Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG not good this week, lot of stress eating going on. Surprisingly weight still the same.
49.7kg
Going out side to inspect storm damage now.

Reactions: OzBlossom and DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
83.0kg today
Another 0.5kg and 22kg overall

Been looking daily and it’s amazing how much it fluctuates, but the trend is the important thing

Last edited:
Reactions: OzBlossom and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
50 1kg
Another stressful week far too many carbs, in the form of biscuits and cake, also excess cheese and chocolate. Weight accordingly gone up. This is a bit surprising as has been a high activity week, with lot of digging, cutting wood on chop saw, shifting stuff as we reorganise.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
56kg this morning which is good but BG remains higher than I’d like. Can’t have it all it seems.

SilverK

Hello, I’m new.
Today I weigh 89.3kg. That’s the same as last week. Which is good I guess. - I lost 4 stone in the last 4 months (not on purpose!), had a heart attack two weeks ago and am now on insulin, so I can cope with a bit of staying the same!

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SilverK. hope you are on the mend :)

I weighed 17st 1lb's so thats a 5.5lb loss from last friday, still along way to go but feeling good and positive

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Haven't posted for a while.
I was 136kgs before bariatric Roux en y. Now approx 98kgs but fluctuating by 1-2kgs either way.
Still on basal insulin and only need bolus if metformin has created havoc.
Will weigh in next Friday.
Hi to all. :)

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I'd join in!
Just finished Week 7 of 12 Weeks of <800 low carb program

Another .8kg gone this week and melted another 1.2% body fat
So total loss 7.1kg and 5% body fat in past 7 weeks.

Wish it was more but apparently post menopause makes the weight loss slower AND I need to kick myself in my own pants to improve my exercise adherence still.

Reactions: DJC3

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Not Friday, but kind of a milestone 100kg. My scale actually showed 99 then, nah just kidding lol. So down from the mid 130s since January , I think the muscle number is off since I’ve been weightlifting
D1AC08BF-EEA1-4CD0-B56D-0BA1A1198AE5.jpeg D4AFA7B3-BC5E-4F0E-BAB4-41EFD5D49FEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
How do you measure your metrics Dan? How much more do you want to trim up?
That’s a great question! So the goal until this point was pure weight loss, while not sacrificing lean muscle. The end goal being around 15% - 20% body fat, with as much muscle as possible. It turns out my loose skin may not be as bad as I thought, and I think I can fill the volume.

To date, I’ve been measuring by mirror lol. Not accurate, but I can definitely see my delts, traps, lats, triceps, quads and calves getting bigger, biceps and forearm are actually vascular. Unfortunately I still have belly and butt fat. But from here, I do want to more accurately measure, I’m thinking of using calipers and waistline and hip measurements. Not sure what’s the best way.

I’m on the fence whether I should drop more weight, then build. Or just train hard maintaining my current weight. Keto is super easy, but once I start eating high protein my weight loss stalls. I still have some months on my gym membership, so I’ll continue training for now.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a great question! So the goal until this point was pure weight loss, while not sacrificing lean muscle. The end goal being around 15% - 20% body fat, with as much muscle as possible. It turns out my loose skin may not be as bad as I thought, and I think I can fill the volume.

To date, I’ve been measuring by mirror lol. Not accurate, but I can definitely see my delts, traps, lats, triceps, quads and calves getting bigger, biceps and forearm are actually vascular. Unfortunately I still have belly and butt fat. But from here, I do want to more accurately measure, I’m thinking of using calipers and waistline and hip measurements. Not sure what’s the best way.

I’m on the fence whether I should drop more weight, then build. Or just train hard maintaining my current weight. Keto is super easy, but once I start eating high protein my weight loss stalls. I still have some months on my gym membership, so I’ll continue training for now.

I can "do" questions. :)

So, measuring by mirror gave you 30% fat, or did that come from an app or something?

To be honest, unless you are going to have a body composition DEXA scan, it's probably hard to get anything too, too, absolutely accurate.

Calipers and tapes are the age-old methods and can work, but that's all about consistency of technique really. Similarly with body composition scales, which still can and do vary a bit, but either way it's consistent. Doing things "by eye" can be so misleading. We all have feeling fat days, and sometimes lighting can be a friend or foe.

I wasn't weighed at diagnosis, and then didn't set foot on a scale for about 3 months. The first scale I stepped on was in a hardware store in St John's, Antigua, as I was curious what I weighed, because my clothing was pretty loose. Iy just happened to be a in a cellophane wrapper on the bottom shelf.

I hadn't weighed beforehand, as being someone recovered from a serious eating disorder, I was terrified of re-awakening my demons, and finding myself on a harmful path, but that's another tale, for another day - if you're really unlucky!

When I popped back to the UK for a review (long story, I'll spare you), I bought these scales, as I had reconciled I should monitor a bit, to ensure I was staying somewhere in decent parameters.

The proportions can vary a bit, but like most things, once you've used (almost anything consistent), you'll understand your direction of travel. On these Omrons, I found the visceral fat score to be the one I keep an eagle eye on, looking for it to be, now, unchanged, whereas I have an acceptable variance on the other markers, to allow for day-to-day, real-life living purposes.

These are the model I bought. https://www.omron-healthcare.co.uk/digital-scales/BF511_Blue.html That was over 6 years ago, and there are more like them these days - some with bluetooth apps etc., but for me the hand grasps were important for additional readings.

These days I have a step-on/step-off routine for the scales every day, with a full scan weekly or fortnightly, depending on what the quick peep tells me. It's not the way forward for everyone - nothing is, but it works for me.

Reactions: LaoDan

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I can "do" questions. :)

So, measuring by mirror gave you 30% fat, or did that come from an app or something?

Oh the 30% is from an app, and Apple Health, but it’s just a calculation based on height and weight. The Omron looks like exactly what I need.