What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a wet and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Actually it’s blowing a hoolie.

The wonder wheel of a slow cooker beef stroganoff came in at 5.2 this am

Did we add the NHS Covid-19 app yesterday? We did. I just hope that a, it works and b, enough people download it to make it viable - only for those over the age of 16? Will it go crazy in schools if those under 16 years of age start to use it? Other questions - will I need another app if I venture into the land of the blue or want to visit the Giant’s Causeway?

We watched the film “On the Basis of Sex” last night - the story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. We have seen it before but wanted a re-run. Worth a viewing if you have not seen it - we watched it on Amazon Prime but I suppose that it is available elsewhere. Talking of viewing, Spitting Images returns, if that is your bag. I could do with a bit of political satire - wonder if it will be acceptable on Scottish TV when the hate crime bill shackles such things (even though it is rumored to be watered down a bit).

A sketch done in the park yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44257
View attachment 44256
Hi Dunelm,
On border TV last night they reckoned those living and working on both sides of border have problems. You cannot use two apps at the same time because they use same input info.
Therefore one would have to deactivate one before using the other.
I think N.I have a seperate app, so you are in for problems! :)
regards
D.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...raining persistently here blast have to go out this morning...off for a regular eye test heard nothing about the diabetic eye screening presuming that will not be happening this year?...still checking the cv-19 test availability day 15 still nothing the site also advises not to call the helplines that will not get you tested...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wet and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Actually it’s blowing a hoolie.

The wonder wheel of a slow cooker beef stroganoff came in at 5.2 this am

Did we add the NHS Covid-19 app yesterday? We did. I just hope that a, it works and b, enough people download it to make it viable - only for those over the age of 16? Will it go crazy in schools if those under 16 years of age start to use it? Other questions - will I need another app if I venture into the land of the blue or want to visit the Giant’s Causeway?

We watched the film “On the Basis of Sex” last night - the story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. We have seen it before but wanted a re-run. Worth a viewing if you have not seen it - we watched it on Amazon Prime but I suppose that it is available elsewhere. Talking of viewing, Spitting Images returns, if that is your bag. I could do with a bit of political satire - wonder if it will be acceptable on Scottish TV when the hate crime bill shackles such things (even though it is rumored to be watered down a bit).

A sketch done in the park yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44257
View attachment 44256
Two very nice sketches from you. I like those willow tree leaves and rushes done Plein Air. Be kind to those brushes. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.10am FBG 5.8
Weight 49.7kg going down again.
Was really happy with last three weeks stable weight of 50.2kg but FBG way to high One day might manage to control both BG and weight.
Can't find the pet thread, thought it would be in off topic. Would somebody kindly post a link?

Found it .

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

No art as I have ended up spending the past 15 hours on my back, done too much lugging heavy furniture, can't move. :banghead: Keep forgetting I'm 71 in October. :)

A lovely bright but windy day here and I'm going to be stuck indoors on the floor, fingers crossed I'm more mobile soon as I have a kitchen Oak floor to remove before Monday.

Let time guide you on your way even if you don't know where it's going. keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.10am FBG 5.8
Weight 49.7kg going down again.
Was really happy with last three weeks stable weight of 59.2kg but FBG way to high One day might manage to control both BG and weight.
Can't find the pet thread, would somebody kindly post a link?
I gave you a winner but needed to offer a hug for the weight/BG battle, not easy, something I struggle with it can be quite a balancing act.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why, do they misbehave? :)
They do in my hands - the brushes are made out of animal hair and denser in the centre. They hold more liquid than regular brushes so do take a bit of getting used to when loading with ink and water. The idea of of being told to be patient is to slow down the stroke - but too slow gets you a big blob of inky water if you mess up.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
On border TV last night they reckoned those living and working on both sides of border have problems. You cannot use two apps at the same time because they use same input info.
Therefore one would have to deactivate one before using the other.
I think N.I have a seperate app, so you are in for problems! :)
regards
D.
Thanks - it was a lot easier when we were children and these devices where only available from Jules Verne and the best morning entertainment was reading the cereal packets.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

No art as I have ended up spending the past 15 hours on my back, done too much lugging heavy furniture, can't move. :banghead: Keep forgetting I'm 71 in October. :)

A lovely bright but windy day here and I'm going to be stuck indoors on the floor, fingers crossed I'm more mobile soon as I have a kitchen Oak floor to remove before Monday.

Let time guide you on your way even if you don't know where it's going. keep safe.
That’s not good. I broke my lower back in the 1970’s (L2, L3, L4) so have lived with back and also leg problems for quite a while - wonder if you can do any floor exercises - arm stretches over head, knee raises, leg rolling and stretching legs? Take care of that back.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 5.9 at 3 am

Up early because postcards to write to post this morning, do painting, and I am off to watch sunrise...

My painting for this morning.
In Procreate. I was experimenting with layers and some of the settings on layers to see what they do. And downloading more brushes. And adjusting the leaf setting. A certain alien said he was glad there was a reset button when he was messing with brushstroke settings, but when I pressed the reset button, the leaves changed to some different in leaves, and so did the name which is now called 'grass'. :(
Finally I had to download leaves again. I shall never touch brushstroke settings again...
After that crisis, I need a beautiful sunrise...

View attachment 44249
A very ghostly effect you have given us today, full of atmosphere and expectations.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did we add the NHS Covid-19 app yesterday? We did. I just hope that a, it works and b, enough people download it to make it viable - only for those over the age of 16?
Tried to download but does not work on either of our mobiles. Mine is an old Blackberry built like a tank and ideal for my Mountain Bike Activity as it survives crashes, Mrs MC won't upgrade her much loved older Iphone so App no use to us.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone from a very soggy Breckland. Gentle hug for your back @Muddy Cyclist and your back and leg problems @dunelm. I sympathise as although I don't have pain my gestational spinal stenosis plays havoc with my balance and ability to do all the exercise and heavier work I want. More an ego thing in my case. Great to hear you back in the game @jjraak. Good start to Friday for you @karen8967 . I really liked your rendering of that little Hamlet - in my mind - @geefull. I assume I'm a rural watercolour kinda fella. For some reason that piece reminded me of this https://interestingliterature.com/2016/01/a-short-analysis-of-tall-nettles-by-edward-thomas/ which I find so evocative of an idyllic childhood. @SlimLizzy hug for the weight/bg/ tug of war. If one adds in nutrition and pleasure I think it best to accept it can't be done well. If I've missed you out of #namecheckgate sorry but I'm very anti-social. Today is Salmon and avocado salad, collect new car and learn to reluctantly accept wearing trousers, fleece tops and socks day - just awful and well before my clock change target. Oh. I now have a lawn which needs more seeding and care before winter but it pleases me way more than it should.:):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 5.9 at 3 am

Up early because postcards to write to post this morning, do painting, and I am off to watch sunrise...

My painting for this morning.
In Procreate. I was experimenting with layers and some of the settings on layers to see what they do. And downloading more brushes. And adjusting the leaf setting. A certain alien said he was glad there was a reset button when he was messing with brushstroke settings, but when I pressed the reset button, the leaves changed to some different in leaves, and so did the name which is now called 'grass'. :(
Finally I had to download leaves again. I shall never touch brushstroke settings again...
After that crisis, I need a beautiful sunrise...

View attachment 44249
I do like this - but very spooky.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I gave you a winner but needed to offer a hug for the weight/BG battle, not easy, something I struggle with it can be quite a balancing act.
Typo in my post above weight should read 50.2k not much difference only 8kg more :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak