What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...cooler today enjoying the breeze...finally all my paperwork done invoiced & delivered to our office in London so good to get that out of the way...coffee brewing the cats have gone out Charlie is improving day by day...so some wuiet time while I soak up my caffeine...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg this morning was 4.4

@geefull hope your hubby feel better soon.

I really must take my hat off to all the fine artists that post such wonderful works of art here. I find it so uplifting but it does bring out a faint whiff of jealousy in me.

I even went as far as downloading procreate pocket to my I phone but it did not take me to long to realize I don't posses the artistic bent required just ended up with a formless monochromatic scribble to be honest.

View attachment 44056

My apologies for this
But I may persist who knows what might happen.
Persist away, it all looks promising to me and creativity is good for the soul, look forward to more.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...cooler today enjoying the breeze...finally all my paperwork done invoiced & delivered to our office in London so good to get that out of the way...coffee brewing the cats have gone out Charlie is improving day by day...so some wuiet time while I soak up my caffeine...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.
Sounds like you are well on top of everything, a day to relax and watch the world go by.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - hug for the prospects of giant tomatoes - lino prints - loads of effort - takes me back to my mother making Christmas cards and an ink stained oilcloth on the kitchen table. I like your sketch
Thank you.

So much going on in your art today, lazy fisher men, busy insects and Mr Froggy looking very suspiciously at that helicopter. Some fine drawing techniques included in this digital art.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, late, and 6.3 for me today.

Still decorating here, what a waste of good weather and free vitamin D but takes my mind off the discomfort of my bloomin abscess. Lots to do before new floor can be laid, Mrs MC wants Parquey, saw pound signs in fitters eyes :) , this of course is to be blamed on Current Covid pandemic, no money spent on Holliday so it can be spent elsewhere. :joyful:

Do whatever you do best and enjoy it. Keep safe.

lindisfel

Expert
Azure skies and bright sunshine this cool but
beautiful autumn day. Walked up the hill at the back of the house but visibilty not as good as it can be, perhaps 30 miles.

We went out to as close to Scotland as we could at Bowness on Solway on monday am where a few birders were loosely gathered watching and photographing Arctic shore birds at high tide. I didn't try very hard to get any picts but because the road round the 'island' is very close to the shore a car makes an ideal hide.

When we got home we found the 'young horse woman' who rides her two hunters past us every day, had left us another dozen eggs, as she has done particularly during lockdown since March....this has been done out of kindness, refusing to accept any payment.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I can oblige with that industrial landscape if you like @dunelm it is a few miles up the road...I wouldn't mind an early morning visit to The Works nearby, while I'm still allowed to cross the border into that strange land called England, for bits and pieces.

I love your little scene of froggy, fisherman, and dragonflies...brilliant!
Don’t get caught art smuggling over that border. Thank you for your comments on the picture.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jodrell Bank, or as it's known to Brummies - Jodrell Bank :)
At first glance I though you had posted a photograph, then I realised it's a great digital rendition of this iconic place, brilliant.

It's known to us Black Country Folk as Jodrul Bonk. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

So much going on in your art today, lazy fisher men, busy insects and Mr Froggy looking very suspiciously at that helicopter. Some fine drawing techniques included in this digital art.
Thank you. I was practicing frogs and then dragonflies this morning so set both into one image.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today...
Not in a mood for a realistic painting...
But wanted to do the bridge from yesterday...
Just in a mood about something...

I call it The String Bridge...
But it's not. It's a suspension bridge I think...
Details don't matter...

Title - 'Breaking Free'

913F27C1-60A8-4E85-89F6-AD5AF8A292B6.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Maybe i should not derail the Art Thread with more mundane matters?
Was only half awake this morning, fed the cat, made tea and coffee, woke up sufficiently to realise cat needed medicine. And eardrops. Ofc having had his breakfast was not very co-operative, More on the floor and fur than inside the cat. MrSlim had to help. Will probably need that again tonight.
Forgot FBG, ah well there is always tomorrow.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today...
Not in a mood for a realistic painting...
But wanted to do the bridge from yesterday...
Just in a mood about something...

I call it The String Bridge...
But it's not. It's a suspension bridge I think...
Details don't matter...

Title - 'Breaking Free'

View attachment 44070
Wonderful - it looks as though the bridge is morphing into a giant bird

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe i should not derail the Art Thread with more mundane matters?
Was only half awake this morning, fed the cat, made tea and coffee, woke up sufficiently to realise cat needed medicine. And eardrops. Ofc having had his breakfast was not very co-operative, More on the floor and fur than inside the cat. MrSlim had to help. Will probably need that again tonight.
Forgot FBG, ah well there is always tomorrow.
After cat wrestling you deserve an easy day

Reactions: SlimLizzy

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My son posted this on face book I thought I would share.

People come and go,
in and out of the places where I am,
I come and go,
in and out of the places where they are.
But love is always there,
a constant strength.
It is with love that we begin and
in love we walk our differing paths.
It is Love that we have been learning to love
and by Life we have been learning to live.
So, moments come and go,
places come and go,
but Love is always there,
a constant strength,
late have I begun to see you,
late have I understood my paths
have always been in you.
late have I loved you,
Love so ancient and so new.
so, I try to let them pass,
to go their way,
because Love is always there,