What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you Boris, I have just had to pay for our TV licence after six free years.

I see this latest co** up on track and trace is being called a glitch.
Dido Harding was supposed to be the universal woman for all seasons.
D.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for licence fee. Dido needs the white flag. All an Excel error apparently.
Oh dear - columns or rows - decisions, decisions. Still only £12 billion pounds so difficult to find someone who knows how to work a hundred quid excel spreadsheet for such low wages - wondering if they cheated and used google sheets?

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear - columns or rows - decisions, decisions. Still only £12 billion pounds so difficult to find someone who knows how to work a hundred quid excel spreadsheet for such low wages - wondering if they cheated and used google sheets?
It is those nested ifs guv. Excel only takes 64. Specsave Dom has a far bigger brain than that and needs much more flexible rules. Excel's rules need to understand we are taking back control. If only us minnows could see as clearly as him.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher i may have got this wrong but isn't today the day you have to run the police road blocks and get to that appointment? If so be strong, take care and hope all goes well.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Yes today was the day to run the police road blocks between 3 counties to get to the hospital.

But it was Monsoon season today, the rain was horrendous, difficult to even see when driving. In consequence, there were no police!!!!

I was apprehensive. Very. I had prepared one side of a sheet of typewritten notes, about the event, more or less as I wrote on here, but with a few more gory details I had spared this thread. We talked for about three quarters of an hour. And he asked questions. He realised because of the incompetent pessary change nurse, who caused such trauma to my body, that it was not wise to examine me at this point, because I and my body have not recovered from it. He was satisfied from my answers that it would be fine to wait until the next due pessary change in February. He was dictating a letter to my surgery recommending I be prescribed oestrogen, to try and strengthen and repair the tissues before the hospital took the pessary out next time. And the hospital will now take over my care and change my pessary for me henceforth.

He was a very nice man (why are all gynaecologists men? All those are that I have seen anyway), and he spent a lot of time putting me at ease, and reassuring me. And we had a conversation about cochlear implants because his mum was having the cochlear op soon and he wanted to know about it from a cochlear implantee.

So, I am relieved and happy with how today went, but if I have any problems in the meantime, before February, then I get back in touch.

I was so tired when I got back home I went to bed, and have been sleeping these last 5 hours.

Just going to make a cuppa, and I will read the posts in today's thread.
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose in some ways it's like yoga/ fitness.
We know what to do, and how it makes us feel.

But not all of us do it, so things stiffen up over time,
And for those that DO, the same principles apply, once we stop.

However there is STILL a benefit to starting any exercise / LCHF related diet regime

While we age, that intrnal timer is still running, day after day.
However by taking some precautionary exercise OR diet, to help ameliorate the impact, we may not stop the clock, but pretty sure in some way
We slow that sucker down some.

Tl;dr.
The bodies a sponge.
The wetter it gets
The longer it takes to dry out.

Imho.:bag:
Of course - that makes perfect sense. I teach pilates and it strengthens the body, but if you stop you begin to lose muscle strength and flexibility - especially if you have injuries. If course this is exactly the same.

After I was run over my Consultant said that I had to keep my knee muscles strong. If I didn't I would very quickly be back for major surgery. That was 15 years ago and I am still going strong but I know that if I stop working at it I will have problems. Tackling my T2D is exactly the same. I just hasn't looked at it like that before.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Yes today was the day to run the police road blocks between 3 counties to get to the hospital.

But it was Monsoon season today, the rain was horrendous, difficult to even see when driving. In consequence, there were no police!!!!

I was apprehensive. Very. I had prepared one side of a sheet of typewritten notes, about the event, more or less as I wrote on here, but with a few more gory details I had spared this thread. We talked for about three quarters of an hour. And he asked questions. He realised because of the incompetent pessary change nurse, who caused such trauma to my body, that it was not wise to examine me at this point, because I and my body have not recovered from it. He was satisfied from my answers that it would be fine to wait until the next due pessary change in February. He was dictating a letter to my surgery recommending I be prescribed oestrogen, to try and strengthen and repair the tissues before the hospital took the pessary out next time. And the hospital will now take over my care and change my pessary for me henceforth.

He was a very nice man (why are all gynaecologists men? All those are that I have seen anyway), and he spent a lot of time putting me at ease, and reassuring me. And we had a conversation about cochlear implants because his mum was having the cochlear op soon and he wanted to know about it from a cochlear implantee.

So, I am relieved and happy with how today went, but if I have any problems in the meantime, before February, then I get back in touch.

I was so tired when I got back home I went to bed, and have been sleeping these last 5 hours.

Satisfactory result thanks to Monsoon Alex - good to read that they are taking over your care and that you are both relieved and happy with the outcome.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Twas a hug fur the hassle.
But a blooming WIN
For running the blockades so successfully
AND getting such a lovely doctor.

And to answer your question, in a not too vulgar fashion I hope.

It's where WE came from,
And we spend most of our time thinking about getting close to any one who has one one.

We are simply enthralled.

So more male docs to me makes sense.

Though I would entirely agree , a woman would have superior knowledge .
Perhaps the next generation with a more "fluid" acceptance of coupling, may see that reversed .

Good to see you got there safe AND got decent treatment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Sounds like it was a worthwhile appointment and you are going to be looked after.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Twas a hug fur the hassle.
But a blooming WIN
For running the blockades so successfully
AND getting such a lovely doctor.

And to answer your question, in a not too vulgar fashion I hope.

It's where WE came from,
And we spend most of our time thinking about getting close to any one who has one one.

We are simply enthralled.

So more male docs to me makes sense.

Though I would entirely agree , a woman would have superior knowledge .
Perhaps the next generation with a more "fluid" acceptance of coupling, may see that reversed .

Good to see you got there safe AND got decent treatment.

Thank you @jjraak

It was a very good successful in every way (more than I could have hoped for in the circumstances), but a tiring day.

I can now wind down with more sleep...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another very quiet start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken, chorizo and leek stew came in at 4.9 this am

Turned out to be a bright and sunny day here yesterday, quite warm also and managed just over 6 miles of people avoiding.
National Curry Week begins today, I have a Keralan egg curry in mind, substituting the potato with celeriac.
We have a small leek in the roof of our summer house so it’s off to Screwfix today for a tin of acrylic based goo and a bit of ladder holding and supervising while Mrs Miggins paints herself into a corner.

Tree branch today with a few red leaves, on rice paper. Hope everyone has a great day. Koffy calls.

View attachment 44446

A great tree and autumn leaves @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Sounds like a stressful day but very successful outcome.Delighted for the outcome for you but sorry for the cause and journey. Rest up.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening painters and posters

Many thanks to @gennepher, @dunelm and @Muddy Cyclist for your kind suggestions and comments. I shall pass your recommendations on to Mrs J, but it is extremely unlikely I will be shown her efforts, let alone post them on here.
Once again many thanks.
If she is willing @alf_Josiah we would like to see her efforts. Just tell her she is welcome to post them on here :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, we have no Kitchen or hall floor, all lifted ready for floorman to come and quote. Mrs MC pointed out a flaw (forgive the pun) in all this. Now we have no floor what happens if the quote is too large, I really hadn't considered that possibility. :banghead: Oh well if push comes to shove I will have to go out and collect some old pallets and knock something together. :)

So as I have been on my knees most of the day, art a bit rushed. Walked Moet as sun was setting, Plein Air A5 sketch pad, small box of watercolour one big brush and raining so 5 minutes of bridge over waterfall on Rising Brooke , a bit blotch as Paper was wet and paint merged together. :) Did manage to get the sunset colour though.:joyful:
IMG_3879.JPG