What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In between standing and flat out on the floor to relieve back pain I did a quick watercolour sketch inspired by the poem Tall Nettles to which @ianpspurs posted a link today... Farmer friend lets this hand plough slowly rust away, must have been in the same location about 20 years and nettles love growing around it. A4 watercolour sketch about 45 minutes..
View attachment 44264
Also started a proper painting of the pool at our local Wildlife Centre. Lots to do A4 watercolour and so far about 15 minutes. Lots of drying time between layers so will finish later...can't paint sitting down with my back ache and can only stand so long..
View attachment 44265
Lovely nettles. I do like seeing the beginnings of your paintings, backdrops for hanging the details on.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 44266

Binsey is an outlier to the high fells and reaches c.1500 ft.
Notice how far up the fell the 'improved' pasture goes now! This is why the song of the Curlew is disappearing from the bird song of a Cumbrian spring!
Binsey is the sort of fell I may still be able to get up, given a good day, and a following wind! :)
Curlew are still there in Spring in the unimproved pasture near the top.
Below the fell is the hamlet of High Ireby.
On the North west side is the curiously named village of Torpenhow, which means hill in three languages.
Pronounced Trepenna by the locals.
D.
Not far from Uldale, north end of Skidaw - we used to love hearing the Curlews when camping out on the mountains.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

3.8 this morning, had some cheese and a couple of blueberries to be on the safe side ;)

lovely sunny day with a bitter wind funneling in off the sea, there is a vista of whitecaps today across the firth.
Over to check on mum and top up her indoor log supply today but apart from that I haven't done much except cast on some knitting. I haven't done any knitting for ages. I thought I would do lots of knitting during the lockdown and I just ...didn't :hilarious:

did manage to get through to the hotline to book our flu jabs. November 14th :sorry:

Hope your day will treat you kindly :)

@gennepher - that's interesting if spooky :D

@ianpspurs - enjoyed the poem thank you, it's so true too :)

@dunelm - thanks for the info on custom brushes. I really like both your plein air sketch and your bamboo, that tree is lovely. I agree that brushes can be a bit of a thing :hilarious: the new watercolour brushes I bought are taking a bit of getting used to because they hold a lot more water.

@SlimLizzy - glad it's the last day of cat wrangling for medication and hugs for the weight battle, it's the opposite with me, I find it easy to add weight, I think I broke my metabolism years ago dieting the NHS way :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Hugs, I hope that your back pain subsides soon bringing you more comfort. I do like your plough sketch, the colourful boarding is great :joyful: and I look forward with interest to the development of your next picture.

Art bit -

speaking of watercolour brushes I bought another couple of sizes and they arrived today. Gives me more of a range of similar brushes, nothing posh but better than the ones I had which were more for multimedia.

Still trying waves ;) white nights with a touch of white gel pen on the wave faces
View attachment 44267
Thank you for your kind comments, yes, brushes can be very uncooperative. Love your waves, we have had some whoppers here over the past couple of days.
upload_2020-9-26_7-31-49.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I updated iPad, and since then the response to my finger doing the drawing in digital art including ZenBrush2, which I have used this morning, has been slow, or nor responsive. (I don't use an Apple Pen, I have difficulty holding styluses with my arthritis). Very frustrating yesterday and this morning. I deleted some painting apps because of my frustration with this, maybe I shouldn't have done, but I did.

In ZenBrush2, just a made up painting...

I am going out in my garden now to let that wind blow away the cobwebs...

View attachment 44273

Oh, and I did this quick digital sketch of Popeye this morning...I think he is picking up my mood...

View attachment 44274
Updating software can come at a cost, wonder if you can revert? AA may know.
Lovely fluid landscape. I like your trees and their placement and full praise to Popeye for sitting still for your fabulous sketch of him.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from yet another billowing morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of salad days came in at 5.1 this am.

It seems that the good canine folk around the world are training dogs to sniff out Covid-19 and trials are on the go: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...sr1Z5fuaEjjbg_HMUSbL5kwFFWP84v6-QVUxtwJlmEQ-g
If you have to wear a mask and glasses during Covid-19 you may be entitled to condensation.
I’ll get my coat.
Have a great day if you can, welly boots at the ready, koffy in the pot.

upload_2020-9-26_7-43-20.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Updating software can come at a cost, wonder if you can revert? AA may know.
Lovely fluid landscape. I like your trees and their placement and full praise to Popeye for sitting still for your fabulous sketch of him.

Thank you for the compliments @dunelm

I might go back to my first iPad...iPad 1...it was iOS5. I didn't know it was out of date when I bought it for a song, £75 in 2009/10 I think, I knew nothing of computers or tablets then). I was blissfully unaware of iOS updates then because it couldn't update beyond iOS5, until I bought my second iPad in 2016...then I discovered there was this thing called software updates....

My first iPad still has a very simple version of Procreate...my first iPad is still usable, and has some very old apps I like that are unobtainable now.

Unfortunately I deleted Procreate off my second iPad (I got this because of a camera which first iPad does not have), and Apple store won't let me download an older version of Procreate back on the second iPad :(

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from yet another billowing morning in the dark and dangerous north

It seems that the good canine folk around the world are training dogs to sniff out Covid-19 and trials are on the go: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...sr1Z5fuaEjjbg_HMUSbL5kwFFWP84v6-QVUxtwJlmEQ-g
If you have to wear a mask and glasses during Covid-19 you may be entitled to condensation.
I’ll get my coat.

