What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher after such a hard day yesterday you still managed to stick to your 2020 resolution and produce a piece of fine art. To my minds eye a rising moon and setting sun in conjunction over a silvery sea.

I so nearly didn't...I was so tired @Muddy Cyclist
But I wasn't going to give up on my daily painting challenge to myself.
I had no thought in my tired brain as my finger just drew on the iPad...
Thank you for the compliment :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr Johnson will tell the Conservative Party's virtual conference he believes that in 10 years' time, "offshore wind will be powering every home in the country".

Hold on to your hats it's suddenly going to get a lot draughtier. :joyful:

...and then suddenly as it came, one day the wind dies down and stops...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 on.this horrible wet morning. Mr K has gone above and beyond the call of duty and is walking the dogs in the pouring rain while I relax in the warm conservatory with a coffee or two (or 3).

Do I feel a bit guilty - yes, but not enough to walk the dogs in the absolutely pouring rain.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg...not telling you because I was so tired driving home yesterday that I stopped for a cheese&onion pastie...I know how much that raises my blood sugar and the knock on effect it has the next day, but I will be back to my normal reading tomorrow morning...but I needed that pastie coming home yesterday, despite having healthy snacks with me...

Painting for today. Playing in ZenBrush2. Used the black paper, and my finger did the picture again. I had no preconceptions of what I was going to do, and my finger drew this. It made me think Kung Fu Cat (Panda). It amused me :)
So here it is ... and now I am still tired, so going back to sleep again...tomorrow I might be normal (some hope...)...

305BC39C-6338-42F5-9C31-96C299996BA8.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning every body I hope you all have a productive and peaceful day.

I had occasion to ring my Endo yesterday over a number of issues related to my Conn's Syndrome, but I wasn't much further forward after she rang me up late afternoon. She feels my exhaustion is not due to Conn's and I should go back and see my doctor.
I am not convinced, but thats what I'll do. My bloods are fine and bp ok.
It is looking like when the pandemic is over I shall go to see an expert in Conn's privately, not just a general endo.

A long church group meeting on Zoom is on the cards this am, which is an enjoyable meeting of our group of retired old men, who if not always wiser, are a chance to have good communication that we all need.

Yesterday was good weather up here again if not a little cool, most of the week looks ok.

Well, Boris has promised a lot of wind generation in the next ten years with us all getting our own supply of wind blown electric for our electric cars and powering our renewable heatsource generation.

Who is this guy who even the wind and waves obey him? :)

What next, feeding all the hungry children on five loaves and two small fishes?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 on.this horrible wet morning. Mr K has gone above and beyond the call of duty and is walking the dogs in the pouring rain while I relax in the warm conservatory with a coffee or two (or 3).

Do I feel a bit guilty - yes, but not enough to walk the dogs in the absolutely pouring rain.

My dogs never liked rain @Krystyna23040

My last dog Meg wouldn't go out in the rain for a walk even with her raincoat on ... if she needed to toilet in the rain, she would shoot out the cat flap, go to her toilet spot, speed toileting, and shoot back in through the cat flap in less than a minute...then dry her fur rubbing up and down the side of the couch...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My dogs never liked rain @Krystyna23040

My last dog Meg wouldn't go out in the rain for a walk even with her raincoat on ... if she needed to toilet in the rain, she would shoot out the cat flap, go to her toilet spot, speed toileting, and shoot back in through the cat flap in less than a minute...then dry her fur rubbing up and down the side of the couch...
We had a Labrador like that. She absolutely hated the rain and wouldn't walk through puddles but would happily leap into a muddy pond or the sea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Business part first - I obviously have an fbg but I don't know it. I know the effect everything I ate and drank yesterday have had on my bg over 5 years - except bone broth (concentrated diluted with boiling water and acv) @ virtually 0 carbs - which is why I had them. It crossed my mind that the several threads available to report fbg and what people ate yesterday are remarkably like this in word and purpose.
We have left undone uneaten those things which we ought to have done eaten ; and we have done eaten those things which we ought not to have done eaten; Are fellow posters good enough or can only Jason Fung give absolution?:angelic:
@Muddy Cyclist I hope the back and tooth don't object to the increase in exercise. @dunelm I hope the new furniture provides as many years of service as the previous. @lindisfel hug for the exhaustion, winner for the spirit shown and allusion to World King's pretentiousness. The trouble with democracy is that certain demographics saddle the rest of us with the leader only they deserve @gennepher I hope today brings rest and a modicum of closure. Oh the delicious irony of me calling someone pretentious:) Have wonderful days, delicious irony is good.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The trouble with democracy is that certain demographics saddle the rest of us with the leader only they deserve
The trouble with NO democracy is ALL demographics can get saddled with a leader they DON'T deserve. I'll stick with democracy at least there is a hope of change. :)

