porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all.....double figure start to the day 6.4 :hilarious::hilarious:

@Fairygodmother I would wait until you get the bill before asking for a mask.....you know what garages are like lol

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all.....double figure start to the day 6.4 :hilarious::hilarious:

@Fairygodmother I would wait until you get the bill before asking for a mask.....you know what garages are like lol
I did leave a couple of packets of chocolate biscuits on the front seat for their munchtime break

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
They’re a friendly lot at the garage, and one of the service mechanics has T2 so his were a few (?) of the slim style choc bics. The first car bought from them was way back in 1978, so I think a bulk-priced single mask isn’t a big ask! All four of us, me, himindoors, both daughters, bought hybrids from them, second hand, between 2016 and 2018 so maybe four masks? my car was the biggest car purchase I’ve ever made (gulp) and it needs to last until we all have to go electric.
It’s also got a couple of great places to put the jelly babies.

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
OMG, the garage have really adapted to safe communications - I’ve just had an online video of bits of the car that need work now, and wear on tyres for 3 months’ time, with an online authorisation sheet. I’m impressed!!!!!

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw this on the internet today.
I now need to find my hacksaw and superglue :)

107869956_186474646166203_1494727541938678111_o.jpg

Reactions: Goonergal

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all!

I have concluded I was lacking in fresh air after yesterday's slumping combined with closing the windows as it was decidedly chilly and so I have just returned from a long walk in the rain. I hate walking in the rain, normally, but it cleared the cobwebs and the headache which had been niggling all day with no apparent cause then meant I had no qualms about shoving everything I'd been wearing in the machine, me in the bath, and then back onto the sofa.

Normality is slowly kind of sort of returning - simplified and well-distanced church services restart in my place on Sunday, no singing or after church refreshments, but I can go and play the organ at appropriate times and places.

We've done the last of the video calls with students for this year and can only hope for a more usual way of life, for them and us, in the new academic year, but I know there are plans in place for continuing current ways if we need to.

Reactions: Antje77 and hh1

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @Nicola M

Oh I just love that @Antje77 It would be worth it to try to do it before my next in person endo appointment. She is always asking about me wearing my Dexcoms for so long as I keep restarting them..................I'd really love to be able to say I've started screwing them on!!!! I think I would use temporary glue though lol.............I wear each transmitter in a sensor 90 days. OOOh I wish I could do that on my dogs Libre for her next vet appointment, they had never seen a Libre until I put one on my dog, but she's got a Miao Miao on it now. Priceless joke!!!!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 3.7 waking as I slept thru the alarms but no harm done, currently eating my porridge before finishing lining the bathroom as I've a piece of paper to 'let in' behind the bog around the foul pipe, which puts the painting off till tomorrow :banghead:

Good old Yorkshire weather and the earlier sun's clouded over and the wind's picked up, hoping it doesn't rain as I've the lawns to mow later (a job I've neglected for 3 weeks) so it's all go :p

Have a good weekend.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, pretty warm here, a bit later dog walking as it's Saturday but got back a little while ago and glad to come in to cool down. @kev-w hope the weather holds off for you, 3 weeks' worth of growth is a lot at this time of year. It'd take me two days to cut all mine if I left it for that long (including tea breaks of course!)

Hope you're all doing something (at least one thing, kev!) you enjoy this weekend.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 3.7 waking as I slept thru the alarms but no harm done, currently eating my porridge before finishing lining the bathroom as I've a piece of paper to 'let in' behind the bog around the foul pipe, which puts the painting off till tomorrow :banghead:

Good old Yorkshire weather and the earlier sun's clouded over and the wind's picked up, hoping it doesn't rain as I've the lawns to mow later (a job I've neglected for 3 weeks) so it's all go :p

Have a good weekend.
the jobs are never ending kev ,you finish one then on to the next:banghead:

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Snorkeling on the schedule for me today. Hopefully not too much rain, we’re already going to be wet but it can be choppier.

I didn’t want to leave the water last Tuesday it was like a giant pool so calm, warm and clear. And some turtles! Having fun!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK? I get sent stems & write music with from bunch a guys sharing a cloudy Dropbox account.

Another outfit I've been working with for the last 26 years. Had tried the other week to set up a video conference call for an online jam which failed with hilarity due to time lagg..
So we settled for some brutal banter instead.

So today.. With the use of wireless equipment & some cunning social distancing.
We ripped up on a disused cow farm yard in the middle of nowhere for the afternoon..

Nice day for it too!

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone think i fogot basal yesterday have been high since yesterday lunch time will see how i get on today .have a good day everyone