What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today in the SketchClubApp

There is no hidden meaning ... just me messing within the app..
I think...

498FA203-7657-41B0-8C6F-FF10D34466F9.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it's similar to yesterday's which we though a tad Muddy like me. I promised I would have another go to get the greens brighter. Sorry it's similar but I am happier with the outcome, I think. A4 watercolour 1 hour 30 mins..inspired from Muddy Cycle rides in the forest of Cannock Chase.

IMG_2872.JPG

The others....
IMG_2852.JPG IMG_2858.JPG

Next series Fence lines.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it's similar to yesterday's which we though a tad Muddy like me. I promised I would have another go to get the greens brighter. Sorry it's similar but I am happier with the outcome, I think. A4 watercolour 1 hour 30 mins..inspired from Muddy Cycle rides in the forest of Cannock Chase.

View attachment 40095

The others....
View attachment 40097 View attachment 40098

Next series Fence lines.
I think I can see why you are happier. You have the brighter spring light here. It is uplifting.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The trees outside my window are in leaf again, and I love the way the sunlight picked out the trunks of these two trees this morning.

20200406_074711_HDR.jpg

It reminds me of Thomas Merton's words: "A tree gives glory to God by being a tree."

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today in the SketchClubApp

There is no hidden meaning ... just me messing within the app..
I think...

View attachment 40099
Looks like you had loads of fun, that's what creativity is all about, I am now looking for a message, insight meaning from your picture.

Liked the eye in your flower was it creative, inspirational, beautiful or sinister?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my Click & Collect this morning from Sainsburys, should be enough for two weeks but no eggs so back to the farm shop on Saturday. Trying to keep going out to absolute minimum and when I do go out I dont feel safe at all even while taking precautions. When I loaded my shopping in the boot I wore plastic gloves which I then consigned to the bin. Then I rubbed sanatising cream onto my hands before getting back in the car. Didnt touch my face on the drive home. Opened the boot and Mr PM opened all doors to enable handwashing without touching anything on the way. Then unloaded the boot item by item antibac wiping each and placing on the hall mat. Took ages. Then went around the outside of the house to bin shopping bags , back around the front and same open route in to handwashing. Then dealt with fridge stuff, got tired so left dry items etc. They’re still on the floor lol.
I dont know if thats enough to keep the virus at bay but its the best I can do.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my Click & Collect this morning from Sainsburys, should be enough for two weeks but no eggs so back to the farm shop on Saturday. Trying to keep going out to absolute minimum and when I do go out I dont feel safe at all even while taking precautions. When I loaded my shopping in the boot I wore plastic gloves which I then consigned to the bin. Then I rubbed sanatising cream onto my hands before getting back in the car. Didnt touch my face on the drive home. Opened the boot and Mr PM opened all doors to enable handwashing without touching anything on the way. Then unloaded the boot item by item antibac wiping each and placing on the hall mat. Took ages. Then went around the outside of the house to bin shopping bags , back around the front and same open route in to handwashing. Then dealt with fridge stuff, got tired so left dry items etc. They’re still on the floor lol.
I dont know if thats enough to keep the virus at bay but its the best I can do.

I am the same...it is absolutely exhausting the aftercare that has to come after a shopping expedition at the moment.

Have a well earned rest @PenguinMum

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had such plans for an indoor day today! Scrub the tub. Move the packed moving boxes out of the coat closet so I can get my shopping cart back in there where it belongs and out of the way. Relocate the moving boxes to the linen closet. Wash the breakfast dishes.

Well, I scrubbed the tub last night, so, that's the work partly done. And now it's officially after noon and the boxes are still in the coat closet and the cart is still in the kitchen with the breakfast dishes.

I think I am turning into a cat ...

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had such plans for an indoor day today! Scrub the tub. Move the packed moving boxes out of the coat closet so I can get my shopping cart back in there where it belongs and out of the way. Relocate the moving boxes to the linen closet. Wash the breakfast dishes.

Well, I scrubbed the tub last night, so, that's the work partly done. And now it's officially after noon and the boxes are still in the coat closet and the cart is still in the kitchen with the breakfast dishes.

I think I am turning into a cat ...
Everybody wants to be a cat cos a cat’s the only cat that knows where its at”
Aristocats of course!
I’m the same. Meant to wash the towels and meant to start my salad seeds on the window cill. Buy hey that can be tomorrow!

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like it! Thank you for posting it. :)

How is Popeye?

He has not been good since yesterday @SaskiaKC
He is frustrated with those feral cats and that he cannot do anything about it.
It is like he gave up yesterday.
He lost his temper and wouldn't let me approach or touch him.
For a bit I was worried he had an infection.
But I decided he was just frustrated and upset (like some people I know who feel about this self isolation and are losing their rags).

So I have been playing binaural healing stuff off You Tube to him last night, and today.
I left him on my bed and I went into the potting shed where I have been all day with my devices. I needed a break.

I have gone in to check on him every hour or so. And he puts his head up and looks at me. His eyes are looking much brighter. I have given him small amounts of food periodically. He has not shifted off my bed since last night. But I think he is looking better in himself. Also he needs a calm me tonight in bed.

I have been sitting in the potting shed with pots and pans to throw at the feral cats (they come in over the wall behind the potting shed door), but they must know because they haven't come near this garden today...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 40095

The others....
View attachment 40097 View attachment 40098

Next series Fence lines.
Thank you for your paintings of trees. I really miss our weekly walks in woodland so it is so nice to look at your paintings as there are no woods in walking distance from our house.

Last edited: