) watercolour on shiny paper, just no!
View attachment 39974

no 2 is on A4 typing paper, a drawing of a Christmas teddy stuffed toy done with a pack of children's coloured pencils from Home Bargains (took about 2 hours!).
View attachment 39975
I absolutely love both! So talented.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
91826896_10158459236451617_1074217964074434560_n.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have started a watercolour in the final one in my Tree and Light Series, might get it finished after walking Moet.

I have however finished my grandaughters birthday card, a sketch of her dog Sooty. Yes I know it's ugly but he is...

Pure Graphite Pencils Fabre and Castell 30 minutes.

IMG_2863.JPG

For reference here is a photo of Sooty.
IMG_2855.JPG

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today, I'm good with that.

So I got out my new paint set. This took me about 25 minutes.....not bad eh, the Amalfi Coast.

I LIE!!!

It came from Amazon with wooden base. My new 'painting' for my Italian terrace (back yard!). Took me 5 mins to stretch canvas over the wood and tie down :) I'm not talented like you lot :)

When I say 'I' what I mean is 'we'. The royal we, aka Eric!!!! My only skills are in procurement.

This is quite funny. Apt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-174842_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404-174842_Gallery.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 97

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still no internet in my building. I'm on my phone posting this. Limited data.
I've been asleep for several hours, exhausted from yesterday's battles. Odd choice of word considering that this morning's TV news included a story of a local veterans' home. The vets have all been removed and are waiting to be placed in temporary housing so that their building can be used as a COVID hospital IN CASE IT SHOULD BE NEEDED.
So much for Sheltering in Place for the vulnerable elderly.
The world has gone mad.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst waiting for Mrs MC who is busy renevating some antique chairs and wants to finish before walking Moet. Here is my unfinished watercolour which I will now finish Sunday, lots to do on this...

IMG_2866.JPG

Here is one of the renovated antique chairs done by Mrs MC... she's a wizard with scissors, glue and a hammer.:joyful:
IMG_20200404_182126.jpg

Reactions: jjraak and SaskiaKC

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today. in the SketchClubApp
Been working on this for nearly four hours now.
Using one finger, it is therapeutic and is like moving acrylic paints around...

I am 16 here, and I used an old transparency to work with, and that has gone a bit funny. I don't have a viewer any more to look at it properly...

I don't look like this now :)

View attachment 39977
One finger!!! THAT IS ASTOUNDING. You are a very beautiful young lady. A little older now but the lovely features will no doubt still shine through.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still no internet in my building. I'm on my phone posting this. Limited data.
I've been asleep for several hours, exhausted from yesterday's battles. Odd choice of word considering that this morning's TV news included a story of a local veterans' home. The vets have all been removed and are waiting to be placed in temporary housing so that their building can be used as a COVID hospital IN CASE IT SHOULD BE NEEDED.
So much for Sheltering in Place for the vulnerable elderly.
The world has gone mad.
Sleep Saskia.
We all need more sleep in these troubled times.
Hugs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have started a watercolour in the final one in my Tree and Light Series, might get it finished after walking Moet.

I have however finished my grandaughters birthday card, a sketch of her dog Sooty. Yes I know it's ugly but he is...

View attachment 40006

View attachment 40007

View attachment 40006

View attachment 40007

View attachment 40006

View attachment 40007

We received a beautiful handwritten card from our 2 grandchildren today. I know, we were surprised too as our youngest is just 3 months old! Anyway it brought us to tears. Missing them so much. Had an emotional day today. But I'm OK now. Anyway our 3 year old loves Annie the film. So we put together a handmade card so we could reply. I wrote a poem and enclosed some puzzles. I caught today's post. So fingers crossed they will get it tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-193433_Gallery_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404-193433_Gallery_resized.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Ryhia

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

seems that we're seeing more people on our walks round the village these days, all carefully observing the appropriate distance, and curiously it feels as if more people are calling greetings to each other now :)

since it is a bit warmer today than the snow flurries and almost 0'C temperature we'd had in the last couple of days we've been outside repotting some plants and putting some pansies in the tub at the corner before our walk ;)

glad you got a bit more sleep @OldButBold :)

hope your day is treating you gently everyone :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your latest painting has such lovely light :)
@gennepher - another bold and successful piece :) I don't know whether I'll be brave enough to try portraits.

todays art catch up - just before I did these two I was gifted some acrylic paint to try from the charity whilst volunteering, it was going to be recycled,
no 1 - there were only three acrylic colours still viable so that's what I used :hilarious: (red, green and a bit of yellow), plus a white gel pen. It's a sketch of a Christmas ornament on A4 typing paper.

View attachment 39998

no 2 - was done with a little watercolour sketching tin made by Daler Rowney which has 15 colours and was purchased from the charity shop the same week. Very quick little seascape to test out the paints, size is about A6 and it's on the back of a old christmas card ;) took about 20 mins.

View attachment 40000
I think you’re right about more people being out on walks. The lane next to our house is usually deserted - nobody goes down it ( it just leads to a disused clay quarry) but today I’ve seen several families with children out for a walk. Everyone observing social distancing and calling friendly greetings, as you’ve noticed. I wonder if this situation might actually be helping families stay fit and heathy.
lovely artwork too!