What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

Home at silly am this morning.

No fbg..

Holiday marvellous.

for those getting older of with elderly relatives considering where to go.
Turunc turkey recommended.
one small town, all flat, easy to get around and Madge mobiles everywhere for rent
2+3 seaters if needed..
and WAY cheaper then European resorts

we didn't but still had great time
good mix of ages but more 40's to 80's
then 18-30's, if i am honest.

said enough about hols..will i return.?
in a shot given the chance..

only quibble was the flights.
as said a little gaggle , big n brave on the flight but too sensitive to wear a mask.
same crowd on return home obeying when they know they'll get fined,
but inside boarding area, masks off, airline people said nothing.
not seen anyone queried as to reason they can't wear one.

Turkey was a solid policy, wear mask.
in street
take off at bar / restaurant and on sunbed

so we wore masks, but saw police patrol and tell many to mask up
saw none seeming to provided medical reasons why they couldn't, masked up meekly
police watched for a good while as they left.

next day over 100 got fined £90 each, there and then for not wearing.

Carrot at first followed by BIG stick is all that works with many.

back on plane same fools did the arrogant march through plane, glancing at all the mugs thinking of others.
airline staff said nothing

( and i'd add in the messages re socially distancing on the flight...haha.
NO chance

too many are just herd animals, the stand up and get the cases down asap and stand in the aisles,
a foot away for everyone, is i can categorically say ALIVE and well )

Same in Stansted, quite amazing how many have a valid medical reason not to wear one...
...when they now they won't get a big fine or even asked why..

anyways...

holiday over
now on Plague island
until next escape.

"Back to life,
back to reality...:singing: "

enjoy the new day.

The final 2020 curtain call for Plague Runners..(maybe..;) )

Glad you had a really great time on holiday @jjraak
This mask excuse that they are medically exempt when patently they are probably not is not good. I have asthma so I could be medically exempt, but I choose to wear a mask. I can’t keep it on too long, but long enough to get in the shop, queue, and then out again. Then window open in the car as I am driving to get fresh air.

Oh dear...reality again of these British Isles....

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been another day that time played with laughing at my efforts to use it well. Some times I could murder time.
Found a tin of old Brass Rubbing Wax, we spent many hours in cold churches back in the 1970s rubbing brasses which are now all in the loft. The pieces are quite large and very hard so I used them flat adding pressure to produce a couple of quick doodles, it was fun, not serious, so here they be both A4 and the tree one does have the piece of wax used in bottom right hand corner...
View attachment 44078
View attachment 44077

A great couple of doodles @Muddy Cyclist
The second one makes me think of Glastonbury Tor....

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from nothing but grey skies, hopefully not all day long, here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of lemon and rosemary chicken and some “mash” made of cauliflower and broccoli came in at 4.8 this am

Tree trimming has started. Well according to Mrs Miggins. First in the barbers chair was a bay tree followed by the pear tree. I stood at a safe distance, well beyond government guidelines and only gave advice when I realised that Mrs Miggins had seemingly forgotten that the loppers extend. Video chat with my mother who has been put in charge of a neighbours keys while they are on holiday and instructions to use the swimming pool in their secluded garden. Dad has been bagging up both green and purple figs to give to friends - they already have a freezer full.
Lottery win - £10 from Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery - probably cost me a packet but it’s only a quid a month.

Drawing today on Zen Brush 2 of a tree branch hanging about in the park. The sun - well you have to have a sun every now and again. Hope everyone has a marvellous Friday. Time for koffy.
View attachment 44085

Love your ZenBrush2 painting @dunelm
I like the clean simplicity of this app as opposed to Procreate sometimes.
It looks a painting of hope...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
short tale, probably said before.

our cat belles,
not well.
off to vets
vet treats all good.

vet wants to clip nails.
i say ok yes please...
cat say no.

vet covers cat in towel
cat says No.

vet asked me to hold cat in towel while she holds cat.
cat says NO

Vet brings in assistant.. we all hold cat in towels.
Cat so NOO

vet put mask on cat,
Now looks like a cross between hannibal lector and a feline superhero,
in its fetching towelled cape

the 3 of us hold cat in towels, vet tries best
cat says NOOOOOO.

Vet gives up.
we all go home with most of our limbs.

I'm cut to pieces,, still have the scars
vets are in shock.. suggest anaesthetic next time.
(not sure they mean for cat either)

Once home, Cat smugly licks itself and gives me that "whats for dinner, Pops" look.

Good luck all feeding anything a cat doesn't want to eat.

you'll need it

..and decent THICK, ...no..... really THICK Gloves.

Oh dear @jjraak
Poor cat, all these manic humans trying to restrain her. Any decent cat would put up a fight for its life...

I have the nail clippers at the ready at all times for his Lordship. He will be fast asleep on my lap. I massage his little paws. Then when he extends the claws in satisfaction with being massaged, I grab the nail clippers, and clip just one claw. He opens his eyes, looks at me suspiciously - you just done something, he says. No, I say, I am just giving you a foot massage...

Eventually all claws get done...but not in the same day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Grey skies here. Been up since silly o’clock. Done pots kitchen, my exercises, meds and all the other mundane chores. Now I am ready for a sleep.

Heated eye mask at the ready...a power nap, then maybe my painting will get done for today...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Love your ZenBrush2 painting @dunelm
I like the clean simplicity of this app as opposed to Procreate sometimes.
It looks a painting of hope...
Thank you @gennepher and yes, the app is a lot cleaner in it’s simplicity than Procreate where sometimes I feel that half a day has elapsed just messing about with the features.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee before dog walk in the sunshine.

Don't feel as tired this week. Feeling really good that I did loads of admin yesterday. Hope to have another good day today. Hopefully should get some lesson plans written.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from nothing but grey skies, hopefully not all day long, here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of lemon and rosemary chicken and some “mash” made of cauliflower and broccoli came in at 4.8 this am

Tree trimming has started. Well according to Mrs Miggins. First in the barbers chair was a bay tree followed by the pear tree. I stood at a safe distance, well beyond government guidelines and only gave advice when I realised that Mrs Miggins had seemingly forgotten that the loppers extend. Video chat with my mother who has been put in charge of a neighbours keys while they are on holiday and instructions to use the swimming pool in their secluded garden. Dad has been bagging up both green and purple figs to give to friends - they already have a freezer full.
Lottery win - £10 from Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery - probably cost me a packet but it’s only a quid a month.

Drawing today on Zen Brush 2 of a tree branch hanging about in the park. The sun - well you have to have a sun every now and again. Hope everyone has a marvellous Friday. Time for koffy.
View attachment 44085
Congratulations on winning a tenor, Plácido Domingo or José Carreras?

Like the digital art today, so much detail in that branch, must have taken ages.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A great couple of doodles @Muddy Cyclist
The second one makes me think of Glastonbury Tor....
Thank you. I don't think I will be useing that wax again although it makes one draw in a less detailed way.

I used to take school groups out on mountain bikes, I had 30 bikes I used to hire out. I would take groups of 6 and do 'Art from the Saddle' gave them 12 sheets of A4 and a piece of wax and on route would stop 12 times and give them 4 minutes to capture what they saw. They produced some amazing art, talented youngsters, mind you the art didn't stop them complaining about the hill climbs. :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A yucky 6.5 this morning.

I think I need to get out into the garden and get my metabolism working ;)

Enjoy the day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on winning a tenor, Plácido Domingo or José Carreras?

Like the digital art today, so much detail in that branch, must have taken ages.
Jose Domingo. Branch took well over an hour - I am claiming for repetitive strain injury.

lindisfel

Expert
Blue skies in Cumbria today, I will be up late this am.

Sorry, I am going to have a moan today.

I have a rotten debilitating disease which affects breathing when its in its end stage.

I have to take an aldosterone blocker amongst other things.

At the moment I have metabolic alkalosis caused by an adrenal adenoma producing c.20x the normal amount of aldosterone causing me lose potassium etc etc.

This results in my blood being alkaline.
Since the kidneys cannot compensate my body thinks I need to retain co2 and my respiration is very low to retain co2 to make my blood more acid.

But I need more oxygen, but the ph of my blood takes precedence, therefore I have the sensation of needing to force my breathing to get more air, particularly at night, when my blood oxygen drops to 92%.

Hence I don't get much sleep and feel rubbish sometimes.
I will have to take more drugs and feel rubbish in a different way. :)

The only solution will be to get this 30mm tumour out when the pandemics over, if they will do it.

The better half worries a lot, that is probably the worst thing.

Thanks for listening.
Hope you all have good day.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I have a rotten debilitating disease which affects breathing when its in its end stage.

At the moment I have metabolic alkalosis caused by an adrenal adenoma producing c.20x the normal amount of aldosterone causing me lose potassium etc etc.

Since the kidneys cannot compensate my body thinks I need to retain co2 and my respiration is very low to retain co2 to make my blood more acid.

But I need more oxygen, but the ph of my blood takes precedence, therefore I have the sensation of needing to force my breathing to get more air, particularly at night, when my blood oxygen drops to 92%.

The only solution will be to get this 30mm tumour out when the pandemics over, if they will do it.

Thanks for listening.
D.
I intended to merely lurk today but that post moved me to comment - in a good way. There was absolutely no moan just a measured account of your condition and the collateral damage caused by the monumental mismanagement (charitable interpretation; Nov 3 and the fallout is pivotal for us all) of COVID and most other issues. I am certain that which was left unsaid regarding the problems you face and the love and concern of your God Lady exceeds my understanding. God bless and preserve you both and in saying so I care not who takes offence.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

I have just noticed a thinner coat of paint on the ceiling of my landing right above the stair well :banghead: the joys of decorating and so ladders out and the whole ceiling to be given another coat, patching never seems to work, so that's my morning sorted. :(

Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's not a moan that's an honest expression of how you are feeling made worse by the uncertainty of these Covid times. I can only offer kind thoughts and virtual hugs but I do so with sincerity.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18.09 2020
7.50am FBG 6.3
Cat wrestling with a large pink towel and only one set of hands produced a mostly successful result.
Cat had been co-operative about eardrops every two days, even though this has gone on for over two months now. Before lunch I sit on the doorstep and open the drops, cat comes out to see what i am doing (he volunteers) I place him between my legs, rear end against the step and cross them under his chin. Get hold of ear, drops, massage, other ear the same. Uncross legs and he climbs out, immediately returns to kitchen for lunch. I wonder about his memory? Seemed to be a surprise every time.
But now. Twice a day, with more drops (3-5) he obviously knows what is coming, and has started resisting. One good thing though, he bears no resentment. Happy to be petted immediately afterwards.
Tonight might try method recommended by @gennepher : grab a sleeping cat!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks for listening.
D.

This is not a moan @lindisfel
This is a thread to support people through anything and everything.
Write as much as you want on here.
Hugs for you both