Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I just hate new sensors.
Mine seems to have settled now, phew! LibreLink and Watlaa show the same, 5.9. It’s taken a bit of time but this sensor now agrees with the calibrations. It must be a goodie. It’ll be hard to part with it when the fourteen and a half days are up.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Robin - I don't know what level of access you have to your medical records, but I recently had x-rays on my hands, as I'd been having pain. I had the x-rays on the Thursday, mid- afternoon and a similar text on the Friday morning, when I was out walking for the day.

When I got home, I looked on my record, where I could read the radiologist's report, in full, so at least I knew what was on the table for discussion.

Would you be able to see yours (if you wanted to)?

Thanks I would like to see the results, I did get access to my medical records a while back but I don't think I actually used it. So I will call my surgery tomorrow and ask about my log in details.

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine seems to have settled now, phew! LibreLink and Watlaa show the same, 5.9. It’s taken a bit of time but this sensor now agrees with the calibrations. It must be a goodie. It’ll be hard to part with it when the fourteen and a half days are up.

The stars must be aligned... Mine don't seem to need too much tickling either? Nothing scatty happening.
Though I work with calibrating the watch first since getting it back in July. Then look at the interpretation on the phone?
There is a Watlaa app. & I managed to update the firmware when I first got it & synch the time & date.. But when it comes to the calibration fuction. I don't get it..

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The stars must be aligned... Mine don't seem to need too much tickling either? Nothing scatty happening.
Though I work with calibrating the watch first since getting it back in July. Then look at the interpretation on the phone?
There is a Watlaa app. & I managed to update the firmware when I first got it & synch the time & date.. But when it comes to the calibration fuction. I don't get it..
I went straight to the App Store. I couldn’t find a watlaa app. Is it for iOS or Android?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went straight to the App Store. I couldn’t find a watlaa app. Is it for iOS or Android?

Android. Couldn't remember where I found it. Just checked. On the "play store."
The firmware on the watch needed updating to "05.1????" Used the app..

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling

Lucky duck.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wanted to announce I have been between 4 and 8.5 for 24 hours with hardly a kink in it. Despite a lovely mid afternoon meal and glass of red. Really didn’t want to eat breakfast this morning and spoil it lol!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brilliant Becca! I bet it felt good too; there’s nothing better than the cheerful physical delight of ‘normal’ blood sugars. All those endonormal people just don’t know how lucky they are!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good mornin’ all. 4.2 this morning, not too bad, but I’ve still not got the kickback from the gap between a Fiasp dose for supper declining and the Levemir slow awakening sorted. One day. Even the 9 one night and 9.5 the next for Levemir doesn’t properly iron it out. Becca, I’m very envious.
Off to navigate the supermarket shelves today to get some more food for Big Brian. I might pick up a treat or two for us while I’m there, and have a look at the books on the limited shelves. Every now and again there are some good ones, but in the main they’re not really what I desire to keep imaginative alternative living going during another close look at home and garden. There was an Atwood a few weeks ago which has now been passed to older daughter, and a Pullman. I’m really hoping Pullman remains healthy enough to complete the third volume of his Book of Dust.
Have a decent day everyone.

Stefp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too am having a good day after a few bad ones that did not make any sense! Just happened on this thread and thought - yes , why not celebrate a good blood sugar day by sharing.
Woke up with 4.6 this morning and have managed to keep it fairly steady since - 5.1 after a breakfast of an almond milk latte until lunch time, 7.1 after a lunch of poached eggs on avocado and spinach and now 7.3 after a glass of wine and a dinner of roasted garlic, capsicum, mushrooms and chipotle finished with 2 squares of dark chocolate melted and mixed with double cream ! Happy days!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So 34 hours and counting. Still in range. In fact skirting a 5.5 for about 6 hours which included a 3 hour walk on Holkham beach. It is too spooky! Have I done anything any different? Absolutely not! You couldn’t make it up.

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, busy yesterday with a grocery shop (scheduled before the lockdown announcement let me add!), various errands, emails, paperwork and phone calls. A lot of this was to do with my spare room, where there are problems with the new furniture, plus a phone call to say that the carpet fitting on 27 November is postponed till who knows when as the store (a small independent local carpet store, very good) is closing for 4 weeks of lockdown, and no new date booked yet.

I'm not sure what I think of this, though I do know that one of the things I was highly aware of earlier this year was how lucky we were to have decent weather for the first lockdown. So what I do thinkis that it'll be harder this time, though I do have a lot of things lined up that I want/need to do that I didn't do before as I was outside whenever I could be and avoiding the heat when it was too hot (what a strange notion that seems this morning!). I'll still be outside when I can, a lot of garden re-organisation going on, but that's been very little lately due to the very wet weather down here.

Hope you're all ready for what's coming, and those of you who'll still be working will be staying safe.

Reactions: SueJB and karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all. 5.3 on waking today, hooray.
The imminent lockdown’s already had an effect here even though according to the numbers published there are fewer cases than the national average. My Tuesday walking friend, who’s admittedly on the wrong side of 75, has decided to start her lockdown now. She’s been scared by the number of others who have flocked to the places near her house where we usually go. She wasn’t this nervous when we were younger; she travelled on her own across the globe.
Have a good day everyone, and don’t get too wet or blown about.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I ran low all late afternoon and evening. Either the frozen vegan pad thai I ate and was mislabeled or my system decided to be screwy. Other than dosing for the exact amount on the box no extra insulin, but definitely extra food, a bite of candy, a little soymilk, small amount of OJ as I kept hoping a small amount of hypo food would work. Finally a cup of lentil soup solved it. It wasn't from snorkeling as that would have explained it, I'm really wondering if they had their carbs off on the frozen dinner. It had a large amount listed (63) so if it was off that could explain it.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ran low all late afternoon and evening. Either the frozen vegan pad thai I ate and was mislabeled or my system decided to be screwy. Other than dosing for the exact amount on the box no extra insulin, but definitely extra food, a bite of candy, a little soymilk, small amount of OJ as I kept hoping a small amount of hypo food would work. Finally a cup of lentil soup solved it. It wasn't from snorkeling as that would have explained it, I'm really wondering if they had their carbs off on the frozen dinner. It had a large amount listed (63) so if it was off that could explain it.
ive been like this for the last couple of days marie2,struuggling to keep numbers up no different routine ,the mind boggles ;)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @karen8967 it's good to be reminded there might never be a why................lol I really wanted to blame mislabeling and that is probably not it.