1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all, nothing much to report here.
    Autumn looks adorable @Robinredbreast! Very cheering to see that you have four new paws in the house.
    Just two days to go now @Japes, hang in there, it won’t be long. Steer clear of the staff room too, we don’t want to hear that you’ve been caught by the wily virus.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, likewise @Fairygodmother, nothing much to report here. I'd like to be in the garden but it's too wet right now, so boring paperwork it'll have to be.

Have a good day all, and @Japes, not long to go now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Humming along to "One day more".

@Fairygodmother - I only go to our zone's designated staff room for the hot drinks run for our room and we share that task out! I never went to the staff room proper in days gone by really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

My regular opticians do my eye screening so I am well aware that if they feel I need the screening, they would say something. Which is why I booked the regular eye test more promptly than usual once they said they were open for business again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. karen8967

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

When I eat pizza, it's a vegan veggie pizza. Very high carb, but some fat but not high fat as I don't eat cheese. It's a frozen pizza and while they now have an option available with vegan cheese I like the one without and always eat it. I know people say they have a hard time dosing for pizza, high carb, high fat. But mine I have down pat in 3 doses for it. 1/3 a half hour before, a 1/3rd when I eat and a /3 a half hour after and that works really well. There is now a pizza place that is making a pizza with vegan cheese and sofrito instead of a tomato sauce and I tried it last week. Yum..............and now I have discovered the difficulty of dosing for pizza lol.....................It looked like I was doing well, I even added on extended dose to release up to an hour after. Nope it seems to like to hit even later than that and I am thinking I missed guessing at how many carbs too or I need to bolus for some fat too. Or Both. All that vegan cheese does have carbs too and maybe bigger slices and I think I am misjudging ..............

The question is how many times will it take to figure out dosing for it lol..................because boy did I screw up my TIR today!!!!!! I have leftovers, hopefully tomorrow I do better!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Marie 2 loved this description of the trials of eating pizza. Also the fact that it hasn’t put you off, just given you a determination to come up with a better plan. On the rare occasion I succumb, I look at it and say, right off we go then, whose going to win this time. Invariably it’s the pizza!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Been lashing down for most of the morning

Do we really turn the clocks back this weekend? Ooer

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

@Cumberland ....good to see you:).....just had a downpour here ....was beautiful and sunny this morning so got a few hours of gardening in...checking on pots of bulbs including the one my cat has decided to sit in over the summer months...not sure if this will encourage or discourage bulb growth...
    5D0D2D7B-19E6-44C9-BDA5-8ADBC15EED08.jpeg
    ....will have to wait and see...
    As for clocks they do go back at the weekend......what are you going to do with your extra hour?
    Hope everyone else is doing ok and has a good weekend :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. karen8967

Good to see you back my friend x

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nice to see you @Cumberland. Hope you're ok and it's a drier day in your area tomorrow.

Was wet earlier here, and has gone very cold in an evening. Desperately trying to do without any heating after my energy company went bust, and all it's customers are in the process of being transferred to a new one, but finding it a tad chilly last couple of evenings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good weekend FB_IMG_1602569450664.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all, and good to see you @Cumberland.
    How’s Wispa?
    My energy company went bust too @Hopeful34, I wonder if it’s the same one? It was set up as a wonderful venture that was supposed to keep the money in the community and not in the pockets of nameless investors, but sadly it hasn’t worked. I spent ages looking at others and decided to go with one that Which said was excellent rather than the one that bought the failed company.
    Pizza! Maybe it’s the cheese, vegan or otherwise, or maybe it’s the time the base was proving for, or the colour of the baker’s socks that turns it into a rebellious long-stayer. Hope you beat it @Marie 2
    Bloods pretty good here today though I dashed down to get a new Levemir cartridge when I woke as half asleep eyes saw a reading of 13.1. The watlaa had switched from mmoll to mgdl during the night and it was 131: another rebel.

• Like Like x 3
  15. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, yesterday just went missing! Currently have the man here installing my fitted spare room furniture; he started at 8 yesterday and today, but yesterday meant being on hand for a few things and was outside for the rest of it, avoiding the music of saws, drills and hammers.

@Cumberland, yes, good to see you and fairygodmother beat me to it - how's the adorable Wispa?

Bgs a bit up and down, partly more/less exercise than anticipated but apart from all that, nothing to report here. And @Molly56 I'm planning to have a lie-in tomorrow!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Autumn breezed in and brought happiness to myself and my daughter, she's a cutie pie :cat:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Robinredbreast

She has made the house a home again :happy::joyful::cat:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Robinredbreast

Autumn, just chillin'

DSC_2803 - Edited.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Robinredbreast

Afternoon guys, it's been a busy week, but chilling out this weekend and no work next week as it's half term.
    Wet, windy and dark here, but not going out this weekend, need to catch up on clearing the leaves, they all seem to land in my front and back garden, but I will probably do that tomorrow.
    Hope you are all keeping well and staying safe :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Robinredbreast

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook