What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya - may I ask what your blood sugars shot up to with the cocktail - Oh I do miss a strawberry daiquiri with crushed ice, especially in this warm weather - I am thinking what could be an alternative for this - mmm SF strawberry jelly and cream - not quite the same but it will have to do - I could of course have strawberry daiquiris again - in my dreams!

No problem, I love to share info if it helps others.

I am having issues with this sensor. Its leaving gaps and reading way too high yesterday and today for absolutely no reason. My finger prick confirms it needs to be binned but this i feel was probably correct! I only ever drink prosecco or pinot grigio when the Sun is out and a glass or 2 of red wine with my dinner. Neither put up my bs. But I don't drink much in one go. That said. The last night of my holiday I obviously threw caution to the wind!

Check this link out, its great

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/alcohol

Ps look how quickly it came down! Thats pure sugar for you. What WAS I thinking!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-125135_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-125135_LibreLink.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 219

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I am having issues with this sensor. Its leaving gaps and reading way too high yesterday and today for absolutely no reason. My finger prick confirms it needs to be binned but this i feel was probably correct! I only ever drink prosecco or pinot grigio when the Sun is out and a glass or 2 of red wine with my dinner. Neither put up my bs. But I don't drink much in one go. That said. The last night of my holiday I obviously threw caution to the wind!

Ps look how quickly it came down! Thats pure sugar for you. What WAS I thinking!

Wow! But brilliant recovery!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

You are only human and like you I was very curious to find out what effect it had - many thanks for sharing - much appreciated

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Mrs T 123 -- You could try making your strawberry daiquiri, just replace the sugar in it. Strawberries, lime juice and rum are quite low carb and aren't really too bad for low-carbers.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.6 today.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 at 0700 wish I could join you in the 5s @DJC3 !

We seem to be like 2 ends of a see saw at the moment. More than likely you’ll be in the 5s tomorrow and I’ll be back up in the 6s.
Is it still fish finger Thursday at your house?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You are only human and like you I was very curious to find out what effect it had - many thanks for sharing - much appreciated
No problem. My 1st cocktail in 30 months. I lasted well and proud of that tbh. I am human. We all are and we are making the best of our situation and doing a good job i feel. With the help and support from each other.

Reactions: DJC3