What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap, same here today at Tesco OAP shopping hour no idea why. I almost abandoned but at 9 the manager walked down the long line allowing anyone 70+ to go to the front of the line. Lots of young people and middle aged waiting. Young were fine, middle age turned very aggressive, no violence thank goodness. I could see their point they were shopping for large families who in their eyes could put a greater burden on NHS if they all became ill. Felt very guilty being there at all and walking to the front. The man causing all the trouble had managed to get others like him arguing with the manager and security guard, he was quite a reble rouser, it felt very intimidating. Then he started shouting about politics and who to vote for, unnecessary, quite despicable, and visibly his support divorced themselves from him and the situation calmed down, manager had called the police by then, scary. I think if Mrs MC and I are careful enough we might manage a few weeks without shopping or having to ask kids to shop, I don't wish to see anything like that again.
It is getting hairy out there. Take care. I have problems here...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So pleased that Popeye is feeling better, but how do you feel as you didn't have a good night's slerp?
Chilled out. I am relaxed because of the meditation music. So is Popeye very chilled out on my bed. The meditation music is still playing, from my iPad now, my poor phone needed a rest...

I feel fine. But under no circumstances would I go out and drive with this lack of sleep. No opportunity anyway in this lockdown. I am going into the garden and fresh air in a minute, and into the potting shed for a few hours total chill out time and maybe a nap. I have reading books, everything out there.

Thank you @Krystyna23040
I hope you have a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is the problem @gennepher needs to do more slerping, Gin perhaps?:joyful:
I have a few bottles of gin...
Been collecting them. And yes they are full...
upload_2020-4-10_12-53-24.gif

Reactions: SaskiaKC

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you get to relax and all continues to go well for you both. Thanks for the art, it actually has inspired a thought for today's painting of mine, night, glow, clouds what is not to love. I shall be useing it for the last of my Fence Line series.
That sounds good @Muddy Cyclist
I shall look forward to that...

Right off to potting shed now for rest of day (and no , this potting shed has nothing to do with plants or growing things, it has a comfy bed in it, feather cushions and pillows...and I shall leave the rest to your vivid imaginations...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.1 today

had a lazy morning as, in common with many of us, I didn't sleep particularly well. I had the serious munchies yesterday, I felt I had to eat otherwise I felt anxious :bag: we did manage a good walk, we headed out onto the closed golf links ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SaskiaKC the symmetry that app. produces is soothing, thank you :)
@gennepher - I'm sorry you lost all your work on the first piece, Kudos for pushing on to complete something after all that :)
@Muddy Cyclist - interesting idea sparking today's work in the series, I'm looking forward to it :)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 sketch paper, a rough sketch from a photo then painted with the Kuretake paints, very vibrant colour in this set.

upload_2020-4-10_12-59-26.jpeg

no 2 is a quick one done with the Daler Rowney on Craft card, it was inspired by the weird looking weather on our walk, the sky was quite dark with the sun breaking through but the sea was an odd flat coppery grey colour.
upload_2020-4-10_13-2-14.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Obviously, great to hear of the appreciation for Mr C and colleagues. There is some breathtaking cant and hypocrisy suddenly coming out of the rabid right along with everything we already knew.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-raking-in-billions-during-coronavirus-crisis Nominative determinism Mr Odey. Emily Maitliss's broadside on Newsnight Wednesday probably not viral in his mansion (s) :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
Edited: I don't imply those applauding are rabid right

The article you linked sounds a lot like the phone-in questions I was hearing on TV news earlier this morning. People asking why the bipartisan Congress can't agree to release the money they promised to the people and small businesses who need it. The man who was taking their calls was so busy scanning the headlines of the papers on his desk I wondered if he heard a single thing any of the callers said.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.1 today

had a lazy morning as, in common with many of us, I didn't sleep particularly well. I had the serious munchies yesterday, I felt I had to eat otherwise I felt anxious :bag: we did manage a good walk, we headed out onto the closed golf links ;)

@gennepher - I'm sorry you lost all your work on the first piece, Kudos for pushing on to complete something after all that :)
@Muddy Cyclist - interesting idea sparking today's work in the series, I'm looking forward to it :)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 sketch paper, a rough sketch from a photo then painted with the Kuretake paints, very vibrant colour in this set.

