What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 but no cause for celebration at seeing a 5 finally, as it was only 5:30 am. It’ll be shooting upwards again by now I expect.
Form is temporary. Class is permanent. This too (higher fbg) will pass. Take it easy young lady.

Reactions: DJC3

Andrew337

I have only been diagnosed with Type II for a week. Today my fasting blood sugar was 6.8. I think I’d like it to be lower. I’m not quite sure why there is so much variation? I’m on a very low sugar keto diet. I’m still on the steep learning curve in every direction

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Libre says 4.4 this morning.

@Andrew337 welcome to the forum I must say congrats after just a week 6.8 isn't bad at all keep up the good work and you will soon be down in the fives easily.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have only been diagnosed with Type II for a week. Today my fasting blood sugar was 6.8. I think I’d like it to be lower. I’m not quite sure why there is so much variation? I’m on a very low sugar keto diet. I’m still on the steep learning curve in every direction
Good to see you @Andrew337. As for learning, every day is a school day with this condition and diet. Beware the charlatans who claim to have it sussed and know all the answers.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly 5.3 @ 5.50. New sensor, odd readings. No 4s until 13.00 ish.

I get lower readings for the first day or so if I don't pop my new sensor on to bed in 2 days before old sensor runs out.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey. Just signed up. I was diagnosed with Type2 in March. My blood sugar was 135 this morning, don’t know how to convert to what I guess is a1c numbers you all are posting. I’m in the USA. Any help?
Hey. Just signed up. I was diagnosed with Type2 in March. My blood sugar was 135 this morning, don’t know how to convert to what I guess is a1c numbers you all are posting. I’m in the USA. Any help?

Hi and welcome.

We post our fasting blood sugars which is different to a1c. A1c is a blood test that gives a average blood sugar for @ 3 months.

The attached will help you convert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200605-090704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200605-090704_Gallery.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 253

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hello and welcome
You will find your fasting blood sugar will come down. It's usually the last one to come down though. It's due mainly to whats called dawn phenomena. You can find out more on this site. The search facility is great for info.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me reflecting the first of my birthday social distancing events! 6 of us at my friends yesterday. Garden. Freezing! Salad, nuts, strawberries and cream, wine
6.1 for non diabetic hubby who also gets dawn phenomena.
Late readings on the libre today hence higher fbs

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me reflecting the first of my birthday social distancing events! 6 of us at my friends yesterday. Garden. Freezing! Salad, nuts, strawberries and cream, wine
happy birthday wishes debs xx

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

happy birthday <3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.7 today. Ate soup really late into the night and was scared to dose fully for it so took one unit instead of three. At least I slept well know I wasn't going to hypo.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 today, then 2 hours later 8.5. That was after a mad cleaning session.
Note to self: let someone else clean in future and just lift feet higher when they run the vacuum cleaner around.:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Form is temporary. Class is permanent. This too (higher fbg) will pass. Take it easy young lady.

Thanks, but I wish it’d pass a bit quicker - I’m getting 8s mid morning some days now. Not seen an 8 for a couple of years. ( and I hadn’t even done any cleaning @Pipp )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 @ 6.0 this morning. Happy birthday @Debandez. June produces some of the best of us but I share my birthday with Bojo:arghh: @DJC3 we seem to have swapped data for now. That will change soon enough.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967