What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DannyMac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Breakfast Bran Flakes Greek Yoghurt Espresso
Lunch Ryvita Banana
Dinner Fish in Breadcrumbs Salad

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And finally....

Roasted a whole celeriac - just washed, not peeled or chopped - about an hour and a half in the moderate oven. Tomorrow I will cut it in slices and fry them in butter. I don't actually like celeriac very much, but need to have some veggies that don't really upset my insides.

I've realised I've been using you guys as replacement friends and chatting away too much. Remiss of me. Sorry. But have realised too that low carbing isn't helping me really, so I'm off. Shan't bother you again.

Daresay I shall miss you all, but I'll cope. I have Neil and Em.
Nooo! I think its just a matter of using the right thread....we are worried about you

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@PenguinMum you are being sarcastic describing raking acorns as pleasant, riiiight?? If not, PLEASE share your secret. We have a number of leaf rakes metal and plastic, and a garden rake, and the acorns bounce around giggling and ask to be picked up one by one if we please.
@Annb what a gem of an Em!! She may well make an excellent vet!
@squashiefolks I'm going to vote Tatume/a based on this photo (please little forum, accept my photo...). Note the immature vs the mature. Called calabacita in Mexico.
IMG_1603231265.421993.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lovely people,

This topic has been organised as a celbration & exchange in ideas on food. Specifically set up in the LC diet sub fora.

In the spirit of good will on this thread. Let's keep mouths watering & other "subject matter" in the appropriate elsewhere...

Kind regards.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hadn’t realised how late it was so posting quickly before I forget what I’ve eaten.
Black coffee until around 1pm
2 chicken wings and 1 leg from a roast chicken I cooked this morning to use in a recipe later in the week. Followed it with a DGF ginger cake.
Dinner was a made up sort of fish pie - smoked haddock topped with sautéed peppers, mushrooms and onion, then cheese and double cream then sliced courgettes brushed with melted butter. Baked for around 20 mins. Very tasty.
DGF raspberry bakewell afterwards and a bit of Montezumas 100% after that.
@zauberflote I’m definitely a pot likker! I haven’t noticed Mars, is it quite visible at the moment? must look out for it when I take Dennis out for his last wee.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
In the process of researching whether sourdough starter can be made with flax meal, I ran across an article that had two things for me: 1: a flax bread with only (very very fine-ground) flax, baking powder, and water. 2: the fact that flax contains a carcinogen in addition to all the good stuff, and some UK authority has named 5 tbsp/day as the top limit. Also it has phyto-estrogens, which is bad in my own case because my mom had breast cancer, estrogen-receptor-positive. Now what do I do??!! I eat flax because it's VLC, packed with fiber that my body uses appropriately, and has a flavor I really enjoy. Arrgghh.
@Annb there is a "full-on chat" thread in... somebody help me out plz? It's called What Was Your FBG (full-on chat), so chatting is in the thread title. I don't want you to disappear! I am learning much about grandmothering and enjoy your presence!!
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, <2 sq Lindt 90%, phytoestrogenic flax crisps with phytoestrogenic soymilk. Can't win fer losin' here with my plant foods.
Lunch or something more peanut butter than I'd planned
Supper yet to come, will have spinach/hm dressing and flax crisps/dilute soy. Maybe blue cheese if there's enough for two...
@Jaylee this is awful to ask but could you re-punctuate your last sentence for me please? I am not sure if I'm supposed not to comment on how good another poster's food sounds here. ("Mouths watering & other 'subject matter'[...]elsewhere...") Also please forgive my guidance to another thread for Annb.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And finally....

Roasted a whole celeriac - just washed, not peeled or chopped - about an hour and a half in the moderate oven. Tomorrow I will cut it in slices and fry them in butter. I don't actually like celeriac very much, but need to have some veggies that don't really upset my insides.

I've realised I've been using you guys as replacement friends and chatting away too much. Remiss of me. Sorry. But have realised too that low carbing isn't helping me really, so I'm off. Shan't bother you again.

Daresay I shall miss you all, but I'll cope. I have Neil and Em.

