What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

thank you for your kind thoughts for mr gee and I :)

a couple of repeat blood tests at the local health centre for mr gee yesterday, and he's got to go and see his own doctor next week.

shopping day today so that took most of the day by the time we'd bought things, sorted them, wiped them down and then delivered mum's share of the haul to her.
Also it was smelly green bin day (general rubbish ;))

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like your reflection artwork today, very effective :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two pleasing and promising watercolour sketches and the lino cut is an interesting new technique, I haven't tried one of those since I was at school :hilarious: proper printers ink may give a more predictable result.
I'm also glad your abscess has burst and given you some relief even if it's only temporary, it may give the antibiotics time to kick in to fight it properly :)

Art bit -

no 1 - a quick sketch using the inktense pencils, I changed the outline to look more hand drawn, it looked too neat to start with ;) I may use it as my avatar, what do you think?
View attachment 44054

no 2 - watercolour, just slightly larger than A5

View attachment 44053

Your watercolours are amazing @geefull
The circled tree would make a great avatar.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

thank you for your kind thoughts for mr gee and I :)

a couple of repeat blood tests at the local health centre for mr gee yesterday, and he's got to go and see his own doctor next week.

shopping day today so that took most of the day by the time we'd bought things, sorted them, wiped them down and then delivered mum's share of the haul to her.
Also it was smelly green bin day (general rubbish ;))

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like your reflection artwork today, very effective :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two pleasing and promising watercolour sketches and the lino cut is an interesting new technique, I haven't tried one of those since I was at school :hilarious: proper printers ink may give a more predictable result.
I'm also glad your abscess has burst and given you some relief even if it's only temporary, it may give the antibiotics time to kick in to fight it properly :)

Art bit -

no 1 - a quick sketch using the inktense pencils, I changed the outline to look more hand drawn, it looked too neat to start with ;) I may use it as my avatar, what do you think?
View attachment 44054

no 2 - watercolour, just slightly larger than A5

View attachment 44053
That's another very fine watercolur painting, again I'm impressed with the light on the hills and on the water especially at the horizon. Your tree would make a good avatar.

Thanks for you appreciation of my art.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg for this morning was 6.8

I went down to the docks and the river.
My plein air this morning on my iPad in ZenBrush2
Sitting on a bench watching the water rushing up the river with flotsam and jetsam.
The tide was coming in...

It was all lines. There were more pylons than this. And of all things was a catamaran on the other side of the river bank at a crazy angle. Was it beached? I don't know but it had two red lights on the side by the river. I drew the line at drawing the catamaran...

The bridge is to the right off picture. I call it the string bridge because it has more lines on it than any sane person would want to draw. My daughter thinks it is a tremendous piece of engineering. She would, she's an engineer..

Another day I may draw that bridge when I have figured it out.

When I got back home at midday I fell asleep a few hours...all that river/sea air.

Anyway, here is my painting for today...

View attachment 44055
Plein Air and iPad, brilliant and a well drawn industrial seascape. I'm always fascinated with where nature meets mans interference there are lots of interesting possibilities for art, although they seldom make a pretty painting. Look forward to more.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Plein Air and iPad, brilliant and a well drawn industrial seascape. I'm always fascinated with where nature meets mans interference there are lots of interesting possibilities for art, although they seldom make a pretty painting. Look forward to more.

Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist for the compliment.

Industrial landscape has never really been my thing, preferring natural landscapes. But when I was a teenager, I do recall painting cooling towers. I don't have those paintings now, but I can still remember the paintings I did

I do need to try out different things.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My fbg this morning was 4.4

@geefull hope your hubby feel better soon.

I really must take my hat off to all the fine artists that post such wonderful works of art here. I find it so uplifting but it does bring out a faint whiff of jealousy in me.

I even went as far as downloading procreate pocket to my I phone but it did not take me to long to realize I don't posses the artistic bent required just ended up with a formless monochromatic scribble to be honest.

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

My apologies for this
But I may persist who knows what might happen.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I really must take my hat off to all the fine artists that post such wonderful works of art here. I find it so uplifting but it does bring out a faint whiff of jealousy in me.

I even went as far as downloading procreate pocket to my I phone but it did not take me to long to realize I don't posses the artistic bent required just ended up with a formless monochromatic scribble to be honest.

View attachment 44056

My apologies for this

You do yourself an injustice @JohnEGreen
I see a field of butterflies. It is a beautiful painting. And it is much better than my first attempt at Procreate!
Keep painting and posting.

Reactions: ianpspurs

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher thank you for your kind words and encouragement, I will persist with it and hopefully improve.:)

You did really well on a phone, I tried it and gave up. Can't even draw with my finger so I need the precision of the pen and pad.

Nicely done.

This morning I shall report a 6.3 and go wait for Asda to arrive before barking :)

Enjoy the day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, if it is, which I doubt - guess who watched Winnie The Pooh yesterday and found Eeeyore a kindred spirit? Stabbo saw fit to declare a failed day yesterday with 5.7. Cold still lingering - wish I was a mouse in the Keto experiments 'cos it doesn't suit my immune system. Too many little episodes like this over the past five years to be coincidence. Austerity (in the diet) seems to leave the system unfit for purpose when challenged by events. One of the problems of ideology at all costs. Hildegard of Bingen to be remebered today https://www.classicfm.com/composers/bingen/guides/discovering-great-composers-hildegard-von-bingen/ A member here, @zauberflote, is an admirer. Great art again folks. Hope Mr G is recovering @geefull. 2 granddaughters here today and a grandson after school so 1 son at a time to collect their progeny or #snitchgate

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My worse was continually forgetting the keys...I no longer use a Yale lock it has to be the mortice lock now...I often forgot to close the kitchen before bed now I have a checklist I have to go through.
That 's exactly why we changed to the mortice lock - much less stressful.

Your checklist is a good idea. I definitely need one for the Norwich venue.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44056

My apologies for this
Please do persist. A brilliant first attempt.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Quick Morening all

7.2 this morning

Orf out again packed lunch is packed, Mrs J is up and about issuing instructions, I better listen, but perhaps not then today can be a mystery .

Have a great day, me and me's hope to.

lindisfel

Expert
Depressing news today.

Slogans won't get the World king and Rasputin out of this one.

We are all in a big fix now and need to find a way to keep those who are vulnerable safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today. Yesterday a hectic day. Today much calmer- lots of time to catch up with the admin before I am.off to Norwich for the evening classes -:with my checklist. I definitely do not want another midnight dash to Norwich to close the windows.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a gleam of yellow and a pale hue of blue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of and early dinner out with eldest granddaughter came in at 5.4 this am

Granddaughter number 2’s birthday yesterday - 6 - video link to see fun and frolics with a piñata in the garden and then the ceremonial opening of gifts and cards, twin sisters helping out.

@Muddy Cyclist - hug for the prospects of giant tomatoes - lino prints - loads of effort - takes me back to my mother making Christmas cards and an ink stained oilcloth on the kitchen table. I like your sketch.

@geefull - thank you for your kind comments. Tree - smashing and yes, will make a wonderful avatar. Another fine watercolour - I like the clouds, heavy with rain. Well, all of it really.

@gennepher - out and about with IPad - great industrial scene - reminds me of the A55 going past Ellesmere Port and Queensferry on our way to the mountains.

@JohnEGreen - you put yourself down - great stuff - and on a phone. I see a murmuration - fabulous.

Phew! I hope everyone has a very good day, I now need some koffy.

upload_2020-9-17_8-3-0.jpeg

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I am sure, John, if monkeys can write a Shakespearean sonnet, you in relatively short order will produce a Turner!
Keep up the practice.
D.

View attachment 44056

My apologies for this

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a gleam of yellow and a pale hue of blue in the dark and dangerous north

@gennepher - out and about with IPad - great industrial scene - reminds me of the A55 going past Ellesmere Port and Queensferry on our way to the mountains.

Phew! I hope everyone has a very good day, I now need some koffy.

View attachment 44063

Thank you. I can oblige with that industrial landscape if you like @dunelm it is a few miles up the road...I wouldn't mind an early morning visit to The Works nearby, while I'm still allowed to cross the border into that strange land called England, for bits and pieces.

I love your little scene of froggy, fisherman, and dragonflies...brilliant!

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

No painting yet...haven't decided what to do. Looks a beautiful sunny day, so that is me in my garden for today. Stay at home day and pretend I am on holiday...I have all my amenities here. Going to bid on eBay shortly....

Take care...have fun...chill out...enjoy your day...