Edit PS. BAck Pain went suddenly, tooth antibiotics working well thank you. I think stretching doing the floor job helped also.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.40am FBG 6.6
Not only late dinner, but cake and then late night snacking on chocolate and cheese.:bag:
The Cat coughed :bigtears:
He is on day five of the eight day antibiotics course.
If he is not passed as fit to travel dont know what we will do. I have lost all confidence in that vet - Have not mentioned before his bloodstained white coat, and filthy surgery. Cat will need another innoculation before he can travel. Legal requirement, but this time a drop on his skin, not a jab.
I had planned to ask my French friend to accompany me to vets, to ask for treatment record.
Now am tempted to try a different vet.
But it is almost too late to change ferry booking, :arghh: without losing £££ and MrSlim is expected to start work Nov 1st. Obviously working from home while in quarantine.
:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The trouble with NO democracy is ALL demographics can get saddled with a leader they DON'T deserve. I'll stick with democracy at least there is a hope of change. :)

Edit PS. BAck Pain went suddenly, tooth antibiotics working well thank you. I think stretching doing the floor job helped also.
Glad the pain has gone. I don't remember voting for Cummings - the price for Boris and Mary's tryst? and exactly which demographic actually deserved any of our last 4 PMs? It has often been said that democracy is the least bad system. Chumocracy is wholly different.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had just started our trip to pick up milk and eggs from the farm when we saw a loose German Shepherd dog. We stopped the car and it ran over to us. She had a collar but no tag so we put it in the back of the car and took it to a local vet to have its chip scanned.
It was such a beautiful and gentle dog and it was so lucky that it hadn't got run over.

It was lovely when we were rescued at Sheringham park, but it felt even better to be the rescuers this time. The vet will let us know if they are able to contact the owners.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.40am FBG 6.6
Not only late dinner, but cake and then late night snacking on chocolate and cheese.:bag:
The Cat coughed :bigtears:
He is on day five of the eight day antibiotics course.
If he is not passed as fit to travel dont know what we will do. I have lost all confidence in that vet - Have not mentioned before his bloodstained white coat, and filthy surgery. Cat will need another innoculation before he can travel. Legal requirement, but this time a drop on his skin, not a jab.
I had planned to ask my French friend to accompany me to vets, to ask for treatment record.
Now am tempted to try a different vet.
But it is almost too late to change ferry booking, :arghh: without losing £££ and MrSlim is expected to start work Nov 1st. Obviously working from home while in quarantine.
:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

I hope it works out whichever vet you go for @SlimLizzy
Having a French friend accompany you to your current vet sounds a good idea.

And checking in with a new vet as well?
This is a dilemma.

Hugs for you and Cat.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We had just started our trip to pick up milk and eggs from the farm when we saw a loose German Shepherd dog. We stopped the car and it ran over to us. She had a collar but no tag so we put it in the back of the car and took it to a local vet to have its chip scanned.
It was such a beautiful and gentle dog and it was so lucky that it hadn't got run over.

It was lovely when we were rescued at Sheringham park, but it felt even better to be the rescuers this time. The vet will let us know if they are able to contact the owners.

Glad you were able to rescue the German Shepherd @Krystyna23040

I hope they find its owner.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I had a similar thing happen when out bike riding a Boarder Collie came over to me and started following me, no one around, no tag on collar but obviously didn't want to leave me. She followed me to Rugeley Town, luckily a traffic free bridleway all the way to the park. I split a spare inner tube tied it around her collar and used it as a lead to get her to the vets she was so good running by my side even when I rode with her on the makeshift lead. Vet scanned her and rang me later to say a very pleased owner had collected her, like you say a good feeling.

Your rescue was also good by the sounds of it, a nice thing to do some owner should be very pleased.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian,
Did you see the T.E.Lawrence biopic?
Wondered what you thought to it?

Churchill obviously thought him a great guy.
D.
I'll google it, thanks. My opinion of Churchill isn't really fit for a family website - rather like asking me what I think of Arsenal or the Chappell brothers - but I can be persuaded to see the good in most people. I've seen Lawrence of Arabia but failed to suspend my disbelief. Are you referring to a more nuanced portrayal?

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm