1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I think I must also be turning into a cat. At this rate the lockdown will need to last at least 2 years for me to do everything I thought I would be able to do while not working.

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Popeye, such a strain on you and him. Could you order a supersoaker on Amazon and blast water at them maybe, or hook up a hose if you have an outside tap. Cats do not like water unless in their bowl lol.
    Mr Fuzz has changed the times of his visits and giving me the run around. He turns up for breakfast late, came back lunchtime but I only give him seed twice morning and evening and not much, he must gave a small tum. But its now 6pm and no sign of him. He does his unique run down the garden and goes through the tunnel in the bank that the foxes used to use at night. I think his wife might be in the adjoining garden where there is ground cover so we now call his route “the tunnel of love”. Its really strange that he arrived just before lockdown and he has added another dimension to our days and he is very funny. Long live Mr Fuzz!

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  3. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I just scrolled back up past this, and it looks like a clown's face!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I think this thread is like toilet paper and hand sanitizer -- the most popular item on the board, which had no idea it would ever be expected to keep up with the demand for these posts.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you for posting these. They are lovely. I love the feel of them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm the same, brought all the stuff in, how many bags do they think we need, one bag had one article inside. Sanitized every piece of food that was either in tins or plastic containers. But what do you do about fresh veg? I have just been rinsing with water and then been keeping them in quarantine for a few days. Managed to get eggs at my click and collect, actually had plenty but because I could see that the eggs were coming up as "sorry this item in unavailable" so many times, I thought get some while I can, then googled about freezing them. Can be done, not sure I would want to though. I only either eat eggs for breakfast or Greek yoghurt, usually bought out of Lidl, the brand I purchased from Asda leaves a lot to be desired.

Still thankful I managed to get a delivery slot though.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Wow, wifey sure doesn't show much faith in hubby!

• Funny Funny x 8
  9. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Members of the Acatdemy have voted, and this year's Whisker for Best Supporting Part In A Musical goes to Rusty Barre, for Bedlam in the Bird Bath.

• Like Like x 6
  10. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Y'all have reminded me of one of my mother's favorite books, Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. She wrote it while vacationing on Captiva Island, off the coast of Florida, about 1955. I know we're not at the beach right now -- I wish we were! :) -- but the idea of taking some time to settle into a different rhythm reminded me of this book. She wrote:

“The Beach is not the place to work; to read, write or think…The books remain unread, the pencils break their points, and the pads rest smooth and unblemished as the cloudless sky. No reading, no writing, no thoughts even – not at first.”

“And then, some morning in the second week, the mind wakes, comes to life again. Not in a city sense—no—but beach-wise. It begins to drift, to play, to turn over in gentle careless rolls like those lazy waves on the beach. One never knows what chance treasures these easy unconscious rollers may toss up, on the smooth white sand of the conscious mind; what perfectly rounded stone, what rare shell from the ocean floor."

“Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea.”

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Krystyna23040

OMG just heard that Boris Johnson has been admitted to Intensive Care.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I just heard this on TV.
    Praying for him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. Krystyna23040

Actually, this is exactly what this feels like at the moment. Life has taken on a completely different rhythm and it will definitely take sometime to settle into it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Loved watching [email protected] Reminded me of when our pet budgie used to enjoy his bath, bless him.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to post so late at night, but having heard the news about Boris the beast, my thoughts are if he croaks it, then we as a country are left in the hands of short term, self serving expense fiddling politicians. I am not a political person, but Boris the Beast as I call him has played straight so far. I hope he pulls through.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 6.8

Temp 35.9

Take care

Be safe

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  17. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice reflects a late lucky dip into pantry and discovering the extra pack of hot cross buns I'd scavenged from Tesco, only had one but took all my meagre willpower not to have two.
    Have a lovely day all, stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morning and a 6 for me today. Oh how often I wished for that score at the throw of a dice, but now! :banghead:

Daughter collecting Mrs MCs meds from chemist today, feeling guilty in allowing her to convince us she should do it.

Hugs for those still feeling unwell or in a roll of care or worrying about friends or family.

Make the most of your day, time is a gift to be used responsibly and with care and marvelling at Spring all around us is no bad way to use time.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SelfKiller

SelfKiller · Member

From Right hand finger it is 5.4 and from left hand finger it is 5.2. late night sleep. Watched Mr. Nice Guy

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  20. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

That’s a 5.2 then, I always get a better result from my left hand.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook