What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blue skies in Cumbria today, I will be up late this am.

Sorry, I am going to have a moan today.

I have a rotten debilitating disease which affects breathing when its in its end stage.

I have to take an aldosterone blocker amongst other things.

At the moment I have metabolic alkalosis caused by an adrenal adenoma producing c.20x the normal amount of aldosterone causing me lose potassium etc etc.

This results in my blood being alkaline.
Since the kidneys cannot compensate my body thinks I need to retain co2 and my respiration is very low to retain co2 to make my blood more acid.

But I need more oxygen, but the ph of my blood takes precedence, therefore I have the sensation of needing to force my breathing to get more air, particularly at night, when my blood oxygen drops to 92%.

Hence I don't get much sleep and feel rubbish sometimes.
I will have to take more drugs and feel rubbish in a different way. :)

The only solution will be to get this 30mm tumour out when the pandemics over, if they will do it.

The better half worries a lot, that is probably the worst thing.

Thanks for listening.
Hope you all have good day.
D.
Well that’s not a moan. Just an account of what’s going on in your life. Thank you for sharing and big hug to your better half.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have a rotten debilitating disease which affects breathing when its in its end stage.

At the moment I have metabolic alkalosis caused by an adrenal adenoma producing c.20x the normal amount of aldosterone causing me lose potassium etc etc.

Since the kidneys cannot compensate my body thinks I need to retain co2 and my respiration is very low to retain co2 to make my blood more acid.

But I need more oxygen, but the ph of my blood takes precedence, therefore I have the sensation of needing to force my breathing to get more air, particularly at night, when my blood oxygen drops to 92%.

The only solution will be to get this 30mm tumour out when the pandemics over, if they will do it.

Thanks for listening.
D.
big hugs to you and better half lindisfel xx

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Thanks for listening.
D.

Best Wishes and a hope for a swift intervention on the part of the medical profession.

Who supports the carer? Sometimes they need support.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate waking up this morning, even if it was late like me and me's.

A 6.4 this morning

Rumour has it that that to allow for the rule of 6 some Christmas carols might have to be altered, how I know not.
Mrs J has dictated that I have to get orf my bottom and do things, being helpful Mrs J has written a list.
I better get started if I want to see tomorrow.

Have a great day.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7;9 the last couple of days ...doing loads of exercise ( walking and climbing countless steps and hills in Edinburgh ) but being counter productive by eating everything carb related

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today...a swan...
In ZenBrush2

DAA485AD-B5E6-40D6-B419-BB2569D8C2A2.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.5 today

volunteering for a couple of hours yesterday then spent the evening cooking the multiple packs of minced steak we bought on Wednesday ready for the freezer :) Been out in the garden with the weedkiller this afternoon whilst it's warm and dry ;)

I thought it was a bit of a job getting a dog to take tablets, I now see that a cat wins hands down :hilarious:

@lindisfel - internet hugs of support to you and to mrs L, hope the medics can move forward for you.

@gennepher - I love the dock/river plein air, those pylons make a pleasing visual pattern, the suspension bridge is a very strong graphic image and your swan has a haughty air, quite cross and regal :D

@JohnEGreen - I find your abstract pic pleasing, very good first go :)

@dunelm - I like your lilypad and frog, very fluid technique :) and I'm amazed by the foliage rendition on the branch and, once again, you have produced a strong and pleasing composition.
Interesting idea, cutting down a brush, and your 'live' picture shows your strong stroke work well :joyful:

@Alien Aspie - great rendition of Jodrell Bank, particularly the dishes which are very well placed and solid in their landscape, I've only ever seen it from a distance and always wanted to go visit there :)
That's a fun pic today and a nice tribute to A(u)nts :)

@Muddy Cyclist - kudos for branching out into other media, both wax sketches are interesting but I especially like the landscape. I used to have a brass rubbing of a knight I did when I was a student but that's the nearest I've got to using wax, although a neighbours' daughter makes encaustic 'paintings' using wax and an iron.

Art bits -
art working not back to daily level but I'm trying to do some regularly.

two days worth coming up :)
no 1 - another shot at a 'zen' painting, trying out strokes with one of my new brushes,
upload_2020-9-18_16-38-10.jpeg

no 2 - as I promised (or threatened :hilarious:), more waves ;)
as far as I remember this was based on a photo seen online.
upload_2020-9-18_16-39-37.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.5 today

volunteering for a couple of hours yesterday then spent the evening cooking the multiple packs of minced steak we bought on Wednesday ready for the freezer :) Been out in the garden with the weedkiller this afternoon whilst it's warm and dry ;)

I thought it was a bit of a job getting a dog to take tablets, I now see that a cat wins hands down :hilarious:

@lindisfel - internet hugs of support to you and to mrs L, hope the medics can move forward for you.

@gennepher - I love the dock/river plein air, those pylons make a pleasing visual pattern, the suspension bridge is a very strong graphic image and your swan has a haughty air, quite cross and regal :D

@JohnEGreen - I find your abstract pic pleasing, very good first go :)

@dunelm - I like your lilypad and frog, very fluid technique :) and I'm amazed by the foliage rendition on the branch and, once again, you have produced a strong and pleasing composition.
Interesting idea, cutting down a brush, and your 'live' picture shows your strong stroke work well :joyful:

@Alien Aspie - great rendition of Jodrell Bank, particularly the dishes which are very well placed and solid in their landscape, I've only ever seen it from a distance and always wanted to go visit there :)
That's a fun pic today and a nice tribute to A(u)nts :)

@Muddy Cyclist - kudos for branching out into other media, both wax sketches are interesting but I especially like the landscape. I used to have a brass rubbing of a knight I did when I was a student but that's the nearest I've got to using wax, although a neighbours' daughter makes encaustic 'paintings' using wax and an iron.

Art bits -

no 1 - another shot at a 'zen' painting, trying out strokes with one of my new brushes,
View attachment 44094

View attachment 44095
Thank you for your kind comments. Hooray for the new avatar!
Lovely blossom with well made branches. Wonderful rolling waves on your sea, clouds rolling in, anticipation of rain. Great stuff.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely swan. He/she looks a bit miffed about something. I like the chosen background.
I have just cut down one of my brushes to see if I can use it for stippling and such like.

View attachment 44091

I couldn't have cut one of my chinese brushes !!!!

Yes @dunelm the swan looks miffed. I don't know why, all I did was give her a dot in her eye!!!

I like this work with real brushes, and the cut brush stippling is effective.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Art bits -

upload_2020-9-18_16-38-10-jpeg.44094

upload_2020-9-18_16-39-37-jpeg.44095
Thank you for your comments on my paintings @geefull

Great new avatar!
Love your zen painting. A very effective branch and flowers.
Your waves are amazing. You are a master of sea paintings. That wave has tremendous power in it.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like this @Alien Aspie
You are brilliant with these paintings!

Thank you. It's funny, all the functions and brushes etc in procreate and I only regularly use the studio pen, smudge tool, soft airbrush and eraser. The leaf brush is handy but I think the rest of the bits are wasted on me.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. It's funny, all the functions and brushes etc in procreate and I only regularly use the studio pen, smudge tool, soft airbrush and eraser. The leaf brush is handy but I think the rest of the bits are wasted on me.
There is everything in Procreate...somewhere...and all the individual adjustments for each brush @Alien Aspie
There is too much. You are very effective with the few tools you do use.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is everything in Procreate...somewhere...and all the individual adjustments for each brush @Alien Aspie
There is too much. You are very effective with the few tools you do use.

I am still in awe at all the things in there. I did try altering a brush to see what happened, quite glad there is an 'undo' function :)

The one thing I am glad I did was downloading all those colour palettes, saves so much time. I know artists like to mix their paints but for me, being able to sample what I need is perfect.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crikey, only stopped to paint hall landing and hall ceiling and gloss 7 dooors and this part of the forum moved on like an express train.
@gennepher a swan with attitude, love it.

@dunelm your brush work is as good as your digital art, brave man cutting down brushes obviously another skill under your belt.

@Alien Aspie faboulous and a great acknowledgment to your two Aunty's who you have certainly proven correct in their drive to make you an artist, you are! I also love the humour.

@geefull Great new Avatar. Thanks for your kind comments re my wax drawing. Looked in loft today and found Brass Rubbings of Knights and Ladies, Bishops and Monks some are quite large. Your blossom is so detailed a very nice Japanese Style you have and the seascapes just keep improving, they are very impressive, I like the line of the wave in this one as well as the masterful technique.
On the tablet front our Labrador is kept on a strict diet so probably always hungry poor thing and so thinks tablets are treats and scoffs them down no problem. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunset was looking promising tonight so shot out to capture it in a Plein Air sketch. Had about 15 minutes to get it on paper, A4 watercolour.will probably do a proper painting once I get the decorating finished.
IMG_3814.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Small post while I remember it

With the uptick in covid, this ladies story, slightly buried in the BBC new site, caught my eye.

Not depressing, just her view from the patient side of , what must have been quite a surreal experience

I hadn't stopped to consider some of the sensations & distance, treatments could leave you with.

Recovery seems fully underway, but she's not fully there yet, and it seems she still has a way to go.

Did like the idea that writing helped to meld the moments & feelings to help the mental healing process

Anyway, worthy of a read, I thought..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-54009971

Full story at foot of page.

Link is here
https://www.bluetangerine.herts.sch...11/files/7DA18CACC3973C000681C3B218EA71E1.pdf

Last edited: