What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Temp 36.1

A beautiful dawn full of a gorgeous day promise, but alas, we now have rain and grey cloud.

So, here is my painting in ZenBrush2 app for today. Done on my iPhone screen. I used one of the coloured papers in the app. It is an abstract painting. I had done a better one, well one I liked more, but when I pressed the list icon to save, I didn’t see that it was actually the rubbish bin turned sideways which apparently happens when I rotate the iPhone.

So, you get my second attempt...
View attachment 42633

Today I have promised myself to paint 100 butterflies in this app (and each one will be deleted the moment I have finished it), and tomorrow I will do one more butterfly painting.

Nice - looks like fiery enamel on a pot

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.6 on waking rising to 5.4 after ablutions, weighing, dressing, feeding pups and making tea. OK but nothing special. Lots of angst around due to a journo questioning if a banana really does impact bg levels like a pile of sugar cubes. Reading the article it seems to me it is saying high carbs may not be good but it doesn't follow that none at all is healthy for all. More fat than has become the norm may not be as bad as thought but bacon and lard with double cream 4 times a day is not the answer either. Veggies, salad*, fibre and above all nutrition are mentioned. Nutrition not macros as important seems perfectly fine to me. Denigrating that article is very much the wrong hill to die on. Have a great day.
*tomatoes, cucumber and avocado are fruit so 3 of your 5 a day

If it works for you - balanced. Never sure about bananas - maybe cover them with inulin. Avocado - nice load of fat there. I always leave the skin on my chicken.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Going to switch to orchid practice - well that’s the thought at present but then I have been cleaning the oven and probably high as a kite.
Waiting for a decision on mandatory mask wearing for oven cleaning in the Dark and Dangerous North? (Are you devolved yet? - hard to keep up)

lindisfel

Expert
A relatively short run from where I live
Many thanks Gennepher, I will give it a try.
Atb
D.
IMG_20200601_102111842_BURST001_compress84.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys,
Please, do you guys use a hosting site to post your pictures? I can't seem to do it directly?
Atb
D.
I just copy then press my finger onto the ipad screen and select paste. I do have to reduce the image size first though, using an app called “image size”.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Waiting for a decision on mandatory mask wearing for oven cleaning in the Dark and Dangerous North? (Are you devolved yet? - hard to keep up)
Mask wearing is only by appointment and we don’t do those sort of fancy southern things. Not devolved yet but we have all joined forces (Cumberland, North Yorkshire and Northumberland) to build a giant mobile saw in case that crazed Jimmy Cranky in Sturgeonborough get’s her way.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.40. Overslept. FBG 6.1.
Had to get up in the night. That has become unusual so must be doing something right.
MrSlim says "Not long now" whatever that means.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's effort is continuing along the theme of Canal bridges, this is a bridge over the Trent Mersey Canal at Great Haywood. A3 in Acrylics mainly done with old credit cards and a palate knife,about 1 hour.

IMG_3481.JPG

Reactions: karen8967