What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am just idly watching You Tube this afternoon. I have done a bit too much chopping down of the garden this morning. Got no sense of balance left...

Anyway, I watched this (my Android gives me full subtitles). But that is not why I am posting this.

At 2:25 in this video was a tiny video clip, of exactly the same instance of when us kids were sprayed with that white mist DDT in the 1950's that @Alien Aspie posted that photo from. What are the odds of that?

Just struck a chord with me.

The You Tube video...

lindisfel

Expert
World leading and after no deal green banana suppliers will prosper mightily - just no from me.

We shall have a World leading fishing industry after brexit and all our boats will have World beating track and trace systems to locate French boats illegally fishing in our waters.:)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick art from me today Plein Air on our walka bit of a splodge trying to capture Autumn grass and ferns reflected in water, about 10 minutes as family didn't want to hang around, I had to catch them up :) I can still run if I have to.:oops:

So here it is a watercolour splodge.... I will use the idea in a foreground of an Autumn painting...
IMG_3934.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick art from me today Plein Air on our walka bit of a splodge trying to capture Autumn grass and ferns reflected in water, about 10 minutes as family didn't want to hang around, I had to catch them up :) I can still run if I have to.:oops:

So here it is a watercolour splodge.... I will use the idea in a foreground of an Autumn painting...
View attachment 44683

Amazing watercolour splodge @Muddy Cyclist

I love the abstractness of it :)

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.1 yesterday and 4.5 today

the list of posts to read builds up quickly ;)

spending today sorting out shoes (I'm not quite Imelda Marcos but I do have a 'few' pairs :hilarious: )

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - poor cat, Katy hates being restrained for travelling too :(

@ianpspurs - with reference to 'transit' issues, I personally don't find extra fibre is extra helpful, what is helpful to me is a very small quantity of andrew's liver salts before bed, usually helps the next morning, interestingly it's a magnesium salt so perhaps that's what's helpful.

@dunelm - lovely chrysanthemum, those petals are not easy to get right in one stroke and your 2 works today are interesting, I like how the ink/water interaction has created new textures.

The 'jetty' is actually a long, thin, low lying landspit, it only stands out like that in the distance when the mist is behind it, there are now a couple of houses out there and what used to be a mussel fishing station where the original ferry house used to be.

@lindisfel - lots of peat country up here too ;), lovely autumn colours.

@Alien Aspie - interesting textures in that piece of art and a subject after my own heart ;)

@JohnEGreen - interesting photos as usual :)

@gennepher - hugs for your 'wobble', it's not pleasant the way they can suddenly appear. Winner for your art though, it's a hopeful glimps of light ahead :)
Your mystical moon is compelling, also a bit spooky, it looks like there is a pair of glowing eyes in the edge of the darkness, not threatening but just a bit watchful :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the loss of your auntie, I feel so lucky we're mum's support so at least we get to see her every few days.

Your Rannoch Moor is lovely, I especially like the masterly use you have made of that subtle palette. and your 'plein air' is a joyous burst of colour, I look forward to your 'autumn' works :joyful:

art bit - still playing catch up and need to get the scanner out ;)

this is the waterfall I mentioned having a go at painting previously, this was done from a photo found on the internet.
upload_2020-10-17_17-52-44.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert

spending today sorting out shoes (I'm not quite Imelda Marcos but I do have a 'few' pairs :hilarious: )

@ianpspurs - with reference to 'transit' issues, I personally don't find extra fibre is extra helpful, what is helpful to me is a very small quantity of andrew's liver salts before bed, usually helps the next morning, interestingly it's a magnesium salt so perhaps that's what's helpful.

@dunelm - lovely chrysanthemum, those petals are not easy to get right in one stroke and your 2 works today are interesting, I like how the ink/water interaction has created new textures.

The 'jetty' is actually a long, thin, low lying landspit, it only stands out like that in the distance when the mist is behind it, there are now a couple of houses out there and what used to be a mussel fishing station where the original ferry house used to be.

@Alien Aspie - interesting textures in that piece of art and a subject after my own heart ;)

@gennepher - hugs for your 'wobble', it's not pleasant the way they can suddenly appear. Winner for your art though, it's a hopeful glimps of light ahead :)
Your mystical moon is compelling, also a bit spooky, it looks like there is a pair of glowing eyes in the edge of the darkness, not threatening but just a bit watchful :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the loss of your auntie, I feel so lucky we're mum's support so at least we get to see her every few days.

Your Rannoch Moor is lovely, I especially like the masterly use you have made of that subtle palette. and your 'plein air' is a joyous burst of colour, I look forward to your 'autumn' works :joyful:

this is the waterfall I mentioned having a go at painting previously, this was done from a photo found on the internet.
View attachment 44692

Yes geefull,
I have not been to the Flow country.
It was one of the best carbon sinks on the planet until they got the Wogans and Richards of this world to sink and shelter their money into converting it to blanket regimented pine forest.
Now they are trying to re-establish the flows.... the home of Common Scoter, Red-throated Diver and Greenshank.
regards
Derek

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Ah. Thanks for that information @Alien Aspie

Now on to the crumpet research...
Looked up Crumpets in Carbs and Cals Counter.
20201017_191707.jpeg
20201017_191651.jpeg

Used to love crumpets, but always regarded them as an excuse to have that much maligned product- BUTTER. Lots of it. Sometimes would melt a slice of mature cheddar over the top of the butter. Fatbomb. Ofc at the time this was regarded as unhealthy.

lindisfel

Expert
Looked up Crumpets in Carbs and Cals Counter.View attachment 44693View attachment 44694
Used to love crumpets, but always regarded them as an excuse to have that much maligned product- BUTTER. Lots of it. Sometimes would melt a slice of mature cheddar over the top of the butter. Fatbomb. Ofc at the time this was regarded as unhealthy.
We called them Pikelets in Lincoln and toasted them on an open fire with a wire toasting fork then filled all the holes with melting butter. One was never enough!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looked up Crumpets in Carbs and Cals Counter.View attachment 44693View attachment 44694

So a round crumpet has less carbs than a square crumpet...

One crumpet never used to be enough...

I love melted cheese on top...

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

lindisfel

Expert

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing watercolour splodge @Muddy Cyclist

I love the abstractness of it :)
Thank you I did enjoy splodging. :joyful:

View attachment 44692

Thank you. Your waterfall is wonderful so much movement in the water and the rocks are amazing. I also like the small flows of water trickling over the rock, very good.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

MarkHaZ123

Crumpets are a nightmare for me for some reason

I was 6.2 the other night and had 2 crumpets before bed with butter and jam on.
I would have this day or night and I take 4 units for it.
I woke up about 2 hours later and I had dropped to 2.4 and shaking like crazy. Very strange how I had this happen to me that night but it has never happened before. I couldn't account for why it dropped so low when I thought I'd taken less than what was actually needed