Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
All's well here, thank you! Albeit a little weary.

My bloods clearly enjoy me being back in my usual routines, they've not been so well-behaved for months. Whilst I've not been losing any more lockdown weight, I've gone back down a size in both trousers and t-shirts as I'm getting my muscles back in trim with the normal amounts of walking.

I am greatly looking forwards to half term week after next, it must be said, as are the students.

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @karen8967 where are you? I don't like being first!

Looks as if I have a quieter few days for which I'm grateful. If the weather allows I'll be outside gardening, always good for my bg. Hope you're all doing something you like or that at least is bearable, and that bgs behave!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @karen8967 where are you? I don't like being first!

Looks as if I have a quieter few days for which I'm grateful. If the weather allows I'll be outside gardening, always good for my bg. Hope you're all doing something you like or that at least is bearable, and that bgs behave!
Im here hh1 no work so lie in have a good day everyone

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypo City all round today. Student Number 1 was hypo just before lunch - nothing the usual Full Sugar Liquid of choice didn't sort, followed by a decent lunch. Student Number 2 was probably low before lunch but as that one's T2 meds/diet controlled with no means of measuring blood sugars, I contented myself with hoping lunch would sort the dip in student's mood - it did!

I then had a mild one walking home, then a second one three hours after dinner. I am now sitting still, resigned to a possible roller coaster for the next couple of hours. On the other hand, I did feel it was my duty to test the cake which I was in the middle of making when it dawned on me I was possibly hypo again...

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes I wasn't sure whether to give a laugh as it was so opportunistic to be making a cake when going hypo. The decision would be on how big of a sample to try. But I settled on a hug because of all the hypos for the day!

Reactions: Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes I wasn't sure whether to give a laugh as it was so opportunistic to be making a cake when going hypo. The decision would be on how big of a sample to try. But I settled on a hug because of all the hypos for the day!

Luckily it was cupcakes and I tried just the smallest one!

I did wonder if I'd accidentally on purpose had a unit or two too much, to allow for some testing of the cake, but I don't think so - it was a regular evening meal, with a regular amount of insulin gone from the pen. Oh well.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah that's better - Karen's here first! Good morning Karen and everyone else. I'm planning to make the most of the next few days of dry weather here to get some more jobs done in the garden; the forecast for next week is wet. Hopefully my flu jab tomorrow won't have any impact apart from the time it takes to get there, have it done and get back.

Hope your day brings the weather you'd like!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

It’s been a while, I thought I pop on to say hello. Is everyone doing okay?
I’ll make this as a major news headline: my bf finally landed a job and he is starting on Monday. I feel some pressure lifted off my shoulders. I can discuss about reducing my hours soon, well hopefully soon. My managers has made me quite depressed but my work colleagues are lovely though. Long story short, my manager seems to know my diabetes better than I do, she wants me to go back on MDI. But little does she know that I’m doing far much better with the kit that I have now.
As for diabetes side of things, I’m doing much better! Out of the 30 days, 81% TIR and hypos at 3% (quite mild hypos nowadays) but sadly going in the opposite direction and facing highs. I’m still figuring out what to do about it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

It’s been a while, I thought I pop on to say hello. Is everyone doing okay?
I’ll make this as a major news headline: my bf finally landed a job and he is starting on Monday. I feel some pressure lifted off my shoulders. I can discuss about reducing my hours soon, well hopefully soon. My managers has made me quite depressed but my work colleagues are lovely though. Long story short, my manager seems to know my diabetes better than I do, she wants me to go back on MDI. But little does she know that I’m doing far much better with the kit that I have now.
As for diabetes side of things, I’m doing much better! Out of the 30 days, 81% TIR and hypos at 3% (quite mild hypos nowadays) but sadly going in the opposite direction and facing highs. I’m still figuring out what to do about it.

Hey Mei,

Great to hear the news regarding yer BF's enployment.
Your manager has no right instructing on your personal diabetes managment. & is certainly out of line regarding "prescribing" a basal bolus set up..

Stick at it, it'll come good! :)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good to see you Mei, glad your boyfriend's got a job. Madam Diabetes likes to keep us on our toes doesn't she, but great TIR :) well done. Why would your manager want you to go back on mdi when the pump is giving you a much better outcome?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves at @MeiChanski. I had colleagues trying to tell me I should be on a pump when I was newly on MDI. I was very clear how I manage my diabetes is my business.

Reactions: hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves at @MeiChanski. I had colleagues trying to tell me I should be on a pump when I was newly on MDI. I was very clear how I manage my diabetes is my business.

Hi,

Do you mean the immortal line from colleague in the staff room, "there is a pump thing that can do all that for you, these days..." o_O

I usually reply, i have a better chance of becoming "CEO." ;)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mei, great news about your bf, and 81% TIR? I'd take that! Hopefully the fact that you've achieved that'll help to convince you that you're doing okay. Well done, especially this year of all times!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning Karen, morning all, woke on a 4.1, very happy with that. Flu jab today, running some errands whilst I'm out doing that, then back into the garden, weather permitting. The great garden simplification continues....

Hope you all have a good day and bgs behave.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning, and good to see you again @MeiChanski, especially with your good news. Interesting to see that your manager hasn’t changed, one to smile sweetly at and not answer while you do what you know is right. Such a turnaround from all those hypos! Fantastic!
Last time you posted here you’d tested positive for Covid, so it’s good to know you’re doing well now.