What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

A wonderful sunny day here. Daughter and family are visiting our garden for coffee later today, might sneak another bike ride in early morning the light is so tempting outside. Other than that I know not what paths time is taking.

Take whatever your day offers with good heart, deal with it gallantly. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's excellent. The resist worked well, sky,sea all very well painted.

I have just done about 40 minutes on the painting of the Canal bridge and it's getting away from the idea I had in my mind. At the moment I am liking the earlier stage as when I posted it on the forum.

Low fat anything, Yuk! Like you say always full of sugar or sweeteners which changes the taste.

I don't know how your painting is going to turn out @Muddy Cyclist
but I like the early stage you posted on the forum. It has anticipation about it.
It was the same with your packhorse bridge. I like the early stage very much when you posted that one.

It's a bit like me in the ZenBrush2 app. And all these beautiful fantastic practices I am doing, with dry brush achieving all kinds of twisty lines, and thickness and thinness effects etc. But when I come to do the actual picture that I'm going to use these stroke effects on, everything I achieved in the practice strokes just disappear somewhere. The 'doing' of the actual finished work in the app just doesn't do it :(

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Temp 36.1

I ran out of internet data last night trying to watch this free conference online. I'm okay for posting on here because I've still got my phone data, but there's not much else I can do online for a few days.

Anyway I told an internet friend of mine Saturday morning about this online conference saying I thought she might find it interesting if she wanted to watch it this weekend, but she sent me a message back since she was very busy this weekend going to go gardens that were open (she had already booked a place) so she shouldn't be able to look at it.

But when I woke up this morning, there was a message from her, she had brought a lifetime membership for this conference because she'd had a peek in and she thought it was good. She sent me the email address that she logged into it with and her password. She told me to see if I could log into it. I did and I could, so I now have her lifetime access to it as well. And the bonus is, she has requested transcripts for it and they said they are doing them, but they will be ready possibly sometime next week.

So, I'm a very happy hoppy skippy bunny this morning :)

Life is wonderful. Life is beautiful. Internet friends are amazing (including you lot)!

By the way I had a strange dream last night, and it's the first dream I've had that people were wearing masks. And I was wearing one as well....

I did not know that Covid-19 had reached the dream world....

Take care.

Do amazing stuff, or sit and do absolutely nothing at all. I am making a coffee and going into my front garden (hidden from passer bys) and do absolutely nothing at all as the morning sun creeps round the corner to say good morning to me...

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Been up a while so it was 5.8 an hour ago and I'm ready for an early walk under a blue sky, enjoy your day :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
13.7 for me think i forgot basal insulin yesterday as i i have been high since lunch yesterday after loads of corrections.have a good day everyone

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another brilliant creation, reminds me of a film, can't remember which, in Vietnam. You certainly have some talent with this Zen App.

Thanks for the bridge painting compliment.
Thanks, I was going for a watery sun effect and the word ‘apocalypse’ charged round the room, jumped into my left ear screaming “now”.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

we've been having a quiet day today after our busier couple of weeks. Amazing how tiring doing the stuff that was 'normal' feels after so long in lockdown ;)

It's raining on and off and fairly windy so not even a bit of gardening going on.

Yesterday I picked up some cottage cheese as a snack for lunch and only realised it was low fat which had been put on the wrong shelf when I got outside:sorry:

I did try it, but it was horrible just as it is :sorry: so today I tried using it in a sort of fruity Yorkshire curd tart for mr gee and his mum, I'm not convinced it's going to be edible though :hilarious:

I think part of the problem is that to try to get it to taste reasonable they put a lot of salt in it (in addition to the extra sugar they almost always put in low fat stuff).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like the bamboo, helicopter and all :D

@gennepher - glad you managed some rest and once again you've produced a dynamic, flowing composition with your bamboo :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting beginning and I look forward to seeing the progressed version :)

today's arty bit -
I agree with you @gennepher the resist stuff is not easy to use and dries very fast, mine is quite an old bottle and I suspect that if I use much of an area it will damage the paper surface :( I may order some newer shortly, if I'd thought I could have bought some yesterday.

next experiment with the resist -
View attachment 42614
Low fat cottage cheese - alarm, alarm, alarm - never mind, hope everyone recovers quickly from such a ghastly experience - yuk/
Like the painting, A hint of land across an estuary perhaps. Like what you did with the sea.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 at 4am. 5.2 at 6.30am. 6.2 at 1 hour after breakfast so all looks good - pancreas behaving itself.

