What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00am FBG 6.4
Really need to get a grip, stop evening snacking.
Cooler today but MrSlim is looking exhausted after two full days working in the intense heat. 39.5c!!!
He hired an electrician to help out. The man didnt quite finish the job, which was a bit annoying, esp as he arrived significantly late both days, saying we are impossible to find by sat nav.
Then this morning MrSlim gets a message saying some of the wiring he put in is non compliant to French rules.
So now MrSlim is ripping out cabling he paid this man to put in yesterday. Grrr.
The wiring needs to be finished, along with some other tasks, by monday, when Handy Andy will be returning.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
If you have children or grandchildren expectantly awaiting A Level results tomorrow looks like Hodit and the fireplace salesman have royally messed that up. Sunak also thinks UK is basically full of bladder release* artists - Now we know why they put pubs before schools :banghead:
“Social activities… comprise a much larger share of our economy.” Chancellor Rishi Sunak tells Sky News why the UK has been hit harder than other G7 economies by the #coronavirus pandemic.
*talking of which, letter informed me the sample I provided last week was benign again - so they leave me alone for 6 months:):):)

Can't think why they don't care if we never produce anything anymore!?
Perhaps they all like keeping their hands clean?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually like a good pun and am always up for poking fun at the current shower failing to run the show but what clownshoe grates Stilton? Makes a mockery of the article and redeems the ridiculous woman.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We were in Lidl by 0800 this am doing our weekly shopping.
But temp near to 20C by 0800, will peak at 27 today!
Which is outside my designed range of operation of 20 deg C + or - 2 degrees!

I am really sorry for you guys down south in your heat wave.
D.
Currently 33+ here. A tad warm but at least I don't need layer after layer of clothes, socks:banghead:, heating, windows and doors closed or Julie wanting cooked food.:bigtears: Best of all, I can sleep with no clothes or covers :woot::woot:- my sleep scores are so much better with the "mild" weather lately. I am really sorry for those who don't like the heat but >80%+ of the year's weather here is wholly sub-optimal for me and drives my issues with LCHF. Salad is good - it's the cooked food:bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Pleased you can sleep Ian.
What with a long history from prostate cancer and a Conn's adrenal adenoma that produces 20x the normal amount of aldosterone, I am up and down to pee all night! :)
So I get to listen to the world service more than most, but the problem is when an interesting science programme comes on I go to sleep!

Currently 33+ here. A tad warm but at least I don't need layer after layer of clothes, socks:banghead:, heating, windows and doors closed or Julie wanting cooked food.:bigtears: Best of all, I can sleep with no clothes or covers :woot::woot:- my sleep scores are so much better with the "mild" weather lately. I am really sorry for those who don't like the heat but >80%+ of the year's weather here is wholly sub-optimal for me and drives my issues with LCHF. Salad is good - it's the cooked food:bigtears::bigtears:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau I will be out in the storm, t-shirt and shorts :)

View attachment 43282
I have just been out in it...wasn't given a choice. I was putting the wheelie and recycle out on a hot sunny day, but before I could turn around, I was in the middle of torrential rain. At least I won't have to wash this set of clothes, nor go to the car wash 'cos it is sparkling clean now...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks you all for the comments on my good news today. 2 weeks ago, my Drs wrongly informed me pre test sample had infection/blood. A tad worrying until last Wednesday morning Dr phoned and said, oops we got it wrong your are fine to go to hospital and have full test.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4EF8FC92-022B-4CE9-84F1-86C2AC379203.png

ED1DDEEA-6CDF-4FDE-8A2A-226DB14BAB84.png
@HarryBeau I will be out in the storm, t-shirt and shorts :)

View attachment 43282

It has changed to amber warnings...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another update saying amber warning until midnight

DAE2D0C8-FAF8-4398-BDB8-42FFC05CA8EB.jpeg

I have had to disconnect, to take my speech processor off, this constant thunder and lightning is causing the magnet in my head grief.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg of 3.6 this morning to low felt groggy but still went for a walk this afternoon temperature about 31 degrees C too hot was not sure of getting home with out assistance but thanks to the multiple numbers of benches in the park managed about four kilometres may not sound a lot but for me a minor miracle.

There seems to be wickan Wreaths appearing all over the park of late.

Wickan wreath2.jpg

But this was a nice shady path.

cool path2.jpg

So despite the heat exhaustion enjoyed the walk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After mornings ride the afternoon was spent at the local wildlife centre this time with my youngest granddaughter, magical.

So rushed to do some more on my watercolur, the yellow wash background now's got some detail forming. This is the roots of a local Beech tree combined with a forest photograph I liked on the internet. Most unlike me to resort to others images but first time for everything and it's a good photo whoever took it...
A4 watercolour will finish Thursday...
IMG_3648.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After mornings ride the afternoon was spent at the local wildlife centre this time with my youngest granddaughter, magical.

So rushed to do some more on my watercolur, the yellow wash background now's got some detail forming. This is the roots of a local Beech tree combined with a forest photograph I liked on the internet. Most unlike me to resort to others images but first time for everything and it's a good photo whoever took it...
A4 watercolour will finish Thursday...
View attachment 43285

It is working well @Muddy Cyclist
And i like it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.7
Temp 35.9

The lightning was horrendous last night. It went on and on and on.

Huge pure white sheets that lit up the garden whiter than day. It was scary. Lightning doesn't normally startle me. I normally love lightning (and go outside to watch it), but the prolonged intensity of this was beginning to scare me. It was upsetting Popeye. Impossible to sleep. And so I had to put my silk rice eyebag on my eyes so the contours completely sealed out the lightning.

Still hot indoors, cooler outdoors by 6C, so 19C outdoors.
Already got doors and windows open to invite the cooler air in.

Just been watching the Perseid shooting stars. Still plenty of shooting stars. Night sky is clear at the moment.

I can see hot relentless sun is promised all day...

Take care.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

Big dramatic storms again last night.

Tesco forage for me at 7pm then a visit to check and clear more of MILs bungalow.

Accept what the day offers you with a bold spirit. Keep safe.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who hope for lower temperatures today.

A 6.5 on the meter of mystery and misbehaving this morning.

Well today fellow posters and painters I am going to guess the media will be full of A level results or not and how our elected leaders making it all seem a huge derailment. They, the media are the masters of hindsight, in my opinion. Which incidentally counts for nothing.

These last few months appear to taught us that we as a nation had lost sight of core necessities of life, so perhaps in the far distant future this period of time will be viewed as beneficial. It is a tragedy so many people had to die.
Rather a sobering post from me, I make no apologies.

Well today I could possibly to taken to supermarket car park where I can walk around the far end while Mrs J does whatever ladies do in supermarkets with trolleys.
Whatever your plan for today is, look for the silver lining and nick it.
Now I must go and make the elixir of the morning, yes koffy.

Reactions: karen8967