View attachment 40254

no 2 is a quick one done with the Daler Rowney on Craft card, it was inspired by the weird looking weather on our walk, the sky was quite dark with the sun breaking through but the sea was an odd flat coppery grey colour.
View attachment 40255

These paintings are so peaceful and calming. Thank you for posting them. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.1 today

today's art catch up -

View attachment 40254

View attachment 40255
Love the still life, glass is notoriously difficult, very well done. Your description of the seascape you have captured in the watercolour.

No changing my mind now then regarding my daily effort, I will do my best. There goes the Cub Scout in me again. :joyful:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who staying at home following the guidance.
Only 67 posts to catch up on, I have skimmed through the post, I like the paintings, some to my taste, some not but art is subjective. Please don't stop posting the pictuses.

A worrying low 4.8 for me this morning and a physically active day in progress, I am tweaking my diabetic medication, not a serious problem, all part of the great diabetic game.

I feel I must draw attention to today's posts by @dunelm , if you have not seen them go back and look at the picture posted of that nurse and also the posting about PTSD. On my skim through today's posts they caught my eye, so I took time to read them. They bring into focus what some folks are going through. Also please spare a thought for those who are and have fought on front lines and also for the very serious war being waged in the research laboratories by the scientists on our behalf.

Sorry for such serious post. Normal, well my abnormal service might be resumed tomorrow.
Stay well, stay safe and stay at home.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who staying at home following the guidance.
Only 67 posts to catch up on, I have skimmed through the post, I like the paintings, some to my taste, some not but art is subjective. Please don't stop posting the pictuses.

A worrying low 4.8 for me this morning and a physically active day in progress, I am tweaking my diabetic medication, not a serious problem, all part of the great diabetic game.

I feel I must draw attention to today's posts by @dunelm , if you have not seen them go back and look at the picture posted of that nurse and also the posting about PTSD. On my skim through today's posts they caught my eye, so I took time to read them. They bring into focus what some folks are going through. Also please spare a thought for those who are and have fought on front lines and also for the very serious war being waged in the research laboratories by the scientists on our behalf.

Sorry for such serious post. Normal, well my abnormal service might be resumed tomorrow.
Winner, yes, but hug for low BG worry.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

as @Muddy Cyclist says
winner, but a hug too.

the Diabetes roller coaster sure likes to throw the odd curve ball for many.,
sadly.

take care
stay well.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh they were! The only thing putting me off the open toes today is Bobs brought in 3 mice yesterday and let them loose! Managed to catch all using a large flowerpot and ran to the back of the garden and set them free! Today new rules Bobs goesout and catflap locked until I can see her on the mat ready to come in and mouseless!
Great that your OH got that recognition from people. I have left a thank you note on our door for our postie and on the bins also. Am waving and thumbs up and big smile for any delivery drivers. (mr PM thinks I probably scare them lol). These people deserve our thanks and respect.

That Mr P has a wicked sense of humour..:hilarious:

sad but may have been true only a scant weeks ago,
but now i am sure all appreciate a little smile and good wishes from those they cater to and for.

keep it up, @PenguinMum .
life may have changed, but the basic kindness of us all,
now gets a chance to show through even more clearly.

and poor old cats being socially isolated in social isolation..:D
but i agree a sensible lock down solution,..

maybe you wanna run for the Proper PM, role..;)

Stay safe.
Much Love x

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap, same here today at Tesco OAP shopping hour no idea why. I almost abandoned but at 9 the manager walked down the long line allowing anyone 70+ to go to the front of the line. Lots of young people and middle aged waiting. Young were fine, middle age turned very aggressive, no violence thank goodness. I could see their point they were shopping for large families who in their eyes could put a greater burden on NHS if they all became ill. Felt very guilty being there at all and walking to the front. The man causing all the trouble had managed to get others like him arguing with the manager and security guard, he was quite a reble rouser, it felt very intimidating. Then he started shouting about politics and who to vote for, unnecessary, quite despicable, and visibly his support divorced themselves from him and the situation calmed down, manager had called the police by then, scary. I think if Mrs MC and I are careful enough we might manage a few weeks without shopping or having to ask kids to shop, I don't wish to see anything like that again.
Some folk are quite despicable, with no sense of society

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a phone call from my GP surgery which I have only ever visited to register, Dr informed me Govt were a little hasty in issuing shielding letters - missed my chemo ending on Nov 11th and Jan follow up all clear. He said he had now read my medical record thoroughly as new guidance required weekly follow up of shielded by GPs but also more care over who is on the shielded list as initial tranche of letters hurried and very cautious. I am obviously relieved but now I have to decide if I tell Julie to cancel the mayo order and come downstairs.

Last edited: