What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 today

a brisk breeze here today but we have been out for our walk around the village and mr gee is currently contemplating putting some cuttings into pots.
I should be getting on with something, but I'm not :hilarious:
I think I'll do some knitting, I've got a couple of projects on the go that would benefit from some work.

@gennepher that's a fantastic sky :joyful:
@Muddy Cyclist a good start to the new series, you always bring such a strong sense of place to your paintings :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art catch up -
no 1 - stormy sky - White Nights paints
upload_2020-4-30_15-46-50.jpeg

no 2 - more anemones - Kuretake paints
upload_2020-4-30_15-49-22.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was so pleased to be able to add a video to my post but I have not mastered being able to add a video on its own. When I add a link once you have seen the video - other videos follow. The ones that follow my link are OK and all music videos.
I watched a very funny political youtube video which was not suitable for posting on this forum. Unfortunately, everytime I tried to post a video the naughty political one was there also. In the end I had to get rid of my browsing history and cache to stop this happenimg.

As you have probably guessed by now I do struggle with technology sometimes.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon...had a shopping expedition this morning for my normal weekly shop....

Got back totally knackered.
Got the food and veg I set out to get....
And water...
It was hard work, and the queues were all at the tills, 20 people in a queue for the till at Iceland. Only one til lady was on duty. There were other staff in the shop stocking shelves and talking and having conversations with each other. Under normal circumstances, if I had to wait in a queue then I would drop my basket to the floor (to make a point) and walk out, but I needed the blinking shopping...

Social distancing was nil this morning. People reached over me or others as I was picking something off the shelf. Bodily contact was rife. No one was following the obvious one way system, and even moved baskets at the end of the aisle because they couldn't be bothered observing the one way system.

I had other shops to do as well. I was drop dead shattered when I got home. And went out like a light...

Going back to have a look at the thread...

And then back to sleep...
That is really really unbelievably bad of Iceland. No wonder you were totally exhausted when you got back home.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is really really unbelievably bad of Iceland. No wonder you were totally exhausted when you got back home.
Not sure I will use Iceland again after that experience @Krystyna23040. The staff were not manning the door, nor reminding people to self distance. No monitoring. Far too lax.
I am still drop dead tired.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was so pleased to be able to add a video to my post but I have not mastered being able to add a video on its own. When I add a link once you have seen the video - other videos follow. The ones that follow my link are OK and all music videos.
I watched a very funny political youtube video which was not suitable for posting on this forum. Unfortunately, everytime I tried to post a video the naughty political one was there also. In the end I had to get rid of my browsing history and cache to stop this happenimg.

As you have probably guessed by now I do struggle with technology sometimes.
I think you do very well with technology
It is all a learning process ... we all have to do it...,

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.2 today

a brisk breeze here today but we have been out for our walk around the village and mr gee is currently contemplating putting some cuttings into pots.
I should be getting on with something, but I'm not :hilarious:
I think I'll do some knitting, I've got a couple of projects on the go that would benefit from some work.

@gennepher that's a fantastic sky :joyful:
@Muddy Cyclist a good start to the new series, you always bring such a strong sense of place to your paintings :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art catch up -
no 1 - stormy sky - White Nights paints
View attachment 40919
no 2 - more anemones - Kuretake paints
View attachment 40920
Thank you @geefull
I love both your paintings.
But I have a leaning towards your landscape. I like the colours of the St Petersburg paints very much.

Reactions: Ryhia

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today in soft pastels.

The sky has been clear blue, then alternately grey dark clouds, then sun again and blue skies with not a cloud in the sky. It has not rained at all, but we have dark thunder clouds now, but I think they will blow over.

So this is a pastel of the variable skies above me today.

376E661E-2C7D-46BA-8588-BF16C00C9DCB.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am wondering if that massive area yesterday where we had no water yesterday was anything to do with the power station near me powering down. Because, not as much as electricity is needed now with factories not being operational because of the Coronavirus, so they need to ramp down electricity produced. And to use up surplus power, they have to pump massive amounts of water to it.

The message I got off the water board on Twitter said they were re zoning the water, whatever that means.

I am finding this whole issue scary, because I don't think they have had to do this to this degree before.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For me, yes. The best I have found so far. YMMV. These people have really good products - Christmas/cinnamon cookies are really good and they do bread. Their chocolate is very low carb - I really like the almond one - 9 of those arrived today. The ordinary/plain ketochoc really tastes of the sweetener used - eryth (which I really dislike so much I won't even type it fully).
https://lowcarb-glutenfree.com/product/choketo-low-carb-keto-chocolate-milk-almond-3-bars-handmade/
https://lowcarb-glutenfree.com/product-category/baking-mixes/bread-mixes/
All of this is obviously just my opinion and tastes (and my control is poor). Company is very efficient though.
Thank you Ian, I have bookmarked the site for a closer look.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today in soft pastels.

The sky has been clear blue, then alternately grey dark clouds, then sun again and blue skies with not a cloud in the sky. It has not rained at all, but we have dark thunder clouds now, but I think they will blow over.

So this is a pastel of the variable skies above me today.

View attachment 40922
You did really well with your painting - especially with all the stress you had with your water supply and shopping in Iceland.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You did really well with your painting - especially with all the stress you had with your water supply and shopping in Iceland.
Thank you @Krystyna23040
Painting, whether digitally or using some other media eg pastels, after the first few minutes of tiredness if I am stressed, I then override that tiredness and frustration.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon...had a shopping expedition this morning for my normal weekly shop....

Got back totally knackered.
Got the food and veg I set out to get....
And water...
It was hard work, and the queues were all at the tills, 20 people in a queue for the till at Iceland. Only one til lady was on duty. There were other staff in the shop stocking shelves and talking and having conversations with each other. Under normal circumstances, if I had to wait in a queue then I would drop my basket to the floor (to make a point) and walk out, but I needed the blinking shopping...

Social distancing was nil this morning. People reached over me or others as I was picking something off the shelf. Bodily contact was rife. No one was following the obvious one way system, and even moved baskets at the end of the aisle because they couldn't be bothered observing the one way system.

I had other shops to do as well. I was drop dead shattered when I got home. And went out like a light...

Going back to have a look at the thread...

And then back to sleep...

Well @gennepher , after re reading of your horrid day yesterday, I'd say your numbers are more stress related... Sounds like free for all.:woot:

It is those situations, that are going to exacerbate the situation so the next wave comes quicker and at yet another hard to manage height ..:wideyed::banghead:

I hope shops and shoppers, begin to get the message, opening up is NOT going back to normal, ...until we do get this next wave.

only then can we really see what we are dealing with, until there is a working vaccine,

And just how much this virus is going to intrude deep into our lives for a while to come .

Hope you have a much more peaceful day today

Reactions: Ryhia