Must finish coffee and start getting ready. We are off to Sheringham Park shortly. Then are being brave (or foolhardy) and are having Sunday lunch in the garden of The Dales Country House Hotel - which is next to Sheringham Park.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a morning in the azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of cooking free salad days came romping home at 4.4 at 0530 this am. I have the body of an 18 year old. I keep it in the fridge. (Thank you Mr Milligan).

A wonderful quiet and relaxed day at the little house on the prairie yesterday, we will be returning home later today. A pleasant was of breaking the lockdown blues that were beginning to creep in after four months confined to barracks. The bit of world that we traveled through yesterday has hardly changed - different grass, alternative leaf arrangements on trees. Just wondering why folk are pretending to be Zorro, The Lone Ranger or an extra in Holby City.

Hope the sun shines for you today, glad to read that you are more uplifted @gennepher - I would say koffy - but there is none to be had - boo hoo!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It is Sunny here, Munny tomorow. This morning went thus: wake up 2 hrs later than normal 4.4, check with phone 4.6, relieve Mafeking &c, dress, 5.1, wander downstairs, see to pups, make tea 5.2.:angelic: Pick one of those I'm ok with all of them. Morning worship readings had psalm 65 - verse 10 :) - I love the smell of rain drying on the furrows this time of year. especially on King Edward's for Christmas dinner roasting or beautifully white tiny new 2nd earlys (golf ball sized) before the skin sets. @Alien Aspie hope the walk was good; @karen8967 hug for the bad experiences from forgetting; @Muddy Cyclist and @Krystyna23040 your days sound delightful; @dunelm hope you didn't forget to say good night to John Boy; @gennepher so kind of your friend and so glad things seem to be on the up.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.40am FBG 6.1

Still so much that needs doing. Too much that I can't do making the place look neglected. I really dslike that.
MrSlim has been busy shopping That's exciting for me because he is buying stuff to bring home. Now it's only weeks!! Sounds so much better.
No definite date yet though.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.40am FBG 6.1

Still so much that needs doing. Too much that I can't do making the place look neglected. I really dslike that.
MrSlim has been busy shopping That's exciting for me because he is buying stuff to bring home. Now it's only weeks!! Sounds so much better.
No definite date yet though.
Lizzy, there will be grass to cut, weeds to hoe, tidying and dusting to be done long after you are gone. Relax and enjoy the beauty of the French countryside and the thoughts of that reunion. There may even be some wine lying about just aching to be liberated from those constricting bottles - wine lockdown is actually "a thing"

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I read that one in five adults are functionally innumerate and one in six functionally illiterate. At least 2 in 3 at the head of our govt appear to be functionally amoral which won't help the situation.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Lizzy, there will be grass to cut, weeds to hoe, tidying and dusting to be done long after you are gone. Relax and enjoy the beauty of the French countryside and the thoughts of that reunion. There may even be some wine lying about just aching to be liberated from those constricting bottles - wine lockdown is actually "a thing"
Too right @ianpspurs but I wanted the place looking nice for MrSlim when he gets back.
As for the wine, low carb diet has had significant impact on my alcohol tolerance ( does anyone know why this happens?) So two glasses are enough and three definitely too many now.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. It is Sunny here, Munny tomorow. This morning went thus: wake up 2 hrs later than normal 4.4, check with phone 4.6, relieve Mafeking &c, dress, 5.1, wander downstairs, see to pups, make tea 5.2.:angelic: Pick one of those I'm ok with all of them. Morning worship readings had psalm 65 - verse 10 :) - I love the smell of rain drying on the furrows this time of year. especially on King Edward's for Christmas dinner roasting or beautifully white tiny new 2nd earlys (golf ball sized) before the skin sets. @Alien Aspie hope the walk was good; @karen8967 hug for the bad experiences from forgetting; @Muddy Cyclist and @Krystyna23040 your days sound delightful; @dunelm hope you didn't forget to say good night to John Boy; @gennepher so kind of your friend and so glad things seem to be on the up.
coming down now ian so all good :)