What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see there are moves to change the law soon, if someone takes offence at what someone says, it may become an offence.

I shouldn't worry, this forum already exercises that rule so we should be used to it :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this morning at 5 AM fbg was 3.6 at 7 AM 3.9 had some porridge for breakfast BG shot up to 6.8 that was ok got rid of the nasty head ache I woke up with but just tested and BG now at 3.7 do not know what is going on.

We have been promised thunder and lightning for several days now but so far no sign of it except for one puny flash far off in the distance.

Yesterday sat on a bench in the park reminded me of a past visit there a couple of years back the bench in the photo is the bench from yesterdays trek Looked a bit different yesterday though.

View attachment 43300

A beautiful photo @JohnEGreen

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
My God offenders will be queuing out the door at the law courts. Imagine all the different utterances that can cause offence.
Hi John,
It is such a difficult parameter to measure.
How does one measure something so subjective as offence? It may be the one causing offence did it without any intention at all. The offended may be of a snowflake disposition?
Perhaps we should all learn to forgive each other more since we all unintentionally fail in some way every day!
I think the country is going in the wrong direction.
We cannot be constantly wringing our hands for the wrongs of our ancestors 200+ years ago.
regards
D.

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no idea what that means so can't rate it. Guess it must be funny - can someone explain please?

You wouldn't like it, it's a film ;)
The first film was great but everything after that was pants. The tv series was just awful and I was so angry with the actor that I went out with his girlfriend just to tick him off.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Could you manage 1 min 22secs. There are no subtitles for me so I don’t know what it is telling you, and I believe The Queen sing a bit on it...

Since you have been so kind I will lie back and think of England.:angelic: I also only like very early Queen (1 and ii):banghead:

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
I am relative new to all this, just over a year from diagnosis and others will probably give much better advise. However I have discovered unless I keep my daily carb intake below 30 grm my BG rises and I can only tolerate 20 grm in a meal or the same happens, maybe you need to experiment with even less carbs.

Seem like you are on the case though which is good.
Thanks, I have managed five years on from diagnosis, lost 7 stone 1or 2 more would be nice, but I’ve tried lower carbs but it upsets my other conditions so after several attempts I’m happy with what I do now, I think I’m going to put it down to stress, heat and thunderstorms!

lindisfel

Expert
An herald of climate change in the Northlands!
IMG_20200813_171137401_HDR_crop_55.jpg