What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still a white frost in the field adjacent to our cottage at 0915.
Not a good time of year to meet in gardens. Just as well since further measures on mixing, short of the NE's, have been taken to stem the tide here. Just two family bubbles can mix at one time as long they are not over six.
But not the law as yet.
Barmy where people have massive gardens but it has to be universally applied.
We broke the law in the last peak, we were talking to our friends in our hamlet when two friends from church were on a six mile walk through, we were socially distanced but broke the law on mixing, chatting together for twenty minutes.
D.

i think we have all been guilty of similar, @lindisfel

i point the finger at cummings.

Once it was clear Johnson thought that was all ok, any trust and belief in them went out the window..
and that happened for many, i think.

we hadn't seen our steph for a few months, so we read up , assessed risks and visited.
naughty...maybe..
but the guiding light is
"what would cummings have done ?"

sadly i think that is what many do, hear the govt, but then think "Is it true, does it apply to me/this situation?

so a no brainer really.

i have said this from early on, but we are really on our own in many ways with this.

"All in it together"...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

oh and do stop Carping on, Mogg, and sit the F down
Man up and pay YOUR fair share.....we all do.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks i'll have a look out for that, i tried to cauli rice in the blender but it was too wet, i didnt squeeze it.. but ive started to just grate it and works a charm :)
a few store tesco M&s, do cauli rice in a microwaveable pouch
2 mins..job jobbed.

for veg i expanded tremendously.
butternut squash, anyone...:D

but in the end it was all too much hassle, so i settled for a rather more limited range of veg.
and cauliflowers isn't high on my list.

broccoli on the other hand..nom nom
green peppers... LOVE that smell
cabbage, swede makes a great mash alternative
and leeks are now a regular go to :)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Storm alex peeing down here in london town this am

surrogate dog, NO likee the rain and wind.
so no walk for him

drop off to work for missus took Ageeeess
new cycle lanes (proper lined and segregated by poles )
now cut a few major a roads into single lane traffic each way.

home now, then off to sunny croydon to cat sit for a few days.

Lauren like a trapped rat, sniffing out all the avenues to still get away from Covid island...:rolleyes::hilarious::hilarious:
so the break is nicely timed...:bag:

bg 6.3
temp 36.6
b12, vit d, zinc, and 2 met for luck.
i should rattle as i walk..:D

breakfast partaken of, delicious.

off to southern climes,
pray for me.;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We called them "bullies" in Lincs.
You sound to be a man for his gin?
D.
Make great Stock Fences. My ex DIL owns a farm which used to be a cattle farm. Although Ex DIL we still go and do the annual pick from these ancient Hedges and of course the benefits of being pricked to death now are all worth it come Christmas. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Once more unto the vets we go.
Poor Cat, more jabs, but essential if he is to come to UK with us. He seems to have run out of other options.
There is still the possibility that the vet might not pass him as fit to travel, when the time comes.
I have stress indigestion and toothache. MrSlim stressed as well. So far our arrangements are chaotic at best, or completely impractcal.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and just to be politically correct Hermaphrodites.

A belated welcome to @Brokenbill and good luck in your endeavour to solve that simultaneous equation with an infinite number of unknowns that is diabetes. Regular testing and a food diary has helped a few posters and also helped a few posters over the cliff of insanity.

A 5.8 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery early this morning for me and me's, quickly followed by a flu jab.

Yesterday I sold Mrs J's car, this time with her blessing, we don't need 2 cars. I expect to hear more frequently the phrase " On yer bike " as Mrs J has taken possession of " my car " without my blessing and knows I have a motorcycle.

Shhhh secret little whisper, Christmas sprouts are going to be rationed in the run up to the rescheduled Christmas day.
Have a great afternoon.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So the final painting for my sister to choose three from, if any. Watercolour A4 about 1 hour.
IMG_3864.JPG

Foreground outof focus, camera shake, all well in painting. :)

Ha don't dental consultation over the phone, how clever is technology I had no idea dentists could see down phones. Anyway more antibiotics for 7 days and no alcohol :( and I had a nice bottle of red waiting for tonight.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Once more unto the vets we go.
Poor Cat, more jabs, but essential if he is to come to UK with us. He seems to have run out of other options.
There is still the possibility that the vet might not pass him as fit to travel, when the time comes.
I have stress indigestion and toothache. MrSlim stressed as well. So far our arrangements are chaotic at best, or completely impractcal.
POOR CAT,
Now microchipped and vaccinated against rabies, he dashed off and hid in the hedge.
MrSlim says it might be days before we see him again.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Flu jab done then little ride along A11 to Brandon Country Park. Both sides of A11 shut down as police arrested hare or deer coursers - huge Alsatian police dog desperate to have a go at the malfeasants. Some very desirable off road trucks and a shed load of police. We were stopped alongside the "action" for 25 mins. Either the BBC are lying or Lord Lardbucket has misspoken again .. but, but, but he wouldn't. That fake news meeja/antifa again.:angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Ah gotcha,
Weeting Heath for Stone Curlews and Lakenheath RSPB for all sorts of stuff including Hobbies and Cranes. Sadly no longer the residence of Golden Orioles in the poplar plantations.
Plenty of very expensive technology overhead.
D.

Flu jab done then little ride along A11 to Brandon Country Park. Both sides of A11 shut down as police arrested hare or deer coursers - huge Alsatian police dog desperate to have a go at the malfeasants. Some very desirable off road trucks and a shed load of police. We were stopped alongside the "action" for 25 mins. Either the BBC are lying or Lord Lardbucket has misspoken again .. but, but, but he wouldn't. That fake news meeja/antifa again.:angelic: