What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone from a very soggy Breckland. Gentle hug for your back @Muddy Cyclist and your back and leg problems @dunelm. I sympathise as although I don't have pain my gestational spinal stenosis plays havoc with my balance and ability to do all the exercise and heavier work I want. More an ego thing in my case. Great to hear you back in the game @jjraak. Good start to Friday for you @karen8967 . I really liked your rendering of that little Hamlet - in my mind - @geefull. I assume I'm a rural watercolour kinda fella. For some reason that piece reminded me of this https://interestingliterature.com/2016/01/a-short-analysis-of-tall-nettles-by-edward-thomas/ which I find so evocative of an idyllic childhood. @SlimLizzy hug for the weight/bg/ tug of war. If one adds in nutrition and pleasure I think it best to accept it can't be done well. If I've missed you out of #namecheckgate sorry but I'm very anti-social. Today is Salmon and avocado salad, collect new car and learn to reluctantly accept wearing trousers, fleece tops and socks day - just awful and well before my clock change target. Oh. I now have a lawn which needs more seeding and care before winter but it pleases me way more than it should.:):):)
Tall Nettles - lovely poem, enjoy the new car, the salad and the constricting itchiness of heavy clothes

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderfully fun and spooky at the same time. Hot tip - make a duplicate copy of a brush - change things and then delete if not satisfied. I messed on by importing an image into the ‘shape’ and then the ‘grain’ and then adjusted the other settings - still not quite right but here is the image imported and then what the brush does.

View attachment 44254 View attachment 44255

[/ATTACH]

Thank you @dunelm

Okay duplicate copy of the brush...then play with settings...thanks.

That is a clever brush!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wet and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Actually it’s blowing a hoolie.

The wonder wheel of a slow cooker beef stroganoff came in at 5.2 this am

Did we add the NHS Covid-19 app yesterday? We did. I just hope that a, it works and b, enough people download it to make it viable - only for those over the age of 16? Will it go crazy in schools if those under 16 years of age start to use it? Other questions - will I need another app if I venture into the land of the blue or want to visit the Giant’s Causeway?

We watched the film “On the Basis of Sex” last night - the story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. We have seen it before but wanted a re-run. Worth a viewing if you have not seen it - we watched it on Amazon Prime but I suppose that it is available elsewhere. Talking of viewing, Spitting Images returns, if that is your bag. I could do with a bit of political satire - wonder if it will be acceptable on Scottish TV when the hate crime bill shackles such things (even though it is rumored to be watered down a bit).

A sketch done in the park yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44257
View attachment 44256

Brilliant sketch in the park @dunelm full of life.
Great bamboo sketch.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Has beeen a white frost here the last two mornings.
This one has survived up to now.
D.
IMG_20200925_120257949_compress40.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200925_120257949_compress40.jpg
    IMG_20200925_120257949_compress40.jpg
    964.6 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In between standing and flat out on the floor to relieve back pain I did a quick watercolour sketch inspired by the poem Tall Nettles to which @ianpspurs posted a link today... Farmer friend lets this hand plough slowly rust away, must have been in the same location about 20 years and nettles love growing around it. A4 watercolour sketch about 45 minutes..
IMG_3829.JPG

Also started a proper painting of the pool at our local Wildlife Centre. Lots to do A4 watercolour and so far about 15 minutes. Lots of drying time between layers so will finish later...can't paint sitting down with my back ache and can only stand so long..
IMG_3830.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In between standing and flat out on the floor to relieve back pain I did a quick watercolour sketch inspired by the poem Tall Nettles to which @ianpspurs posted a link today... Farmer friend lets this hand plough slowly rust away, must have been in the same location about 20 years and nettles love growing around it. A4 watercolour sketch about 45 minutes..
View attachment 44264
Also started a proper painting of the pool at our local Wildlife Centre. Lots to do A4 watercolour and so far about 15 minutes. Lots of drying time between layers so will finish later...can't paint sitting down with my back ache and can only stand so long..
View attachment 44265
I do so hope the art has provided some relief from the back pain. Take care.

lindisfel

Expert
DSCN3425_compress26.jpg

Binsey is an outlier to the high fells and reaches c.1500 ft.
Notice how far up the fell the 'improved' pasture goes now! This is why the song of the Curlew is disappearing from the bird song of a Cumbrian spring!
Binsey is the sort of fell I may still be able to get up, given a good day, and a following wind! :)
Curlew are still there in Spring in the unimproved pasture near the top.
Below the fell is the hamlet of High Ireby.
On the North west side is the curiously named village of Torpenhow, which means hill in three languages.
Pronounced Trepenna by the locals.
D.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

3.8 this morning, had some cheese and a couple of blueberries to be on the safe side ;)

lovely sunny day with a bitter wind funneling in off the sea, there is a vista of whitecaps today across the firth.
Over to check on mum and top up her indoor log supply today but apart from that I haven't done much except cast on some knitting. I haven't done any knitting for ages. I thought I would do lots of knitting during the lockdown and I just ...didn't :hilarious:

did manage to get through to the hotline to book our flu jabs. November 14th :sorry:

Hope your day will treat you kindly :)

@gennepher - that's interesting if spooky :D

@ianpspurs - enjoyed the poem thank you, it's so true too :)

@dunelm - thanks for the info on custom brushes. I really like both your plein air sketch and your bamboo, that tree is lovely. I agree that brushes can be a bit of a thing :hilarious: the new watercolour brushes I bought are taking a bit of getting used to because they hold a lot more water.

@SlimLizzy - glad it's the last day of cat wrangling for medication and hugs for the weight battle, it's the opposite with me, I find it easy to add weight, I think I broke my metabolism years ago dieting the NHS way :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Hugs, I hope that your back pain subsides soon bringing you more comfort. I do like your plough sketch, the colourful boarding is great :joyful: and I look forward with interest to the development of your next picture.

Art bit -

speaking of watercolour brushes I bought another couple of sizes and they arrived today. Gives me more of a range of similar brushes, nothing posh but better than the ones I had which were more for multimedia.

Still trying waves ;) white nights with a touch of white gel pen on the wave faces
upload_2020-9-25_16-40-28.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 44264
View attachment 44265

The fence is brilliant as a backdrop to the hand plough @Muddy Cyclist

I look forward to seeing how the pool painting is going to develop.

Take care with that back.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

3.8 this morning, had some cheese and a couple of blueberries to be on the safe side ;)

lovely sunny day with a bitter wind funneling in off the sea, there is a vista of whitecaps today across the firth.

@gennepher - that's interesting if spooky :D

Art bit -

speaking of watercolour brushes I bought another couple of sizes and they arrived today. Gives me more of a range of similar brushes, nothing posh but better than the ones I had which were more for multimedia.

Still trying waves ;) white nights with a touch of white gel pen on the wave faces
View attachment 44267

Thank you @geefull

A brilliant powerful wave in your painting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Am very late posting fbs - which was 5.0.

Had a horrendously busy day. The weather was truly awful - roads are flooded around us and trees down. Have cancelled classes this evening and tomorrow because of the high wind speed.

I must have been slightly bonkers to think it was a good idea to schedule classes when I was also doing a course on Zoom over Friday, Saturday and Sunday and also have so much admin to do - so in a way the bad weather was quite fortuitous.

Blood sugars all day have been brilliant even though my steps today were almost zero.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am very late posting fbs - which was 5.0.

Had a horrendously busy day. The weather was truly awful - roads are flooded around us and trees down. Have cancelled classes this evening and tomorrow because of the high wind speed.

I must have been slightly bonkers to think it was a good idea to schedule classes when I was also doing a course on Zoom over Friday, Saturday and Sunday and also have so much admin to do - so in a way the bad weather was quite fortuitous.

Blood sugars all day have been brilliant even though my steps today were almost zero.

Hopefully the weather has eased off now @Krystyna23040

It was hailstones, wind, and driving rain here as well, all rearranging my garden furniture.

sorry you had to cancel your classes after all the effort you put into them. I gave you a winner, but here are some hugs too for the awful day.

t4601.gif
t4602.gif
t4603.gif
t4604.gif
t4605.gif
t4606.gif
t4607.gif
t4608.gif

(For some strange reason, the emoji site wouldn't let me copy just one, but a whole bunch of hugs...so who am I to argue...although I think the penultimate one looks weird...)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I updated iPad, and since then the response to my finger doing the drawing in digital art including ZenBrush2, which I have used this morning, has been slow, or nor responsive. (I don't use an Apple Pen, I have difficulty holding styluses with my arthritis). Very frustrating yesterday and this morning. I deleted some painting apps because of my frustration with this, maybe I shouldn't have done, but I did.

In ZenBrush2, just a made up painting...

I am going out in my garden now to let that wind blow away the cobwebs...

6DF2C947-51BB-4485-B6F6-3D67024F1932.jpeg

Oh, and I did this quick digital sketch of Popeye this morning...I think he is picking up my mood...

64B145C6-EB98-4F7D-BE0C-DF9AF8E9B3EC.jpeg