What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.2 yesterday and 4.3 today

cold and wet here, a big shock to the system after the last few days even though the weather forecast predicted it.
Katy has gone back to mum today, the vet ok'd discontinuing the medication and the medical vest and mum has, of course, been missing her, so mr gee and I are a bit adrift at the moment we had got so used to her trotting about behind us all the time :(

I did no painting yesterday evening, we took Katy for a nice walk whilst the weather was still good :)

We've picked up mum's shopping list ready for the weekly shopping expedition tomorrow morning, neither household intends on moving out of isolation to any great extent just yet. ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your outdoor concert sounds brilliant, such a good idea for a get together :) It will be interesting to see what you make of working/copying in styles inspired by others, I had a look at Paul Fowler, he does interesting work, quite abstract but with a lovely strong spatial feel :)

@gennepher - loved yesterday's pastel with that wonderful light path across the sea, even more so today's :joyful: Thank you, I also enjoyed looking up the work of John Blockley and that of (I believe), his daughter Ann, both use edges and colour in a way I wish I could emulate (I'm not very good at positive/negative space yet and I'm quite tentative with colour). John Blockley seems to reveal the 'hard' bones of the landscape and Ann the 'soft' cover.

Art catch up - as I did before, to try to broaden my practice skills I've made some 'emulative' paintings, copying artists I admire as a learning tool, so there are a couple of these below.
no 1 - this is a shot at a painting by Charles Ash an American painter, he is able to convey so much with his use of colour and white space.
upload_2020-6-2_17-53-21.jpeg

no 2 - this is inspired by a Dutch artist called Frieda Rouffa, I'm not too impressed by the top of my sky but I'm quite happy with how the water turned out :)
upload_2020-6-2_18-3-7.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Very late posting today, life, the universe and everything intruded into my day, I shall thank Douglas A. for beening able to use part of his quote.

A straight 6.0 this morning.

I hope my fellow posters have had a good day and are coping with cabin fever, cabin fever is not a problem for me and me's, we are totally mad, but me and me's don't care. Hehehehe

Reactions: karen8967 and Ryhia

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At last - on my third visit to the Sheringham Park website today they are displaying the following notice:
Important notice -
We’re re-opening the parkland at Sheringham Park on 8 June. You will need to book your visit in advance. Check What’s On for the latest information and to book. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.

I am so happy as I have so missed our walks there.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.2 yesterday and 4.3 today

cold and wet here, a big shock to the system after the last few days even though the weather forecast predicted it.
Katy has gone back to mum today, the vet ok'd discontinuing the medication and the medical vest and mum has, of course, been missing her, so mr gee and I are a bit adrift at the moment we had got so used to her trotting about behind us all the time :(

I did no painting yesterday evening, we took Katy for a nice walk whilst the weather was still good :)

We've picked up mum's shopping list ready for the weekly shopping expedition tomorrow morning, neither household intends on moving out of isolation to any great extent just yet. ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your outdoor concert sounds brilliant, such a good idea for a get together :) It will be interesting to see what you make of working/copying in styles inspired by others, I had a look at Paul Fowler, he does interesting work, quite abstract but with a lovely strong spatial feel :)

@gennepher - loved yesterday's pastel with that wonderful light path across the sea, even more so today's :joyful: Thank you, I also enjoyed looking up the work of John Blockley and that of (I believe), his daughter Ann, both use edges and colour in a way I wish I could emulate (I'm not very good at positive/negative space yet and I'm quite tentative with colour). John Blockley seems to reveal the 'hard' bones of the landscape and Ann the 'soft' cover.

Art catch up - as I did before, to try to broaden my practice skills I've made some 'emulative' paintings, copying artists I admire as a learning tool, so there are a couple of these below.
no 1 - this is a shot at a painting by Charles Ash an American painter, he is able to convey so much with his use of colour and white space.
View attachment 41822

no 2 - this is inspired by a Dutch artist called Frieda Rouffa, I'm not too impressed by the top of my sky but I'm quite happy with how the water turned out :)
View attachment 41824
I really like these paintings. I agree - it is amazing how much you can convey with colour and white space. In your second painting you have really captured the water superbly.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher another great Pastel, on first impressions I wasn't sure about the sea colour but looking again there is a lot of detail and it works very well.

@geefull these are very good much better than my effort at copying. You have relaxed into a nice free stile copying is really helping you progress, excellent.

My copying so far failed, I keep resorting back to my old ways. I am still not liking the paper but will persevere. I have started the Stepping Stones in Sherbrooke Valley but not fifnshed, another busy day, Mountain bike 3.5 hours, VET visit took ages with the virus system they have in place, visit to MIL care home to sit in garden with MIL, worked very well, felt very safe and Mrs MC was so pleased to have visited after so long. So unfinished Watercolour A4 size, paper I don't like, lots still to do and reverting back to my stile even after making every effort to change :banghead: will finish tomorrow.

IMG_3272.JPG

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher another great Pastel, on first impressions I wasn't sure about the sea colour but looking again there is a lot of detail and it works very well.

@geefull these are very good much better than my effort at copying. You have relaxed into a nice free stile copying is really helping you progress, excellent.

My copying so far failed, I keep resorting back to my old ways. I am still not liking the paper but will persevere. I have started the Stepping Stones in Sherbrooke Valley but not fifnshed, another busy day, Mountain bike 3.5 hours, VET visit took ages with the virus system they have in place, visit to MIL care home to sit in garden with MIL, worked very well, felt very safe and Mrs MC was so pleased to have visited after so long. So unfinished Watercolour A4 size, paper I don't like, lots still to do and reverting back to my stile even after making every effort to change :banghead: will finish tomorrow.

View attachment 41826
Even unfinished this is very good.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.2

Still no rain. My app had promised heavy rain showers, but zilch.

I have a headache, not helped by that dull grey cloudy sky. Going back to sleep. Not enough light out there for me to get up.

Take care

P.S. I cut about 6 inches off my hair last night. It felt even both sides I'm the shower. And I just wrapped it in a towel and went to sleep. Midnight saw me visiting the bathroom. I looked in the bathroom mirror, and immediately lopped off another one and a half inches the other side. But that side is still longer....

P.P.S. I will read last night’s posts in a bit. Brain doesn't like these horrid uniform grey skies, and so it won’t kick into gear...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Damp here with more rain promised, need it but why today? Mrs MC and I have a morning visit to some gardens booked, looks like we will be finding out our waterproofs.

@Krystyna23040 thank you for the compliments re my painting.

@gennepher hugs for the effect grey skies have had on you. Out of interest this flat light is much sort by wildlife photographers.

Take care, dodge the rain drops, enjoy the change in the elements of which fortunately we have little control.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from wet and windy international bin day morning here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of home made burger stacks in home made FibreFlour buns came in at 4.7 this am

It’s our grandsons 11th birthday on Saturday and to that end, video recorded messages are being sent to his mother in order for her to make him a birthday greetings video. With luck, we will be able to sit in their garden for a while. It will be small break in my cover as an agent of Shield. I may have to wear a hat.

@gennepher, I have placed a bucket outside to collect some rain for you but you could try the rain dance with your fancy new hairdo.

Have the very best day that you can. Koffy calls

upload_2020-6-3_7-14-58.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a rain free dustbowl edge of The Breks. My fbg was 4.4 on the Libre reader or 4.6 on the phone @ 6.00. Both are largely ok considering #anklegate and the narrow range of exercise thus undertaken. I remain unconvinced as to how this bg control plays into any well balanced health regime. Perhaps when a full blood count and A1c are undertaken things may be clearer. @dunelm 11th birthday sounds perfect. We missed a first birthday on May 14th (if only we had needed eyesight checks) but the young lady in question is coming to our garden today weather permitting - no, she isn't called Maud. @geefull such talent in the artwork and good for me to read the names of artists I haven't known before. Please take care whatever you are doing today. Whatever the danger level, fatality numbers or best way to proceed really are I am absolutely certain they aren't what the Good News Bears would have us believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...trying to get back into some kind of routine after almost three months of doing nothing...today the world seems a little more uncertain conflict aggression uncertainty so off to make another coffee it's needed...cooler here today waiting for the rain we need some...woke to a 6.5

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Alarm went off 7.30 got up, bathroom, back to bed must have slept for suddenly it was 9.20
9.30am FBG 6.8 no idea why,
slightly wobbly tummy too.
Don't fancy anything to eat so just had some water.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too Krystyna had three calls in total tiresome.
I.agree that they are so tiresome.

I.must admit though that I have had a bit of fun with the 'your computer is ilnfected' calls.
'What can you see on your computer screen?'
'Nothing - the screen is black' .
'is your computer switched on?'
'Yes'.
'What can you see now?'
'Nothing - the screen is black' .
After a few minutes of this they start getting annoyed and terminate the csll.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.2

Still no rain. My app had promised heavy rain showers, but zilch.

I have a headache, not helped by that dull grey cloudy sky. Going back to sleep. Not enough light out there for me to get up.

Take care

P.S. I cut about 6 inches off my hair last night. It felt even both sides I'm the shower. And I just wrapped it in a towel and went to sleep. Midnight saw me visiting the bathroom. I looked in the bathroom mirror, and immediately lopped off another one and a half inches the other side. But that side is still longer....

P.P.S. I will read last night’s posts in a bit. Brain doesn't like these horrid uniform grey skies, and so it won’t kick into gear...
You are really brave - lopping off your hair. It sounds as though it was successful though.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher, I have placed a bucket outside to collect some rain for you but you could try the rain dance with your fancy new hairdo.

Have the very best day that you can. Koffy calls

upload_2020-6-3_7-14-58-jpeg.41835
Your bucket of rain did the trick @dunelm
The heavens have opened and ditching their cargo of rain in my back garden.
Thank you Thank you Thank you

The air is fresher, cooler, and much nicer to breathe.

I am going in my garden to sit in it (no I am not crazy, I will be sitting under my thatched swing).

You have no idea how invigorating this rain is to me. I have not seen any rain for 3 months now.

I just want to go out there and feel the rain on my skin...

I will play catch up in this thread later..

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay I haven't brushed my hair since midnight. This is my sleepy touselled hair.

It's not too bad for a self cut is it?

IMG_03062020_092833_(1802_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Maybe you better not answer....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost forgot to post my fbs. 5.3 this morning. Was really pleased with that as it was 4.0 last night which will usually trigger a 6+ in the morning. I wonder if my liver has at last learnt that doesn't need to flood my system with masses of sugar the next morning.

Actually, things might be changing as I no longer get hypo alerts when I drop into the 3s . Perhaps my body is now realising that this is the new normal.