1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love this @Muddy Cyclist
    This works very well in acrylics and old credit cards and palette knife. I like this very much. The tree trunks are effective, and also the vegetation, and bridge.

I think this medium and tools suit your style of painting.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. I started life as an oil painter and moved to watercolour when I started Plein Air painting, easier outside. I enjoy Acrylics as they are so much easier to handle than oils. I shall stick with my watercolours as I have just spent £35 on three tubes of watercolour paint I use French Artist Colour tubes l'aquarelle sennelier are the manufacturers, they use honey to enrich the pigment. Cheaper than Windsor and Newton and much better paint pigment wise.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow...very impressed,

All that with credit card & a palette knife

1 HOUR....whoa

Bravo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good evening all :)

4.4 today

it's been lovely mild day here today (when it wasn't showery ;)), a quietish day doing small jobs around the house after all the rattling about last week.

Tomorrow, by request, we're taking mum to visit her bank in a neighbouring town so we may try for a takeaway (who would have thought getting a takeaway would feel like an adventure :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - very strong bamboo painting, can almost hear the wind whispering through the leaves :)

@gennepher - your artwork today speaks, it's very strong and structured and with a vivid palette :)

@lindisfel - lovely view near where you live :) and I enjoy your colourful kingfisher, not a bird we get much here in the Highlands though I have seen one occasionally in other places.

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting to see the change usiing acrylic, deeper and perhaps richer but less transparent, still love the foreground fireworks :joyful:.
    I haven't tried acrylics except for one go with some dried up ones someone gave me and I'm still learning watercolour basics, so I feel I can try more colours if I get pans but I'll probably move to tubes when I've got a better idea of my own palette, it makes sense.
    I hear good things about Sennelier ;)

My grandfather used to paint in oils, he died when I was a child but I remember the smell so very well.

Arty bit -

perhaps the last resist trial for now, I may try it again in the future and may also try @gennepher 's idea with either white gouache or correction pens or something similar. It's fun to try different things sometimes.

upload_2020-7-13_19-16-1.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Muddy Cyclist

I like your painting today, so much detail, Cow Parsley so well illustrated and the detail in your wall, brilliant.
    Thankyou for your kind comments re my painting. I had a relative, brother of my grandad who made a living painting in oils English Scenes he lived in Newzeland. I do like oils and the smell but I seem to get in such a mess with them these days.
    My moms uncle Bill with his art in New Zealand.

IMG_3483.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gennepher

No watercolour tubes are cheap @Muddy Cyclist . I have a few basic colours of the l'aquarelle sennelier, and I agree the pigment is better.

Windsor and Newton can be a bit grainy at times. I don't like them.

• Informative Informative x 6
  7. gennepher

Thank you @geefull for the compliment on my painting.

A beautiful painting. You have an incredible eye for getting the detail. And I love the stone wall, and the fence coming out of the cow parsley.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gennepher

Wow @Muddy Cyclist . An incredible selection of paintings from your mum's uncle Bill in New Zealand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

A good place for wildlife. It is not manicured.
    An excellent picture Muddy one is taken into the place. I can even hear the cacophony of birds in spring.
    Derek

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  11. gennepher

Fbg 6.3
    Temp 35.7

Another dull cloudy morning.
    So tidying and sorting my art stuff day.

Have a good day

Take care

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and 6.4 today.

Dull but dry in this neck of the woods. A quick Muddy Bike ride before the piano tuner arrives to tinker with keys, nuts, bolts, hammers and such on the piano, must dust behind it before he arrives. Other than that time is my own.

Try to make your day count, keep safe and I hope well.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Muddy Cyclist

Sleepless and restless night, nightmare fuelled so doodled about in my studio. All these Zen pictures got me into Japanese/Chinese Art mode. This is not today's painting just a quick mess about with watercolour paint, just for fun and not completely original stole bits from internet images. Must have ago using my own imagination now I have tried it out, I know some trees on Cannock Chase that may loan themselves to the style.

IMG_3485.JPG

Edit PS. Mrs MC does have many Bonsai Trees, now there's a thought.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.1 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone from an up and at em morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel wheel of some Korean style gochujang chicken stew came in at 5.5 this am

Off to take bike in for MOT, have a wonderful day, Bin day tomorrow. Just time for a quick koffy.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    #28315 dunelm, Jul 14, 2020 at 7:06 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  16. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.1 this morning. Blood sugars were mostly in the 4s and 5s yesterday. If this carries on.my next HbA1c will be really good.

It is dog walk.first then off to the farm to get milk.and eggs.

This morning ordered another pack of masks just in case prices rise because of the new rules about wearing masks in shops.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  17. gennepher

Hey @Muddy Cyclist I absolutely love this!!!

It was a very pleasant surprise to see this from you this morning.
    Cathy Wu my Chinese teacher said copy, copy, copy all the old masters in Chinese painting, and that is how you learn. Use internet images as much as you need/want to.

It sounds as though you are going to use your own imagination from this inspiration now. I am looking forward to more!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. gennepher

Okay, I have done lots of butterflies like I said I would. Sorry @Muddy Cyclist I deleted them all, Although there were some interesting effects working on butterflies, and one even looked like a woodcut!

I have had enough of butterflies. Cathy Wu my Chinese teacher insisted that Chinese painting does not do butterflies when I asked her to show me how to do one in the 90's

Anyway this one is done this morning after a night's sleep, apart from the cat periodically standing on my chest patting my face with his paw...to check I was still alive?

6692680C-EDA1-4C61-ADD9-C7271A9256DB.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow we're getting spoilt here another amazing piece of art work it's beautiful

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Beautiful gennepher did you really paint this or was it Popeye;););)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook