1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all.....double figure start to the day 6.4 :hilarious::hilarious:

@Fairygodmother I would wait until you get the bill before asking for a mask.....you know what garages are like lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I did leave a couple of packets of chocolate biscuits on the front seat for their munchtime break

• Winner Winner x 5
  3. porl69

Haha, that ALWAYS works, especially when MOTs are involved :hilarious::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Fairygodmother

They’re a friendly lot at the garage, and one of the service mechanics has T2 so his were a few (?) of the slim style choc bics. The first car bought from them was way back in 1978, so I think a bulk-priced single mask isn’t a big ask! All four of us, me, himindoors, both daughters, bought hybrids from them, second hand, between 2016 and 2018 so maybe four masks? my car was the biggest car purchase I’ve ever made (gulp) and it needs to last until we all have to go electric.
    It’s also got a couple of great places to put the jelly babies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fairygodmother

OMG, the garage have really adapted to safe communications - I’ve just had an online video of bits of the car that need work now, and wear on tyres for 3 months’ time, with an online authorisation sheet. I’m impressed!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw this on the internet today.
    I now need to find my hacksaw and superglue :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Evening all!

I have concluded I was lacking in fresh air after yesterday's slumping combined with closing the windows as it was decidedly chilly and so I have just returned from a long walk in the rain. I hate walking in the rain, normally, but it cleared the cobwebs and the headache which had been niggling all day with no apparent cause then meant I had no qualms about shoving everything I'd been wearing in the machine, me in the bath, and then back onto the sofa.

Normality is slowly kind of sort of returning - simplified and well-distanced church services restart in my place on Sunday, no singing or after church refreshments, but I can go and play the organ at appropriate times and places.

We've done the last of the video calls with students for this year and can only hope for a more usual way of life, for them and us, in the new academic year, but I know there are plans in place for continuing current ways if we need to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Welcome @Nicola M

Oh I just love that @Antje77 It would be worth it to try to do it before my next in person endo appointment. She is always asking about me wearing my Dexcoms for so long as I keep restarting them..................I'd really love to be able to say I've started screwing them on!!!! I think I would use temporary glue though lol.............I wear each transmitter in a sensor 90 days. OOOh I wish I could do that on my dogs Libre for her next vet appointment, they had never seen a Libre until I put one on my dog, but she's got a Miao Miao on it now. Priceless joke!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not drilling holes in my arm so I think I'll stick with Tegaderm patches.

:p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. porl69

If thats the only way to keep them on I am going back to 8 - 10 finger pricks a day :hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, Just been out with a friend and her dog, good exercise for them, easy walk for me! That should mean that I do a lot more gardening today.....

Have a good one whatever you're doing.

• Like Like x 4
  13. karen8967

Morning everyone FB_IMG_1573807922853.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sun, sun, sun! After being awash for 10 days it puts me in a happy place. Have a good weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning, 3.7 waking as I slept thru the alarms but no harm done, currently eating my porridge before finishing lining the bathroom as I've a piece of paper to 'let in' behind the bog around the foul pipe, which puts the painting off till tomorrow :banghead:

Good old Yorkshire weather and the earlier sun's clouded over and the wind's picked up, hoping it doesn't rain as I've the lawns to mow later (a job I've neglected for 3 weeks) so it's all go :p

Have a good weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  16. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, pretty warm here, a bit later dog walking as it's Saturday but got back a little while ago and glad to come in to cool down. @kev-w hope the weather holds off for you, 3 weeks' worth of growth is a lot at this time of year. It'd take me two days to cut all mine if I left it for that long (including tea breaks of course!)

Hope you're all doing something (at least one thing, kev!) you enjoy this weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  17. karen8967

the jobs are never ending kev ,you finish one then on to the next:banghead:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Snorkeling on the schedule for me today. Hopefully not too much rain, we’re already going to be wet but it can be choppier.

I didn’t want to leave the water last Tuesday it was like a giant pool so calm, warm and clear. And some turtles! Having fun!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

OK? I get sent stems & write music with from bunch a guys sharing a cloudy Dropbox account.

Another outfit I've been working with for the last 26 years. Had tried the other week to set up a video conference call for an online jam which failed with hilarity due to time lagg..
    So we settled for some brutal banter instead.

So today.. With the use of wireless equipment & some cunning social distancing.
    We ripped up on a disused cow farm yard in the middle of nowhere for the afternoon..

Nice day for it too!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. karen8967

Good morning everyone think i fogot basal yesterday have been high since yesterday lunch time will see how i get on today .have a good day everyone

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook