What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea how to rate this as no idea *** this is all about but took up some of my 3 months so thanks
characters in @OldButBold posted video with the boom box are called J and Silent Bob in a film called “Dogma” - required viewing for anyone wishing to brush up on all things ecumenical.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
characters in @OldButBold posted video with the boom box are called J and Silent Bob in a film called “Dogma” - required viewing for anyone wishing to brush up on all things ecumenical.
Just read the synopsis. Highly unlikely to be ecumenical - can't imagine Catholics and Baptists working on that project together. Don't even think about the (real) Menonites - how would they ever know? (real soft spot for the Amish me. Loved the barn raising in Witness)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i gave an informative..
which to my mind can seem a little cold and indifferent to the post,

yours was to me, and also so very friendly to Geeful

i like your take on things.
always well balanced.

Like.
It's sometimes very difficult to choose the correct rating there just isn't the one that you would like to express. I read with interest and attentiveness all your posts on this thread, seldom venture to other threads, I feel your passion, Please keep it up.

Thank you for seeing me as an always balanced person. I like to think I have a sensible outlook and try to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others opinions and beliefs. However as Mrs MC will tell you I can put my foot in it big time and I am known for my want to be a conspiracy theorist.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I really don’t know why I can’t post photos any more. First my DCUK app went on the blink, and now I don’t seem to be able to use the website properly. I’m not techy enough to figure it out.
The photo was meant to show the cut off bottom of the lettuce in a saucer of water, with the middle bit sprouting new leaves. It’s amazing.
I have done the same, I put a babygem base, a broccoli base and a savoy cabbage base. So far I can just see the baby gem sprouting but they are very tiny at present, I've also some tiny purple cabbage sprouts on the cabbage core - why purple I haven't a clue. Waiting patiently to see what happens, maybe I will try some carrot tops next. Used to grow them as a child didn't realise you could eat them. Same with swede tops we always just throw them away but might give these a try too. I've had had them grow inadvertently before when they were left in a cupboard and forgotten about.

Interesting days ahead.

good morning all :)yesterdays art catch up would have been -
no 1 inspired by someone posting a dark and dramatic dark stormy photo (sorry can't find the original image), done with the new Daler Rowney paints on a sheet of thicker A5 sketch pad paper, rough pencil sketch underneath which you can still see some of
View attachment 40086
and no 2 - two images added together, both dismal in their own way. top one is painted in Windsor and Newton mud on cream craft card :( bottom is painted in Daler Rowney and has a whopping hard edged 'cloud' in the sky caused by the textured craft card not absorbing water well :hilarious: better colour though ;)

View attachment 40087
Thank you for the painting of the Pier between Roker and Seaburn in Sunderland, recognised it immediately. Loved your other watercolour as well. You are very talented.
https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/article/15639/Seafront-webcam

@Muddy Cyclist your painting reminded me of a post card I once bought of the sun glinting though spruce trees. I liked it very much.

I have had the munchies today and got out the pistachio nuts ! had hidden away and am really hoping that my fbs will be as good as yours tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Well mine hasn't gone down this morning, still 5.6 hoping it is a phase but starting to think my next HbA1c if that ever occurs will be higher than I was anticipating. Was regularly seeing low 4s to 5s during the day, now it seems to be low 5s to 6s. Which is still ok but I think I have lost my mojo a bit. Motivation not great at the moment.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold, great that you are improving - amazed that you have been able to post even through the trying times you have experienced but so appreciative that you have been able to do so. You are inspiring.

Reactions: DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love this...

@OldButBold, great that you are improving - amazed that you have been able to post even through the trying times you have experienced but so appreciative that you have been able to do so. You are inspiring.

Thank you Ryhia, can't say I feel inspiring outside of the notion that I refuse to let the darkness overwhelm me ;) Take care

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just read the synopsis. Highly unlikely to be ecumenical - can't imagine Catholics and Baptists working on that project together. Don't even think about the (real) Menonites - how would they ever know? (real soft spot for the Amish me. Loved the barn raising in Witness)

I wish I could put you in touch with two of my friends, one who works with Amish craftsmen for harness and carts, the other who drives for local Amish farmers. He hasn't participated in any barn raisings that I know of, but his house is Amish-built.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this Monday morning. Yesterday I had a nice long walk along my street, felt like I was on Mick Jagger's cloud --
"It was so very quiet and peaceful, there was nobody, not a soul around."

Reactions: jjraak and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_20200331_160616.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's sometimes very difficult to choose the correct rating there just isn't the one that you would like to express. I read with interest and attentiveness all your posts on this thread, seldom venture to other threads, I feel your passion, Please keep it up.

Thank you for seeing me as an always balanced person. I like to think I have a sensible outlook and try to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others opinions and beliefs. However as Mrs MC will tell you I can put my foot in it big time and I am known for my want to be a conspiracy theorist.

Agree..as President Obama says we have to at least look, because they might just have a point.
THEN make up or own minds.
Too many sheep in this world, sadly.

Like your style, give me a man of passion then a fence Sitter, Any day of the week.:)

The only way to never make a bad decision is not to make any.
We won't get everything right, but we should
Look, evaluate, act with clarity, and have passion.

The option to not investigate and make decisions for ourselves just leaves us at the mercy of others, who may not have our best interests at heart..T2D EATWELL advise ring a bell ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think quite a few of us are having ‘what the hell’ moments....3 chunky chocolate biscuits were my sin yesterday...

I do have a very tiny chocolate Lindt Easter bunny. One gulp would finish it. That will wait until Easter.

When I walked into the grocery store yesterday I was confronted by row upon row of chocolate Easter rabbits. It was as if Alfred Hitchcock had done a remake and called it "THE BUNNIES".

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well mine hasn't gone down this morning, still 5.6 hoping it is a phase but starting to think my next HbA1c if that ever occurs will be higher than I was anticipating. Was regularly seeing low 4s to 5s during the day, now it seems to be low 5s to 6s. Which is still ok but I think I have lost my mojo a bit. Motivation not great at the moment.
I wonder if it is also the stress and the uncertainty of all this that is helping to raise our blood sugars

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak