What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an early start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of an 8 hour slow cooker curry with cauliflower rice came in at 5.2 this am

GP surgery duties this morning - 1200 patients, in time slotted batches, for flue jabs. I need to be there by 0730 to help lay out the 2m pads. Four nurses on duty for the jabs and hopefully everyone through between 0800 and 1330.

Sketch of some trees from a photo taken in Canada, A quick koffy and then on with the show. Hope everyone has a good day.

upload_2020-9-19_6-18-39.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning, but it is insignificant following the news of the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The idiocracy that is the US govt can move forward unchecked. Whilst US planes play 'chicken' on the borders of China the idiot in charge has said he will ban Tik Tok and We Chat on Sunday. We may think that this move is not a big deal, it's only social media, but not only will it cause China to respond it is also a move we'd expect from dictatorships seeking to close down free speech.

My family and friends out there need to get out before they can't. Really bad day :(

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. A busy day today - classes and 1:1s non stop until I finish at 3.15pm. Then a thorough sanitise of the hall and back home to relax.

Weighed myself this morning as clothes are getting even looser since I started back to work. 10lb now lost since I started intermittent fasting and limiting calories to around 14k a day. I am so comfortable with this that I don't want to stop but am hoping the weight loss will slow down soon.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How to deal with all the above? Hug for @Alien Aspie and, yes, things look bad so we can only hope the US electorate make a wise choice. @dunelm great community service and shining example. @jjraak good spot and share. The art express sure does speed along @Muddy Cyclist. A ghastly 6.1 from Stabbo after a Super Salmon (with crispy skin) OMAD. Can't disguise the fact LC doesn't deal with any minor ailments well and is devoid of comfort food. I do weigh 73 kgs and bought a new car yesterday, SPo2 at 98%, resting pulse 60 and temp 35.8 so seasonal cold methinks. I did check availability of tests but Mogadishu seems more than 6 miles away. Big day here yesterday, all the littlies at preschool out in the garden and chatting at pickup about red planes and pointing upwards

Come what, come may, time and the hour run through the roughest day eh, Big Mac.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, sorry busy again, orf out on my bike shortly this morning and receiving a telling orf this afternoon for going out this morning.

6.9 this morning.

Have as good a day as possibly can.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, but it is insignificant following the news of the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The idiocracy that is the US govt can move forward unchecked. Whilst US planes play 'chicken' on the borders of China the idiot in charge has said he will ban Tik Tok and We Chat on Sunday. We may think that this move is not a big deal, it's only social media, but not only will it cause China to respond it is also a move we'd expect from dictatorships seeking to close down free speech.

My family and friends out there need to get out before they can't. Really bad day :(
Scary times indeed, frustratingly we can only watch the game unfold from the sidelines. I can understand your concern for family and friends.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.5 for me today.

Youngest Grandaughter was 5 on Wednesday and today she and mom and dad are arriving at ours for an afternoon walk and early evening meal with Birthday Cake. The way Covid is going maybe the last proper meeting and we will be back to Virtual Meals :banghead: Mind you thanks to Social Gathering rules Grandaughter seems to have ended up having at least 4 birthday bashes.:)

Let time lead you where it will. Keep Safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no time for FBG back off to the vets with Charlie an emergency appointment have to dash due there at 10 am thank goodness I spotted it before they closed for the weekend.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am still in awe at all the things in there. I did try altering a brush to see what happened, quite glad there is an 'undo' function :)

The one thing I am glad I did was downloading all those colour palettes, saves so much time. I know artists like to mix their paints but for me, being able to sample what I need is perfect.
Undo functions are good!
Pity we cannot have them in life sometimes @Alien Aspie !!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunset was looking promising tonight so shot out to capture it in a Plein Air sketch. Had about 15 minutes to get it on paper, A4 watercolour.will probably do a proper painting once I get the decorating finished.
View attachment 44096
This is stunning @Muddy Cyclist
I call it the finished painting!!!

Thank you for your comment on my painting :)

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an early start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of an 8 hour slow cooker curry with cauliflower rice came in at 5.2 this am

GP surgery duties this morning - 1200 patients, in time slotted batches, for flue jabs. I need to be there by 0730 to help lay out the 2m pads. Four nurses on duty for the jabs and hopefully everyone through between 0800 and 1330.

Sketch of some trees from a photo taken in Canada, A quick koffy and then on with the show. Hope everyone has a good day.

View attachment 44104
A great sketch of trees @dunelm

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no time for FBG back off to the vets with Charlie an emergency appointment have to dash due there at 10 am thank goodness I spotted it before they closed for the weekend.

Omg....keep us updated.

Poor little mite.
Great spot indeed...

Many hugs xxxx

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs for you and your family @Alien Aspie

lindisfel

Expert
I intended to merely lurk today but that post moved me to comment - in a good way. There was absolutely no moan just a measured account of your condition and the collateral damage caused by the monumental mismanagement (charitable interpretation; Nov 3 and the fallout is pivotal for us all) of COVID and most other issues. I am certain that which was left unsaid regarding the problems you face and the love and concern of your God Lady exceeds my understanding. God bless and preserve you both and in saying so I care not who takes offence.
Many thanks, Ian for your encouragement when I know you must feel rotten with that cold you picked up.
Best wishes
Derek

lindisfel

Expert
Many thanks MC, I needed some support yesterday and all of you were very helpful.
I hope your dental problem is on the wane?
Atb
Derek

That's not a moan that's an honest expression of how you are feeling made worse by the uncertainty of these Covid times. I can only offer kind thoughts and virtual hugs but I do so with sincerity.