What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks you @Krystyna23040 and @gennepher for comments about Dorothy Clive Gardens Visit, pleased we ignored the weather and went. I took lots of pictures of flowers and Mrs MC is quiet in her study drawing and painting them. Me well I have been trying to save the picture I started yesterday, failed, but I will post it to show I finished. I am going to put aside this Canson Rough Paper, it and I do not get on. I am also giving up with trying to change my stile as that also seem s to be defeating me. A big rethink needed so lots of sketching and doodling tonight for some new ideas.

So A4 watercolour on Canson Rough Paper, about 2 hours.

View attachment 41842

Just realised I have another Canson Rough sheet already with a wash laid down, so I will do another Stepping Stone Painting but try a more dramatic angle, then away with the Canson as it's driving me nuts.

White Canson is not my favourite paper.
I think I have a couple sketchbooks of it somewhere at the back of a cupboard, and that is where they are going to stay.

Your painting is effective. It has got depth, good reflections and the stepping stones lead you to the golden sunlight in the distance. It is a good painting.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
White Canson is not my favourite paper.
I think I have a couple sketchbooks of it somewhere at the back of a cupboard, and that is where they are going to stay.

Your painting is effective. It has got depth, good reflections and the stepping stones lead you to the golden sunlight in the distance. It is a good painting.
Thank you. I still cannot get any Arches 100 Cotton Hot Pressed my preferred paper and so I am having to try Canson 100 cotton hot Pressed, it looks smoother than this Rough Canson but i do not yet know how it holds the paint, will try some probably next week.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I still cannot get any Arches 100 Cotton Hot Pressed my preferred paper and so I am having to try Canson 100 cotton hot Pressed, it looks smoother than this Rough Canson but i do not yet know how it holds the paint, will try some probably next week.

I hope it works for you @Muddy Cyclist

When I was painting acrylics a few months ago, I couldn’t get hold of a mixed media paper pad I liked, so I ordered a Canson mixed media paper pad from Amazon. It was 30 sheets of rubbish. I used it for acrylics because I had paid for the pad, but I resented every sheet I painted. Finally there were two pages left. I tore them out and used them to line a drawer. I couldn’t bear to do another painting on it. I would sooner paint acrylics on driftwood rather than Canson paper.

I hope you strike lucky when you try your new paper next week.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.2 this morning

our shopping trip went fairly well (as far as we know ;) ), masks were worn and interestingly I think the proportion of other people wearing masks was greater this week than the last couple of weeks.

Stock is good in the shops but still no bread flour, fortunately we managed to get some plain flour and I already have some wheat gluten I bought to try with my lc baking. Mr gee usually makes a loaf each week for himself :), it smells wonderful.

It's been a chilly day although there have been sunny intervals and we managed to spend a little while in mum's garden with Katy playing 'fetch' (her not us ;)).

Hmmf, I missed my diaversary, it was on Sunday, three years since diagnosis. Glad every day that I found this forum so thank you all for the help and inspiration :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - you're braver than me cutting your own hair, mine is very fine and goodness knows what it would look like if I took the scissors to it :hilarious: interesting digital artwork today and an interesting insight into the creative process thank you. I may have a go at digital art sometime, I have done some photo retouching and a couple of montages but not much digital art.

@Muddy Cyclist - It's a bit of a cause for chagrin that I can get better colour when trying to emulate someone else than I can when I do my own stuff :sorry: I'm hoping that each time I try the exercise a little something will creep into my own style ;)
I do like your latest work, particularly the light through the trees though I also understand how difficult it is to move your own style on, I've only been back painting for about 5 months and it already seems to me like some of the things I do are set in stone.

Arty catch up - thank you all for your kind comments on my art practice :) @Muddy Cyclist, @gennepher and @Krystyna23040

no 1 - can't decide whether I like this sort of abstract landscape or not, the foreground was rather green/bluer when I painted it and then changed colour when it dried :sorry: (I think it was the 'indigo' I used in the mix ).
upload_2020-6-3_21-23-52.jpeg

no 2 - happier with this one ;)
upload_2020-6-3_21-28-24.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.2 this morning

our shopping trip went fairly well (as far as we know ;) ), masks were worn and interestingly I think the proportion of other people wearing masks was greater this week than the last couple of weeks.

Stock is good in the shops but still no bread flour, fortunately we managed to get some plain flour and I already have some wheat gluten I bought to try with my lc baking. Mr gee usually makes a loaf each week for himself :), it smells wonderful.

It's been a chilly day although there have been sunny intervals and we managed to spend a little while in mum's garden with Katy playing 'fetch' (her not us ;)).

Hmmf, I missed my diaversary, it was on Sunday, three years since diagnosis. Glad every day that I found this forum so thank you all for the help and inspiration :joyful:

@gennepher - you're braver than me cutting your own hair, mine is very fine and goodness knows what it would look like if I took the scissors to it :hilarious: interesting digital artwork today and an interesting insight into the creative process thank you. I may have a go at digital art sometime, I have done some photo retouching and a couple of montages but not much digital art.

@Muddy Cyclist - It's a bit of a cause for chagrin that I can get better colour when trying to emulate someone else than I can when I do my own stuff :sorry: I'm hoping that each time I try the exercise a little something will creep into my own style ;)
I do like your latest work, particularly the light through the trees though I also understand how difficult it is to move your own style on, I've only been back painting for about 5 months and it already seems to me like some of the things I do are set in stone.

Arty catch up - thank you all for your kind comments on my art practice :) @Muddy Cyclist, @gennepher and @Krystyna23040

no 1 - can't decide whether I like this sort of abstract landscape or not, the foreground was rather green/bluer when I painted it and then changed colour when it dried :sorry: (I think it was the 'indigo' I used in the mix ).
View attachment 41844

View attachment 41845
Thank you for the digital painting compliment :)

I prefer Number one painting out of the two with its simplicity, no trees or houses. There is something very soothing about the greens. This is on my small phone screen.

But when I go over to the iPad with the larger screen, I now like Number 2 painting, more than I did on the small phone screen. The colours work on the larger screen and I can see the detail on the water which looks good.

I look again at the number one painting on the larger iPad screen and I like it even more. There is a lot of interesting detail in the greens.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.2 this morning

View attachment 41844

View attachment 41845
Thank you for your compliment re my painting, your words about being set in stone are so true it's very difficult to break out.

Number one of your paintings is definitely my favourite, I have been on many walks and Bike Rides with views like this. The distance you achieved is excellent and I like the way the white paper shines out on the water and the distance and detail in the painting of the grassy slopes.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today, I know why, two pieces of 90% cocoa chocolate fell out of the cupboard into my hand just before bed at 1 am this morning, didn't resist it was obviously meant to be :)

My yearly review by telephone today at 8 am. How useful it will be I have no idea, a box ticking exercise me thinks. And so with my virus survival risk factor being around 1.5 to 2.5% higher, or should that be lower, than healthy humans my age I feel a little miffed that I am not getting a HbA1c test or review. Let's face it the Health Centre do not know I am taking BG readings as they advised against it. Still there are people much worse off not getting attention so mustn't grumble.

A dull but dry day and all mine after 8am. So must get my creative hat on and produce something for Friday nights family virtual meal challenge, this week is 'Animal Outfits' and I have zilch ideas.

Let the day take you where it will and enjoy it. Take care.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and a 6 for me today, I know why, two pieces of 90% cocoa chocolate fell out of the cupboard into my hand just before bed at 1 am this morning, didn't resist it was obviously meant to be :)

My yearly review by telephone today at 8 am. How useful it will be I have no idea, a box ticking exercise me thinks. And so with my virus survival risk factor being around 1.5 to 2.5% higher, or should that be lower, than healthy humans my age I feel a little miffed that I am not getting a HbA1c test or review. Let's face it the Health Centre do not know I am taking BG readings as they advised against it. Still there are people much worse off not getting attention so mustn't grumble.

A dull but dry day and all mine after 8am. So must get my creative hat on and produce something for Friday nights family virtual meal challenge, this week is 'Animal Outfits' and I have zilch ideas.

Let the day take you where it will and enjoy it. Take care.
I hope your review goes well @Muddy Cyclist
Mine is due next month so how they do mine when I can’t hear on the telephone, I have no idea...
Like you I am taking BG readings, against the advice of my surgery. They won’t prescribe the stuff needed for that. So they don’t know I am keeping it all more under control because of that.
Have fun for your virtual family meal night.
Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Temp 35.1

I couldn’t sleep last night despite fans etc. But then went out like a light at 3 am, so just got 3 hours sleep. Woke up at 6.

Grey skies, but a variable grey. Bits of white peeking through, bits of a dark grey, and various shades of a blue grey. I quite like the sky this morning. It is just sheets of one shade depressing grey, like yesterday, that do me in.

But this morning’s greys look attractive!

Going back to sleep to catch up on beauty sleep, so I will wake up all lovely and beautiful!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I wondered what would happen if I upped my carbs to 30g. The result of that experiment was 6.0 this morning.

Although the experiment might have been messed up by reading a text late last night from a client who suggested l start teaching on Zoom. I don't know why that is so scary - but didn't sleep at all well last night

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I wondered what would happen if I upped my carbs to 30g. The result of that experiment was 6.0 this morning.

Although the experiment might have been messed up by reading a text late last night from a client who suggested l start teaching on Zoom. I don't know why that is so scary - but didn't sleep at all well last night

It doesn’t take much to raise blood sugar levels in terms of stress @Krystyna23040
My horrible next door neighbour can do that to me!

