What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
interesting link, thank you

THAT, as much as i am ashamed the world see johnson and his nonsense week after week and laughs at us,
would make me very ashamed to be American right now.

loud, obnoxious, rude..
and that's before we get into the deceitful, disrespectful & plain nasty

i think i have seen toddlers having melt downs in the sweet aisle behaving better then that.

sad to think we maybe now have this as being the norm.
something for the next gen of politicians to aspire to be...…, :banghead:
The counterbalance to that are the two wonderful American service families either side of us and from what I can gather the very large numbers of their colleagues hereabouts. Fair to say Trump and his supporters don't define that country anymore than Johnson/Cummings/Gove/Haman/Farage (other fruitcakes/demons of choice available) define us. Democracy can do these things to nations. They may well only have 4 years of him, we seem set to have at least another decade - so 20 years with what we have already suffered - of bleepwittery and at least two or more generations to recover.

Last edited:
Reactions: UserABC2021

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a busy week it's Thursday already & the 1st of October!...been working attending to some admin & regular clinic appointment...anti-coagulation clinic appointment produced another perfect INR result so 4 weeks grace between appointments...I will not get complacent managing my INR levels proves more difficult than the diabetes for me one look in the wrong direction and it's does it's own thing...but I'm hopeful I'm heading in the right direction...so many posts to catch up on will try later when it's less frantic...woke to a 6.8 and a distinct chill...managed to up the boiler pressure bleed the radiators & seal a small leaky joint on the kitchen radiator feels good...keep safe everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i was happy with a 6.1 this morning, i had a bit of a wobble at weekend. feels like everytime i have a bad day or make a bad choice my bloods go higher for 2/3 days and its so frustrating.
Frustrating is probably the most apt description for all on this corner of the forum trying to manage our BG. Just as you think you understand, wham another surprise, all we can do is try.

Welcome to the madness of this thread.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Frustrating is probably the most apt description for all on this corner of the forum trying to manage our BG. Just as you think you understand, wham another surprise, all we can do is try.

Welcome to the madness of this thread.
@Brokenbill and @Muddy Cyclist best acquaint yourselves with the idea that bg readings exist by the credo nolens volens. 6.1 is fine, bad days are fine. BTW, I know 4/5 of 5/8 of ?all about this anyway.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I see the prospect of the Victorian hulks has come on the horizon.
What prat would put asylum seekers on disused ferries off shore?
Haven't they been traumatised enough?
D.
Or on Ascension Island having been there on a few occasions I would not find it a pleasant prospect to be put in a concentration camp on that Island smack dab in the middle of the Atlantic.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg was 4.6 this morning all quiet here nothing much to report except for the electrician turning up two hours earlier than expected to do electrical safety checks at the same time as Judith was getting ready for work throwing us into complete turmoil for a while and us then having no power for a couple of hours or so.

SNAFU sometimes seems to have been a thread running through my entire life.:)

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or on Ascension Island
Amazing Priti Patel doesn't know the procedures & protocols of her own department...the only legitimate reason to detain any person entering the UK illegally is to remove them from the UK...asylum seekers are entitled to claim asylum & that claim would need to be assessed first before any consideration of removal they should not be detained...Priti Patel needs guidance on her role as Home Secretary as she clearly doesn't know what the rules are

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my frustrations also stems from my lack of Knowledge about Type 2 which is the reason i signed up here and have been reading alot of the info. i'm trying to reduce the amount of sugar and carbs i eat but not really sure how many carbs per day i should be aiming for. i'm using myfitnesspal to try and track what i am consuming but i have no idea what is a good number of carbs. i dread to think how many carbs i was having before i started trying to eat better, but now i am typicaly having 45g-55g everyday. sorry about the long winded message :)

lindisfel

Expert
Wall to wall blue skies in north Cumbria.
Must get a walk in.
D.
Or on Ascension Island having been there on a few occasions I would not find it a pleasant prospect to be put in a concentration camp on that Island smack dab in the middle of the Atlantic.
Boatswain bird Island is a good place for sea birds including their frigate birds.

Ascension was the place the BBC had their Atlantic relay station, but that all ended with transmitters (senders) in space.

I seem to have messed up my previous post! :)

At least I won't get consigned to a prison ship?

The lady concerned was described by one comedian as the
modern female Enoch.:)

A very clever observation and play on words.

