What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take care everyone and stay safe
Blimey john you're having a rough ride hope you can get to speak to your diabetes team...oh that bully pose I love it which one is it … just had a visit from 'Plumpy' he cleaned the cat bowls for me then sat until he got his treats the kittens are better with him now...be lovely to see them curl up together though that may be a while off yet...take care of yourself.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today on this the 75th anniversary of the victory in Europe.

VE day do we commemorate those who didn't make it to see the end of the war or celebrate those who survived the war and where able to celebrate the end of the war in Europe or spare a thought for those like Judith's uncle Fred who on that day 75 years ago was still held prisoner by the Japanese or maybe all of the above.

Lots to give thanks for and to all those who had a part, spoken or behind the scenes, in that particular play. The survivors and the not so lucky.
My paternal grandfather, steel worker, paternal grandmother munitions worker, maternal grandmother, a woman of steel who drove a crane in the steel works and also worked as an auxiliary nurse while bringing up 6 children. My maternal grandfather - evacuated from Dunkirque, served in North Africa, Italy and up into Germany - shot by a sniper in Jerusalem in 1946. My Uncle Les, an engineer who served in India and Burma with the Chindits - caught malaria and suffered every year. Mr Willets a neighbour, ex Artillery who taught me astronomy, served in both wars and knew Billy Wells. The greengrocer across the road from us when we were kids who had lost an arm somewhere in France. A princess who trained as a mechanic and drove vehicles. And yes, Judith’s Uncle Fred.
Buntings, scones with cream and jam, big pot of tea and cheers to them all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is today's painting the first of my Last Light of the day series. Watercolour. I intend making the foreground darker but need it to dry first, so not quite finished. Based on a walk we did through Bluebells yesterday evening with our dog Moet.

View attachment 41164
Loving all the artwork we have on this thread...pretty unique & I do look forward to the gallery whenever I log in.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a little delicate today had a real social event last night a (very) large Gin & Tonic last night with my neighbours as we clapped in our respective gardens...a beautiful morning getting ready shortly for my click & collect shopping so two outings in the space of 24 hours getting spoilt now...just had 'Plumpy' in for a short visit he cleaned the cat bowls for me then had his treats back home to sunbathe...he loves the weather & will sit in the sunniest spot he can find...woke to a 6.5 not bad for a G & T with some munchies...take care all

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1588935684891.jpg

Reactions: johnpol and dunelm

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

very quiet in the village today. We have fairly new neighbours a couple of houses away who lived outside Paris until recently, they have commemorative bunting up in their window for the anniversary of VE day.

We asked mum (who was in the land army), where she was and what she was doing on VE day, she says she doesn't remember anything in particular but was visiting with Dad's family (her future in-laws), I think the day was spent quietly because the uncle mr gee was later named after had been killed by a sniper whilst crossing a river laying communication lines in Italy and mr gee's Dad was still in Italy with the army.

Off out for our walk shortly, it's pleasantly mild although it's quite dull today :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher two glorious pastels, you handle colour so well :) I'm really enjoying these.
@Muddy Cyclist - I like the luminous foreground beneath the trees, once again such an evocative scene, I do so enjoy your use of colour too :)

Today's art catch up - painted with the 'White Nights'
upload_2020-5-8_15-39-19.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I digressed from my Last Light paintings and did a quick VE Day poster. OK some artistic license for plants available in May.
My Father, Father in Law and two Uncles were all reserved Occupation so saw no combat. Another Uncle was at Dunkirk leading a unit, they all returned but he would never talk about it and never wrote the experience down, other than saying they all swam a long way to survive.

So here is my art for today, A4 watercolour about 25 minutes.

Oh, I have also written and illustrated my House Cat Poem for tonight's family competition, can't publish it here as it will certainly upset some cat owners, it does end with a loud brightly illustrated POP! :joyful:
IMG_3087.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

very quiet in the village today. We have fairly new neighbours a couple of houses away who lived outside Paris until recently, they have commemorative bunting up in their window for the anniversary of VE day.

We asked mum (who was in the land army), where she was and what she was doing on VE day, she says she doesn't remember anything in particular but was visiting with Dad's family (her future in-laws), I think the day was spent quietly because the uncle mr gee was later named after had been killed by a sniper whilst crossing a river laying communication lines in Italy and mr gee's Dad was still in Italy with the army.

Off out for our walk shortly, it's pleasantly mild although it's quite dull today :)

@gennepher two glorious pastels, you handle colour so well :) I'm really enjoying these.
@Muddy Cyclist - I like the luminous foreground beneath the trees, once again such an evocative scene, I do so enjoy your use of colour too :)

View attachment 41179
Very nice, warm days and lots of summer depth. Colours are very evocative of coastal walks I have done over the years, nice painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak you mentioned Twitter gets things done, sure does, tweeted the MPs involved along with other families, almost instant reply from every one and action promised in a standard letter that means little I suspect.

The MP for the area the home is in says she can't act as the home has not made any contact, more rules, the homes been asked to contact said MP, bearing in mind this campaign is for staff not residents the home says they will contact the MP next week, NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! Why not now or even days ago?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak you mentioned Twitter gets things done, sure does, tweeted the MPs involved along with other families, almost instant reply from every one and action promised in a standard letter that means little I suspect.

The MP for the area the home is in says she can't act as the home has not made any contact, more rules, the homes been asked to contact said MP, bearing in mind this campaign is for staff not residents the home says they will contact the MP next week, NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! Why not now or even days ago?

Result on getting the message out.:D

But it's that lack of urgency that has characterised this governments lackadaisical
approach to so much of this crisis.
It's only dead people, so what's the rush.:rolleyes:

January, last week.. today.. But for god's sakes NOT ramping it up and Paying tribute to a our health heroes. NEXT WEEK or so...:banghead:

Please insert Anglo Saxon phrase of your choice bound to have been one of the ones I was shouting in my head.

End of a bell, the lot of em.

Good luck getting action
Name the home, let's all get on twitter and ask questions about it.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

View attachment 41179

Thank you for your compliments on my pastel @geefull

A beautiful rolling countryside sunny scene. And I love your skies with these paints.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I digressed from my Last Light paintings and did a quick VE Day poster. OK some artistic license for plants available in May.
My Father, Father in Law and two Uncles were all reserved Occupation so saw no combat. Another Uncle was at Funkirk leading a unit, they all returned but he would never talk about it and never wrote the experience down, other than saying they all swam a long way to survive.

So here is my art for today, A4 watercolour about 25 minutes.

Oh, I have also written and illustrated my House Cat Poem for tonight's family competition, can't publish it here as it will certainly upset some cat owners, it does end with a loud brightly illustrated POP! :joyful:
View attachment 41180
Beautiful commemorative poppies @Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today have done an important job on my To Do List. Have made a list of companies I make regular payments to from my personal and business accounts so if I 'pop my clogs ' Mr K will find it easy to sort my finances.

For example he really won't want a monthly delivery of ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds and inulin from Holland and Barrett. Nor will he want to continue with my Nespresso subscription. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. Sounds an unduly pessimistic thing to do - but I feel really good to have done it.

He doesn't have to do this as he meticulously files everything - however he is going to show me how to fill up the water softener with salt tomorrow.