View attachment 44276

Wow! I love the dramatic power of this sketch...uplifting @dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Not far from Uldale, north end of Skidaw - we used to love hearing the Curlews when camping out on the mountains.

Hi Dunelm, yes Curlew and Cuckoos and other birds are still in the high pastures which are unimproved. Their song in Spring was the continual backdrop in our cottage garden down here on the low side.

You must have been near the narrow road along the fell side.

When our two were young we use to take them sledging up near Dead Crag on the way to Skiddaw House on the slope down to the track.

I did a lot of bird atlas work for a number of tetrads including all of NY24.

When we came here on the low side between the sea and the mountains all the fields were unimproved hay meadow full of Curlew, Skylarks etc. It was converted to silage grasses and now there are no curlews when the air was full of curlew song in spring. I used to be able to count 40+ different bird species by song or sight in spring in 30mins in my garden.... it is sad we have lost so many.

Silage, and slurry have polluted the rivers since we lost the hay meadows. The dippers, grey wagtails and kingfishers are disappearing from the Waver.

I hope the next generation can turn it all round.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - Hugs, I hope that your back pain subsides soon bringing you more comfort. I do like your plough sketch, the colourful boarding is great :joyful: and I look forward with interest to the development of your next picture.
Thank you.

That's a great wave the crest highlight and face detail worked well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I updated iPad, and since then the response to my finger doing the drawing in digital art including ZenBrush2, which I have used this morning, has been slow, or nor responsive. (I don't use an Apple Pen, I have difficulty holding styluses with my arthritis). Very frustrating yesterday and this morning. I deleted some painting apps because of my frustration with this, maybe I shouldn't have done, but I did.

In ZenBrush2, just a made up painting...

I am going out in my garden now to let that wind blow away the cobwebs...

View attachment 44273

Oh, and I did this quick digital sketch of Popeye this morning...I think he is picking up my mood...

View attachment 44274
Two very different but well drawn digital art. I like both and successful even with software update problems.

Thank you for your appreciation of my watercolours.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 6.1 this morning and blue skies following earlier rain. No gardening today as I have other stuff planned but I might do some tomorrow.

@gennepher I updated to 14.1 this morning so went to check response speed. I remember you saying before about not being able to use the pen so I tested with a finger. I have a two-year-old iPad and it seems ok, I don't notice any lag. You can rollback the software but personally I never think it's a good idea with Apple. Here's a how-to if you need it https://www.imore.com/how-to-downgrade-ios

Enjoy the day :)

EDIT If you don't normally back up your iPad then don't rollback as you will have to restore everything from scratch

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’ll get my coat.

View attachment 44276
That's a real cliff hanger from you today, a fine dramatic piece of art.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

A fine bright and less windy morning here, my back is still Hurting, so frustrating, more rest for me I guess.

Do the best you can with time today. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I updated to 14.1 this morning so went to check response speed. I remember you saying before about not being able to use the pen so I tested with a finger. I have a two-year-old iPad and it seems ok, I don't notice any lag. You can rollback the software but personally I never think it's a good idea with Apple. Here's a how-to if you need it https://www.imore.com/how-to-downgrade-ios

Enjoy the day :)

EDIT If you don't normally back up your iPad then don't rollback as you will have to restore everything from scratch

Hi @Alien Aspie

I am the Queen of backup!
I backup things every which way before I attempt anything ;)

This iPad Pro I bought Jan 2017 I think. (My previous iPad2 had been nothing but problems, been back etc etc & finally a friend downloaded a whole music library to it & set it up with a boom box in front room so I can blast my head off...not directly attached to processor but the vibration all around). So, this iPad Pro, I am using now) is nearly 4 years old.

But I won’t rollback the software (thanks for the link, and explaining) because I tried to rollback the iPhone software, after updating software, when those disastrous tremendously loud sound alerts came directly into head via the processor last year. It didn’t work.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Alien Aspie

I am the Queen of backup!
I backup things every which way before I attempt anything ;)

This iPad Pro I bought Jan 2017 I think. (My previous iPad2 had been nothing but problems, been back etc etc & finally a friend downloaded a whole music library to it & set it up with a boom box in front room so I can blast my head off...not directly attached to processor but the vibration all around). So, this iPad Pro, I am using now) is nearly 4 years old.

But I won’t rollback the software (thanks for the link, and explaining) because I tried to rollback the iPhone software, after updating software, when those disastrous tremendously loud sound alerts came directly into head via the processor last year. It didn’t work.

Can I ask why you won't download the newer Procreate on the iPad Pro?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

A fine bright and less windy morning here, my back is still Hurting, so frustrating, more rest for me I guess.

Do the best you can with time today. Keep safe.

You rest @Muddy Cyclist
You might still think you still have that 17 year old body (I do!). You do tremendously with your strenuous cycle rides, and they are important to you. So take care of yourself so you can continue with them.

By the way, I don’t take my own advice, I will be up a ladder in the garage loft in a few minutes...and I don’t have a head for heights...