It’s something different, out of our comfort zone, when we have not done stuff before.

Have a nap later if you need one

Take care. Have a good day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a dullard morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of charging round the garden this morning refilling the bird feeders, again, came in at 5.1 this am - these greedy freeloaders are in no sense of the phrase “socially distancing” - I fear an attack of bird flue.

I have now worn out three of the resistance bands from my current set - not bad after a couple of years usage. A new set of bands arrived yesterday - missing a carabiner from one of the handles. I have asked for one to be sent out but suspect that the whole set will have to go back and be replaced.

A friend took some photos while walking in the woods this week, thought that I would share them.

Have the most wonderful day that you can. Koffy calls.

upload_2020-6-4_8-5-10.jpeg

upload_2020-6-4_8-5-34.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It doesn’t take much to raise blood sugar levels in terms of stress @Krystyna23040
My horrible next door neighbour can do that to me!

It’s something different, out of our comfort zone, when we have not done stuff before.

Have a nap later if you need one

Take care. Have a good day.
You are right about stress raising the blood sugars. I feel a lot better now as I had a brainwave while walking round the park with the dogs. Practice on some clients before even thinking of teaching a whole cllass.

Then perhaps try with two or three clients at a time. I wouldn't charge anything for this so no pressure. I don't have to do it perfectly and can make mistakes and learn.

Feel much more relaxed now. Actually could even have that nap you suggested ow.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Ryhia

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ponder the great equation that is diabetes.

A straight 8.0 this morning, but I have an idea and it's not anything I consumed yesterday, no I'm not going to say what the idea is, but it involves things that would get me in trouble with the moderators....again hehehehehe.

Well folks what have you planned for today? Something that will make your neighbours think you have lost the plot I hope. If not try, life is to short to serious, I know this because I read about it in a book that had pictures in it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are right about stress raising the blood sugars. I feel a lot better now as I had a brainwave while walking round the park with the dogs. Practice on some clients before even thinking of teaching a whole cllass.

Then perhaps try with two or three clients at a time. I wouldn't charge anything for this so no pressure. I don't have to do it perfectly and can make mistakes and learn.

Feel much more relaxed now. Actually could even have that nap you suggested ow.
That sounds absolutely brilliant @Krystyna23040
I am glad you are relaxed about that now.
Have some fun with it!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of a dullard morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of charging round the garden this morning refilling the bird feeders, again, came in at 5.1 this am - these greedy freeloaders are in no sense of the phrase “socially distancing” - I fear an attack of bird flue.

I have now worn out three of the resistance bands from my current set - not bad after a couple of years usage. A new set of bands arrived yesterday - missing a carabiner from one of the handles. I have asked for one to be sent out but suspect that the whole set will have to go back and be replaced.

A friend took some photos while walking in the woods this week, thought that I would share them.

Have the most wonderful day that you can. Koffy calls.

View attachment 41849

View attachment 41850
Wow @dunelm
I love these photos. Feels like I am walking in that forest with the scent of those trees!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pastel painting for today.
It is a sunset, but I have seen sunrises like this...
Took about an hour and a half. On grey Ingres paper.
64A418BC-578C-4DF3-995C-63390FF26330.jpeg

Going back out again because it is nice and fresh out there. Popeye however declines. I took him out earlier when I did this, but he jumped out of my arms and ran in, and is firmly ensconced under his woolly fleece on my bed...he says he needs sun shining on him...actually I might have another nap before I go back out...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My pastel painting for today.
It is a sunset, but I have seen sunrises like this...
Took about an hour and a half. On grey Ingres paper.
View attachment 41852

Going back out again because it is nice and fresh out there. Popeye however declines. I took him out earlier when I did this, but he jumped out of my arms and ran in, and is firmly ensconced under his woolly fleece on my bed...he says he needs sun shining on him...actually I might have another nap before I go back out...
Sunrise, sunset, you have become the master of these and Pastels suit them well. Like the wave rolling in and the detail in the water in the foreground and higher blue sky. Then the worst thing that can happen with a picture happened, the right reflection below the dark wave turned into Mr Toad from Wind in the Willows and to its left an impish character waving its hands above its head, and they won't go away :banghead: fiendish thing our minds eye.

Rest well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunrise, sunset, you have become the master of these and Pastels suit them well. Like the wave rolling in and the detail in the water in the foreground and higher blue sky. Then the worst thing that can happen with a picture happened, the right reflection below the dark wave turned into Mr Toad from Wind in the Willows and to its left an impish character waving its hands above its head, and they won't go away :banghead: fiendish thing our minds eye.

Rest well.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
I can see a banshee snaking through the dark clouds, and then a flying tortoise eating the dark clouds.......