D.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think my frustrations also stems from my lack of Knowledge about Type 2 which is the reason i signed up here and have been reading alot of the info. i'm trying to reduce the amount of sugar and carbs i eat but not really sure how many carbs per day i should be aiming for. i'm using myfitnesspal to try and track what i am consuming but i have no idea what is a good number of carbs. i dread to think how many carbs i was having before i started trying to eat better, but now i am typicaly having 45g-55g everyday. sorry about the long winded message :)

Your message is not long-winded. It is an informative message @Brokenbill

I have been diagnosed diabetic for a few years now (probably was diabetic for longer), I too must have been having a terrific amount of carbs originally. And far too much sugar.

When I began reducing carbs, I tried 100 carbs to start with but that wasn't low enough, and then I went down to 50 but that still wasn't low enough. I used various apps to guide me. And I now go for 20 carbs or under a day. The carbs can mount up very quickly.

I think we are all different in our carb needs, so I'm not sure any one of us can say a specific number of carbs is right for a person.

It sounds like you're going in the right direction.

Just reading what different people write gives you that bit more understanding, And you might find that applies to you.

Good luck on your diabetic journey
:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Must get a walk in.
D.

Boatswain bird Island is a good place for sea birds including their frigate birds.

It was the place the BBC had their Atlantic relay station, but that all ended with transmitters (senders) in space.
D.
Ok sanctuary for the sea birds but sadly not the Ascension rail and the night heron neither of which are with us today wiped out by the cats that were introduced to Ascension Island by people when they got there.

Also Boatswain bird Island was not very suitable for landing a Nimrod on.

lindisfel

Expert
Must get a walk in.
D.

It was the place the BBC had their Atlantic relay station, but that all ended with transmitters (senders) in space.

I seem to have messed up my previous post! :)

At least I won't get consigned to a prison ship?

The lady concerned was described by one comedian as the
modern female Enoch.:)

A very clever observation and play on words.

D.
Ok sanctuary for the sea birds but sadly not the Ascension rail and the night heron neither of which are with us today wiped out by the cats that were introduced to Ascension Island by people when they got there.

Yes John, the cats were supposed to kill the rats which had jumped ship, instead they wiped out the Terns that nested on Ascension.
It is invariably a bad move to introduce alien species, it seldom does what one wants.

Derek

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @gennepher for your kind words, the past month have been a bit of trial and error trying to find what works for me and its quite shocking how fast carbs add up. according to myfitnesspal it says i should be eating 1800 calories a day and 225g of that should be carbs but my avg calorie intake is around 900-1000 and around 50g of carbs. i'm hitting my protein and fat's easily enough but im always around 800 calories short.. must be from the carbs i'm not using. i was diagnosed for 20 months before i started to try and better mysef, i just made light of the situation until i started feeling ill.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher for your kind words, the past month have been a bit of trial and error trying to find what works for me and its quite shocking how fast carbs add up. according to myfitnesspal it says i should be eating 1800 calories a day and 225g of that should be carbs but my avg calorie intake is around 900-1000 and around 50g of carbs. i'm hitting my protein and fat's easily enough but im always around 800 calories short.. must be from the carbs i'm not using. i was diagnosed for 20 months before i started to try and better mysef, i just made light of the situation until i started feeling ill.

I used this app @Brokenbill last year and the year before. I don't need to look at it so often now, but I did a lot to start with. It helped me get on track with carbs and understand them. It is available on Apple and Android. I will just give the google link here.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=stupid+simple+keto&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

I am not on a Keto diet, but low carbs and healthy fats. I don't eat any low fat foods, too much sugar in them.

It might be some help. Others have used different apps.

lindisfel

Expert
My daughter spent four years as a doctor to asylum seekers, which, as a Christian, she felt it was the right thing to do.
Most of the women had suffered terrible abuse and they had seen many violent deaths.
She eventually had to change her work because she was being affected vicariously and it was damaging to her health.
She should have only done two years in the work.
D.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have a friend who also lost 5stone on keto and she wears by it, ty for the link will deffo have a read :)
Yeah, it's all worth a read, and then we choose what we want, or suits our lifestyle even, or family eating patterns @Brokenbill
I live on my own, so I don't have to cater for others, and I think that is easier for me. If I am with a group of people, I have good intentions on eating when with others, but find it difficult to keep to.

Reactions: jjraak