What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These are difficult times with difficult decisions, I am 70 if very lucky may have 30 years, probably less. Virus is around for a long time, nothing is getting safer and I want to enjoy my life, spend time with family and friends, play music, do gigs, places to see and enjoy, live life. Don't get me wrong I respect the virus and wish to respect society but life needs to go on and so more and more risk assessing and living, what use a lot of years if I'm locked away, and yes I am terrified of getting the virus and being very ill or worse, what a mess.
I agree with you @Muddy Cyclist
I am a year older than you and my grandmother didn’t quite make her hundredth birthday. So, I intend to live, not hide, especially if I have a third of my life to come. I will be sensible and will respect others, but life needs to be lived the way I want and need to.

I am not going to be terrified of getting the virus, but there are situations which do concern me, and I will continue to wear mask and gloves.

lindisfel

Expert

lindisfel

Expert
It really takes the pressure off when one is over 80 and all your forebears died much younger! :) ;)

D.

I agree with you @Muddy Cyclist
I am a year older than you and my grandmother didn’t quite make her hundredth birthday. So, I intend to live, not hide, especially if I have a third of my life to come. I will be sensible and will respect others, but life needs to be lived the way I want and need to.

I am not going to be terrified of getting the virus, but there are situations which do concern me, and I will continue to wear mask and gloves.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a reserved and undecided start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of celeriac and some pulled pork that I found in the back of the freezer came in at 4.3 this am

Tyres - must check my tyres today. Bike going in for an MOT tomorrow at early in the morning o’clock. I can’t think why it would need a service, the furthest it has been since February is being ridden back into the garage each week or so after turning over the engine.
Interesting gallery of art to peruse this morning; the pale fluidity of @geefull, the detailed strength of the iron bridge by @Muddy Cyclist and the stirling efforts from @gennepher that reminded me of illustrations in a couple of books that I had in the 1950’s.
I have no idea where I was going with this one, no plan, just count the sticks; one long one, one short one, one medium one. Now count the leaves; one, two, sometimes three. Stop when there seems like nowhere left to go!

Have a fabulous day if you can, I can now have koffy.

upload_2020-7-13_6-0-31.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a reserved and undecided start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of celeriac and some pulled pork that I found in the back of the freezer came in at 4.3 this am

Tyres - must check my tyres today. Bike going in for an MOT tomorrow at early in the morning o’clock. I can’t think why it would need a service, the furthest it has been since February is being ridden back into the garage each week or so after turning over the engine.
Interesting gallery of art to peruse this morning; the pale fluidity of @geefull, the detailed strength of the iron bridge by @Muddy Cyclist and the stirling efforts from @gennepher that reminded me of illustrations in a couple of books that I had in the 1950’s.
I have no idea where I was going with this one, no plan, just count the sticks; one long one, one short one, one medium one. Now count the leaves; one, two, sometimes three. Stop when there seems like nowhere left to go!

View attachment 42632
Thank you.
Brilliant bamboo @dunelm
It looks like my bamboo forest at the end of my garden which needs a haircut and a thinning...
:)

You have a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Temp 36.1

A beautiful dawn full of a gorgeous day promise, but alas, we now have rain and grey cloud.

So, here is my painting in ZenBrush2 app for today. Done on my iPhone screen. I used one of the coloured papers in the app. It is an abstract painting. I had done a better one, well one I liked more, but when I pressed the list icon to save, I didn’t see that it was actually the rubbish bin turned sideways which apparently happens when I rotate the iPhone.

So, you get my second attempt...
C0549EAE-E0D1-4FB3-885E-77635757FD50.jpeg

Today I have promised myself to paint 100 butterflies in this app (and each one will be deleted the moment I have finished it), and tomorrow I will do one more butterfly painting.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.6 on waking rising to 5.4 after ablutions, weighing, dressing, feeding pups and making tea. OK but nothing special. Lots of angst around due to a journo questioning if a banana really does impact bg levels like a pile of sugar cubes. Reading the article it seems to me it is saying high carbs may not be good but it doesn't follow that none at all is healthy for all. More fat than has become the norm may not be as bad as thought but bacon and lard with double cream 4 times a day is not the answer either. Veggies, salad*, fibre and above all nutrition are mentioned. Nutrition not macros as important seems perfectly fine to me. Denigrating that article is very much the wrong hill to die on. Have a great day.
*tomatoes, cucumber and avocado are fruit so 3 of your 5 a day

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading the article it seems to me it is saying high carbs may not be good but it doesn't follow that none at all is healthy for all. More fat than has become the norm may not be as bad as thought but bacon and lard with double cream 4 times a day is not the answer either. Veggies, salad, fibre and above all nutrition are mentioned. Nutrition not macros as important seems perfectly fine to me. Denigrating that article is very much the wrong hill to die on Have a great day.
Basically a balanced diet but maybe not so balanced once you are Tyoe 2, who knows?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 42632
Thank you for the comments on the art of the forum, spot on.

Like the forest very much, such perspective and detail, excellent!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Temp 36.1

A beautiful dawn full of a gorgeous day promise, but alas, we now have rain and grey cloud.

So, here is my painting in ZenBrush2 app for today. Done on my iPhone screen. I used one of the coloured papers in the app. It is an abstract painting. I had done a better one, well one I liked more, but when I pressed the list icon to save, I didn’t see that it was actually the rubbish bin turned sideways which apparently happens when I rotate the iPhone.

So, you get my second attempt...
View attachment 42633

Today I have promised myself to paint 100 butterflies in this app (and each one will be deleted the moment I have finished it), and tomorrow I will do one more butterfly painting.
Today's art for some reason evoked fear. Reminded me of sections of those terrifying political posters we sometimes see around the world and I think the colours for me enhanced that emotion. Very strong powerful image,

Enjoy your butterflies, save at least one, the best, to show us later.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me, slept u til 7.30 am, unheard of.

Muddy Bike Ride then the day is mine again although rain forecast later.

Keep those wheels in motion, time does not stop, keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Basically a balanced diet but maybe not so balanced once you are Tyoe 2, who knows?
Real food with a bias towards fresh and minimally cooked/processed. If budget allows, organic/home grown, grass fed, line caught etc. If it flies, swims or roams free all good. Move about as much as you can with as much resistance work as possible. Actually, we knew that all our lives but it wasn't cheap enough to fit the Neoliberal low wage model - TBW. I know no more than the next dufus though - unless he's called Donald!

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's art for some reason evoked fear. Reminded me of sections of those terrifying political posters we sometimes see around the world and I think the colours for me enhanced that emotion. Very strong powerful image,

Enjoy your butterflies, save at least one, the best, to show us later.

This abstract arose from my frustration at not being able to do the delicate butterflies which I could very clearly see in my head.

I know what you mean about evoking fear, but I had no prior intention of that emotion. It was simply my frustration @Muddy Cyclist

It reminded me, when I’d finished it of German expressionism. The dark moodiness of some of it.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daughter about to arrive so a afternoon of chatter, music making, laughter and coffee, maybe some wine for me out of tonic water so no Gin and Tonnics, disaster!
Sounds like an idyllic afternoon MC...loving the art work...what? no tonic water no Gin disaster indeed!

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good old fashioned 5.8 this morning and all's well in the Shire :)

Had to sort out my computer anti-virus supplier who decided to increase my yearly fee x3, they made an immediate refund when I dragged them over the coals. Always check recurring payments ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops. Just picked up and drank the wrong coffee! Julie's with normal milk and full sugar caramel. Just checked bg and suddenly shot up to 6.8 - wow! More steps needed asap.