What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all and welcome to October:arghh:. Not ready to test yet so no fbg here. I hope everyone enjoys their day whatever life throws at them. We have 2 granddaughters all day and our grandson to collect from school then feed, water and enjoy all 3 until collected:):):). DIL is using her dog psychology degree skills on one of our pups - Ben - who is a little rugger. Working well and one benefit of living so close.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.20am FBG 6.3
Stress, poor sleep and inappropriate snacking to blame for that.
One hour after breakfast BG 6.1

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Jabs at pharmacy this am for better half and I.
Yesterday was a different day, windy and wet, but today looks like it will be an ok day.
We look forward to a long talk on the phone to our youngest in York tonight.
She text me the other day because grandsons folded outdoor tennis table had blown over in the gales and got damaged, and the garage was damaged as well and other things were not right.
I told the better half and she still worries even though the two of them are 50 and 57.
She then worries and doesn't sleep.

14 year old grandson plays a lot of table tennis and has played in a York club, mens team for c.2 years and Covid19 has rather disrupted his game.

There is not a lot one can do in this Pandemic when they are c.130 miles away.
Her hubby is not good with his hands. She has a maths degree and takes the brunt of all the problems they have, technical and non technical.
I keep forgetting I am not the dynamic man I once was.:)
Finished up having a migraine aura last night when I was doing the rump steak in butter, but it didn't stop me eating it.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lethargic start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of avocado and bacon salad came in at 4.7 this am

Welcome to October, I hope it is a good month for you. I need koffy and possibly a nap.
Just a bit of yesterdays bamboo practice on lining paper this morning.

upload_2020-10-1_8-24-39.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A truly stressful time @gennepher

How worrying, I do wonder if the urgency is more they know their ability to function might be throttled back, as we head deeper into this new wave of covid.

More they WANT to see you to get treatment started ......before they start cancelling appointments for God knows how long,
rather then any imminent danger ?

At least that's what I hope.

I'd be inclined to let doctors know that if you do get stopped, you're giving the police their number so they can call for confirmation of urgency ..might ease any concerns pre journey, and be invaluable if actually stopped.

Good luck & best wishes.

Thank you @jjraak

Something is not well in the state of Denmark...

I really don't know, but I was in total panic mode yesterday, brain refused to function properly.

I am clearing a table in my front room today, to plan with military precision for Monday. This includes keeping me in Flintshire until the last possible minute, thus avoiding main dual carriageway roads and England, and entering Wrexham at the last possible minute, preparing all the stuff I need for the appointment as requested on their list, and much more.

That's an idea...I will have the department's number to give to the police if needed, and more stuff. I am back in control. I was not in control yesterday. I flipped totally, firing off emails to friends which did not make sense to them...

Back in total control today, or at least as much in control as it is for any human being to be. It's all an illusion anyway.

Any more ideas, like phone number of hospital for police is welcome...even silly ideas. I will read them all.

Thanks.

Now the ravens are cawing outside in my garden...not sure if that is a good sign.........

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

Two eldest grandaughters being dropped off here for a couple of hours after school. Will be nice to see them and feed them but as my son points out risky business.

Tesco forage and assault course this morning, I shall hobble around best I can.

Enjoy unraveling the mysteries of your day. Keep safe.
Take care @Muddy Cyclist
Life has to go on in some ways. We need it also for our sanity.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Jabs at pharmacy this am for better half and I.
Yesterday was a different day, windy and wet, but today looks like it will be an ok day.
We look forward to a long talk on the phone to our youngest in York tonight.
She text me the other day because grandsons folded outdoor tennis table had blown over in the gales and got damaged, and the garage was damaged as well and other things were not right.
I told the better half and she still worries even though the two of them are 50 and 57.
She then worries and doesn't sleep.

14 year old grandson plays a lot of table tennis and has played in a York club, mens team for c.2 years and Covid19 has rather disrupted his game.

There is not a lot one can do in this Pandemic when they are c.130 miles away.
Her hubby is not good with his hands. She has a maths degree and takes the brunt of all the problems they have, technical and non technical.
I keep forgetting I am not the dynamic man I once was.:)
Finished up having a migraine aura last night when I was doing the rump steak in butter, but it didn't stop me eating it.
D.

We still think we have that 17 year old's body that can do this dynamic stuff. (I do!) @lindisfel

Maybe it's still good we have that illusion :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a lethargic start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of avocado and bacon salad came in at 4.7 this am

Welcome to October, I hope it is a good month for you. I need koffy and possibly a nap.
Just a bit of yesterdays bamboo practice on lining paper this morning.

View attachment 44386

Oh wow. That works well with the dry brush stroke on lining paper @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you don't fit into these categories please feel free to complain.

This morning a 5.6 on the meter of misbehaving, naughtiness and mystery.

Well fellow posters and painters on this thread, today is the start of a new month and during this month I shall be searching the Internetty for my Christmas goods, sprouts which are in short supply, lights which I have been informed I can get from auld fashioned butchers and festive trees ready for the new rumoured Christmas day 1st Dec.

As our old colonists say " have a nice day ". Now me and me's must go, we have people to annoy on another section of reality.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are no plans currently at my doctorless surgery to give us the flu shot, and I cannot get any at local pharmacies. So looks like I won't get the flu shot this year @jjraak
Maybe this is an experiment? On us?

I shall survive, flu shot or not...
So sorry you are having all this worry over your hospital appointment and now the additional worry about not being able to get a flu shot. Hope all goes well today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Will have that down tomorrow unless there is another crisis today.

I declare today a holiday from crises. Not allowed today. Which means I won't open mail, or email, or any chat apps.

Not having any luck bidding for postcards on eBay this morning. They are going for silly season prices. I wanted some dinosaur postcards (old but interesting ones), for the grandchildren, but the bidding increased to silly levels. I made one last bid doubling my bid into the extreme silly season. But someone leapt in and doubled my silly high bid. Oh well...

Ravens are cawing in my garden. Making a racket.
So what do I paint today?
Cawing Ravens in ZenBrush2

F46F484C-B7FD-4E2E-ACC0-AA1460042E67.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry you are having all this worry over your hospital appointment and now the additional worry about not being able to get a flu shot. Hope all goes well today.

Thank you very much @Krystyna23040

I have declared that today is a National Holiday from Crises, and any Untoward Events...

Hope your day is amazing!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DIL is using her dog psychology degree skills on one of our pups - Ben - who is a little rugger. Wor
Good that your DIL's dog psychology skills are working well. We could have done with her skills when Archie was young as he was a little rugger also.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am getting more days like this lately.
This handling of the Covid crisis by government is unfortunate, and causes knock on effects they had never considered would be a consequence for the people. I think our brains have a lot to adjust to, which we were not prepared for, or rather, didn't have the tools to deal with.

I think we have to daily readjust to a lot @Krystyna23040
And we can become overloaded.