What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this glorious Bin Day :)

Struggling a bit in the heat but at least I don't have to go to work, I think another rain dance is in order today. I think I'll empty the fridge and go sit in it ;)

Enjoy the day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the gloom and mist coated bin day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of BBQ came in a 5.2 this am.
I don’t like the raw yet charcoal offerings so prepared my meats beforehand; sausages lightly poached in some stock, burgers sous vide at 58 degrees for an hour and chicken breasts marinated, wrapped in tin foil with a bit of liquid and in the oven at 70 degrees for an hour. Finish off on the BBQ - works a treat. We were due to have some skewered veg sticks but daughter left them in the fridge at home. Never mind, lots of salads to be had.

Fans - we bought a little aircon jobby - about 40 quid - fill the tank with water and plug it in (comes with a usb lead) - really good for downstairs but far too noisy for a good nights kip. So, fans blowing air over plastic bottles full of ice in the bedrooms. My mother has one of those fancy nebulizer fans but it does get very hot where she lives in France - this sort of thing - https://www.ikohs.com/uk/buy-ikohs/63902-tropwind-cool-oscillating-nebulizer-ultrasilent-fan.html?

@geeful - those ‘white knights’ and the resist worked well and some great veins in this rendition of John Blockley - the craggy background is great.

Hope that everyone is having the best day that they can - soon be chucking it down with rain I have been told. Koffy.

upload_2020-8-12_7-33-21.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I may not need the heated coat today. In other news my fbg was 4.8 - meh but I ate red meat yesterday so I'm claiming a win for my body against the foe. We are in charge of our 1 year old granddaughter today:):), Ocado will struggle selfdefinedfully to us, a new builder is coming to size up phase 2 (suck his teeth, curse the last cowboy, add on a few £Ks) and No 6 grandchild is being scanned somewhere called Southampton. Quiet day in The Brecks. @geefull , kettle for making almond milk could probably be a soup dragon but LC/Keto has killed any chance of me eating soup any time soon along with bacon and much else - it was definitely bought as an almond milk maker (what kind of ?whit buys a soup kettle?) . Baby is here, have a great day I'm in Moana and Inside out mode.:woot::woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I may not need the heated coat today. In other news my fbg was 4.8 - meh but I ate red meat yesterday so I'm claiming a win for my body against the foe. We are in charge of our 1 year old granddaughter today:):), Ocado will struggle selfdefinedfully to us, a new builder is coming to size up phase 2 (sucK his teeth, curse the last cowboy, add on a few k£) and No 6 grandchild is being scanned somewhere called Southampton. Quiet day in The Brecks. Baby is here, have a great day.
If you put the batteries in opposite poles to the way they should be, doesn't it cool? :joyful:

Enjoy your privileged day with your granddaughter they are so special.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the gloom and mist coated bin day in the dark and dangerous north

I don’t like the raw yet charcoal offerings so prepared my meats beforehand; sausages lightly poached in some stock, burgers sous vide at 58 degrees for an hour and chicken breasts marinated, wrapped in tin foil with a bit of liquid and in the oven at 70 degrees for an hour. Finish off on the BBQ - works a treat. We were due to have some skewered veg sticks but daughter left them in the fridge at home. Never mind, lots of salads to be had.

Fans - we bought a little aircon jobby - about 40 quid - fill the tank with water and plug it in (comes with a usb lead) - really good for downstairs but far too noisy for a good nights kip. So, fans blowing air over plastic bottles full of ice in the bedrooms. My mother has one of those fancy nebulizer fans but it does get very hot where she lives in France - this sort of thing - https://www.ikohs.com/uk/buy-ikohs/63902-tropwind-cool-oscillating-nebulizer-ultrasilent-fan.html?

@geeful - those ‘white knights’ and the resist worked well and some great veins in this rendition of John Blockley - the craggy background is great.

Hope that everyone is having the best day that they can - soon be chucking it down with rain I have been told. Koffy.

View attachment 43272
Nice art. Like all that movement and delicate feeling of the foreground grass which gives so much depth to the drawing.

Sound like BBQ worked well even without veg. Know what you mean about raw/Charcoal offerings. Now the show off bit...my son and I pride ourselves on BBQ cooking, never a burnt morsel, no smelly fire lighters, lessons given by appointment.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My digital painting today in Procreate.

You want an explanation...there ain't one...I think I need sleep. Going into that blazing sun in the garden now. It is 4C cooler out there than it is in my bungalow...so far...and you might find me bidding on eBay later from under the shade of the willow tree...

C67E5B2C-CC02-4ACA-BC37-85D45CB6EAFB.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@geefull - those ‘white knights’ and the resist worked well and some great veins in this rendition of John Blockley - the craggy background is great.

View attachment 43272

I like the look of your mother's fan...in fact envious...probably envious of anything cool at the moment...

Great painting @dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a sweltering night no sign of rain here yet where is it?...my sweet little adorable kittens have now become fully fledged adolescents & stayed out all night...a quick look in for some breakfast then out again...now home & shattered time for some sleep...lots & lots of paperwork to do must get invoices submitted...new connecting gate today to replace the one 'Plumpy'' ate his way through...more coffee needed...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everybody.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have children or grandchildren expectantly awaiting A Level results tomorrow looks like Hodit and the fireplace salesman have royally messed that up. Sunak also thinks UK is basically full of bladder release* artists - Now we know why they put pubs before schools :banghead:
“Social activities… comprise a much larger share of our economy.” Chancellor Rishi Sunak tells Sky News why the UK has been hit harder than other G7 economies by the #coronavirus pandemic.
*talking of which, letter informed me the sample I provided last week was benign again - so they leave me alone for 6 months:):):)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
My digital painting today in Procreate.

You want an explanation...there ain't one...I think I need sleep. Going into that blazing sun in the garden now. It is 4C cooler out there than it is in my bungalow...so far...and you might find me bidding on eBay later from under the shade of the willow tree...

View attachment 43273
Perhaps subconsciously inspired by Beirut?
D.

lindisfel

Expert
We were in Lidl by 0800 this am doing our weekly shopping.
But temp near to 20C by 0800, will peak at 27 today!
Which is outside my designed range of operation of 20 deg C + or - 2 degrees!

I am really sorry for you guys down south in your heat wave.
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are now shielding from the big yellow fusion reactor nearby, just remember 93 million miles is nearby in interstellar distancing.
An interesting 6.8 this morning.

My pals chaos and mayhem have been missing for some time, they are up to something. I wonder if they will let me join in, I do hope so.
Well fellow posters and painters, my body system is in shock Mrs J has cut my hair and trimmed my beard, so I have gone from being a long haired bearded old man on a motorcycle to looking like a thug on a motorcycle.
I hope you all manage to stay " cool ", hydrated and safe, it now appears B & Q, McDonalds and pubs are dens of covid if you read the media. Best avoid the media.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is 29C here.
I have come back indoors with cat.
Cat is disgusted because I have wrapped him in a wet towel...
He is a wee bit vocal...
I am on my 4th change of clothes today...
The butterflies think this heat is amazing and are flocking to my garden...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
'Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun' SIL and I did our bit to hold up what is expected of us British. Three and a half hours 35 miles through tropical Cannock Chase, my all singing all dancing cycling watch said it's only 71% humidity and 29 degrees. So am I any lighter, not a bit of it, 1lb heavier than when I started.:banghead:

@ianpspurs Good news on the sample front.

@gennepher best sort of art, just let it happen and in this case to great effect.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are now shielding from the big yellow fusion reactor nearby, just remember 93 million miles is nearby in interstellar distancing.
An interesting 6.8 this morning.

My pals chaos and mayhem have been missing for some time, they are up to something. I wonder if they will let me join in, I do hope so.
Well fellow posters and painters, my body system is in shock Mrs J has cut my hair and trimmed my beard, so I have gone from being a long haired bearded old man on a motorcycle to looking like a thug on a motorcycle.
I hope you all manage to stay " cool ", hydrated and safe, it now appears B & Q, McDonalds and pubs are dens of covid if you read the media. Best avoid the media.
Hi Alf,
Only found out last week but we are apparently very fortunate. Our yellow dwarf is one of the most stable in our galaxy, the vast majority are highly unstable and would not be helpful to life as we know it.

D.