Oh Ann, I’m so sorry to read this. Please come back if you feel you can.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Annb -- Please stay, we'd really miss you loads.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with turkey salami and Caesar's dressing (actually meant to put mayonnaise on it, but mixed up the jars).

Dinner: A piece of cheese to tie me over. Later lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and 150g of pan fried quail breasts. Some red wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure if I'm supposed not to comment on how good another poster's food sounds here.

Hi there

Just to be clear, this thread has always included plenty of chatter, friendly support and comment on the menus/meals of others as well as suggestions around appropriate - food related - kitchen gadgetry. That is all fine, where the main focus is on the food and what has been eaten. After all, reading endless posts that are essentially lists would be no fun.

As a ‘mod’ who has been a ‘regular’ on thread for a while, I hate having to ‘step in’ here as it’s a great thread which is a personal favourite precisely because of the friendliness and exchange of ideas. It’s just a matter of balance.

So swiftly moving on, I’m downing a morning cup of Teaolat with cream (said foodstuff about to be ditched as a trial) and a glass of iced water.

Fridge is full of an array of possible dinners following a bumper delivery from Morrison’s. Shall it be lamb ribs, poussin, lamb shoulder...choices, choices!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just popping in to say last night I had two Birds Eye veggie burgers each topped with a fried egg for supper. I know I have lost my taste quite a bit but they were so disappointing. Even if they had more seasoning it would have helped. I chose them because they were very LC compared to other brands. Just removed them from the next C&C.
Today had my usual brekkie of slice of HiLo toast, butter and tea.
Lunch will be a bowl of the green veggie soup still going and a chunk of cheese.
Supper will be courgetti and a small portion of beef chilli.

@Annb I hope so much you stick around. I always enjoy your posts and with so many health challenges you deserve the camaraderie. You always talk about introducing all kinds of different foods in your life at different times, so you get my vote!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb glad we PMd. B=Tea; 11.00 am: AM Latte; L: Bone broth (add 2 dollops, boiling water and much acv to a massive mug) and 2 slices M toast.; EM = Venison - from a haunch - and roasted veggies, gravy. I had the downhill (plenty of salad when the weather was hot) so uphill now for a few months. LC was never going to work today; colder,wet but I didn’t just shy away and fast. I found a kind of hack so we move on. Sorry about the veggie burgers @PenguinMum. Advent Calendar ordered

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breaky / brunch

Porridge made with milk and nob of butter and a back coffee.

Dinner made caprese salad with buffalo mozzarella and left over tabbelah and a few olives.

Black coffee

greek yoghurt with strawberries

Atkins endulge bar caramel nut

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD+ today.

Brunch was a few individual portions of cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese followed by some almond butter which had found its way into my desk drawer, plus a couple of pieces of Montezuma’s absolute black with orange and cocoa nibs. Also in my desk drawer - had forgotten it was there!

Dinner was the most delicious, and enormous, lamb ribs from yesterday’s Morrison’s delivery. Rubbed with salt and lemon pepper (should have used more of that), then air fried. Really yummy!

A4125705-4B40-4B22-8643-47171C326C14.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B : 3 egg omelette with gouda and mozzarella. Nice and stringy but so little flavour

Skipped lunch but did have a wet walk with a friend

D: roast duck (first I've ever cooked) with roasted butternut squash, some broccoli and a little kale. Tried cooking some extra duck skin in the airfryer to make crackling but it wouldn't quite crisp up. Still tasted good though but had to be eaten straightaway, not kept

mr_cat

lamb liver, not had it for a while and thought my diet need more hi power nutrient bombs. normally eat mostly minced beef cheese n eggs. The liver was very nice, sliced flash fried in in butter with onion and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top after. :)
first time adding to this thread but enjoyed the meal much just wanted to share the joy!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lamb liver, not had it for a while and thought my diet need more hi power nutrient bombs. normally eat mostly minced beef cheese n eggs. The liver was very nice, sliced flash fried in in butter with onion and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top after. :)
first time adding to this thread but enjoyed the meal much just wanted to share the joy!

Welcome to the thread. I haven’t managed to get to like liver yet. Minced beef, cheese and eggs (all in one pan in my case) is always good.