What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.5 this morning. Flu jab Wednesday took a small chunk out of arm accidentally banged it on a door handle Thursday now bloods up slightly but not a lot though was in the sevens at bed time last night.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Flu jab Wednesday took a small chunk out of arm accidentally banged it on a door handle Thursday now bloods up slightly but not a lot though was in the sevens at bed time last night.

Hope you arm recovers soon.

I had a flu jab for the first time ever on Wednesday, I've always refused previously, surprisingly my bloods didn't seem to rise but my arms have been really painful. Had Pneumonia jab as well so both arms affected.

We went out shopping the day after and a guy in one shop was testing with a temperature gun, I said that I had just had a flu jab the day before so wasn't sure whether my temp might be elevated. Apparently it was lower than normal as was my hubby's.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you arm recovers soon.

I had a flu jab for the first time ever on Wednesday, I've always refused previously, surprisingly my bloods didn't seem to rise but my arms have been really painful. Had Pneumonia jab as well so both arms affected.

We went out shopping the day after and a guy in one shop was testing with a temperature gun, I said that I had just had a flu jab the day before so wasn't sure whether my temp might be elevated. Apparently it was lower than normal as was my hubby's.
Have the doctors surgery started doing the flu jags already?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had mine done by the pharmacist he has had the flu vaccine in for a week but it took him a week to work out logistics of covid 19 safety and the regulations and guide lines that came with it, the pharmacy is next door to my GP's surgery the doctors are not at the moment doing face to face appointments consultations are by phone. It might be worth asking your local pharmacy.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Few days in hiding. Wednesday 6.1 , Thursday, 5.8, today 5.2.
I blame the pesky insect that snuck up and stung my face, making me look like a greedy hamster.
Have been recommended a bread poltice. Snag, we don’t keep bread in this house.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 Thursday
6.2 Friday

Having a bit of a break from my screen due to dry eye. I could light up a room with my right one! Too much time on twitter ;-)

Happy Saturday to all.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 5.3 today
I hadn’t realised it was flu jab time already either. Thanks for the tip about the pharmacy @JohnEGreen . As an NHS worker I always had one at work OHD organised them for everyone, now I have to remember myself.
@Pipp hugs for the swollen painful face. What a horrible place to have been bitten - there does seem to have been a plague of nasty biting insects this year, especially horseflies.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@Pipp -- Hugs for the swollen face, hope you caught this nasty insect and have taken some revenge. By the way, in Germany we often use chamomile tea bags (rather than a bread poultice) to deal with slight infections. I once had to run around with one on an infected eye (yes, GP prescribed rather than an antibiotic), it worked but I really can't stand the smell of chamomile since.
@JohnEGreen -- Hope your arm gets better soon -- this does sound very unpleasant to say the least.
@Debandez -- Hugs for the dry eye.

Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 for me today.
@DJC3 great fbg. @Pipp hug for the bite, little blighters. Our hedgecutter disturbed a hornets nest last week and got two stings, one up his shorts! I offered antihistamine ointment for self application and a strong coffee.
@Debandez hope the sore eye gets better soon.
@JohnEGreen hug for the result of the bump with the door and hope it is getting better.
Happy weekend.