1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

The stars must be aligned... Mine don't seem to need too much tickling either? Nothing scatty happening.
    Though I work with calibrating the watch first since getting it back in July. Then look at the interpretation on the phone?
    There is a Watlaa app. & I managed to update the firmware when I first got it & synch the time & date.. But when it comes to the calibration fuction. I don't get it..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I went straight to the App Store. I couldn’t find a watlaa app. Is it for iOS or Android?

3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Android. Couldn't remember where I found it. Just checked. On the "play store."
    The firmware on the watch needed updating to "05.1????" Used the app..

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lucky duck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day and hugs to all who need them

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just wanted to announce I have been between 4 and 8.5 for 24 hours with hardly a kink in it. Despite a lovely mid afternoon meal and glass of red. Really didn’t want to eat breakfast this morning and spoil it lol!

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. Fairygodmother

Brilliant Becca! I bet it felt good too; there’s nothing better than the cheerful physical delight of ‘normal’ blood sugars. All those endonormal people just don’t know how lucky they are!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fairygodmother

Good mornin’ all. 4.2 this morning, not too bad, but I’ve still not got the kickback from the gap between a Fiasp dose for supper declining and the Levemir slow awakening sorted. One day. Even the 9 one night and 9.5 the next for Levemir doesn’t properly iron it out. Becca, I’m very envious.
    Off to navigate the supermarket shelves today to get some more food for Big Brian. I might pick up a treat or two for us while I’m there, and have a look at the books on the limited shelves. Every now and again there are some good ones, but in the main they’re not really what I desire to keep imaginative alternative living going during another close look at home and garden. There was an Atwood a few weeks ago which has now been passed to older daughter, and a Pullman. I’m really hoping Pullman remains healthy enough to complete the third volume of his Book of Dust.
    Have a decent day everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Stefp

Stefp Type 1 · Active Member

I too am having a good day after a few bad ones that did not make any sense! Just happened on this thread and thought - yes , why not celebrate a good blood sugar day by sharing.
    Woke up with 4.6 this morning and have managed to keep it fairly steady since - 5.1 after a breakfast of an almond milk latte until lunch time, 7.1 after a lunch of poached eggs on avocado and spinach and now 7.3 after a glass of wine and a dinner of roasted garlic, capsicum, mushrooms and chipotle finished with 2 squares of dark chocolate melted and mixed with double cream ! Happy days!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. becca59

So 34 hours and counting. Still in range. In fact skirting a 5.5 for about 6 hours which included a 3 hour walk on Holkham beach. It is too spooky! Have I done anything any different? Absolutely not! You couldn’t make it up.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, busy yesterday with a grocery shop (scheduled before the lockdown announcement let me add!), various errands, emails, paperwork and phone calls. A lot of this was to do with my spare room, where there are problems with the new furniture, plus a phone call to say that the carpet fitting on 27 November is postponed till who knows when as the store (a small independent local carpet store, very good) is closing for 4 weeks of lockdown, and no new date booked yet.

I'm not sure what I think of this, though I do know that one of the things I was highly aware of earlier this year was how lucky we were to have decent weather for the first lockdown. So what I do thinkis that it'll be harder this time, though I do have a lot of things lined up that I want/need to do that I didn't do before as I was outside whenever I could be and avoiding the heat when it was too hot (what a strange notion that seems this morning!). I'll still be outside when I can, a lot of garden re-organisation going on, but that's been very little lately due to the very wet weather down here.

Hope you're all ready for what's coming, and those of you who'll still be working will be staying safe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Fairygodmother

Good morning all. 5.3 on waking today, hooray.
    The imminent lockdown’s already had an effect here even though according to the numbers published there are fewer cases than the national average. My Tuesday walking friend, who’s admittedly on the wrong side of 75, has decided to start her lockdown now. She’s been scared by the number of others who have flocked to the places near her house where we usually go. She wasn’t this nervous when we were younger; she travelled on her own across the globe.
    Have a good day everyone, and don’t get too wet or blown about.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I ran low all late afternoon and evening. Either the frozen vegan pad thai I ate and was mislabeled or my system decided to be screwy. Other than dosing for the exact amount on the box no extra insulin, but definitely extra food, a bite of candy, a little soymilk, small amount of OJ as I kept hoping a small amount of hypo food would work. Finally a cup of lentil soup solved it. It wasn't from snorkeling as that would have explained it, I'm really wondering if they had their carbs off on the frozen dinner. It had a large amount listed (63) so if it was off that could explain it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. karen8967

ive been like this for the last couple of days marie2,struuggling to keep numbers up no different routine ,the mind boggles ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Thanks @karen8967 it's good to be reminded there might never be a why................lol I really wanted to blame mislabeling and that is probably not it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Fairygodmother

Ah, it’s good afternoon now. Good afternoon everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yep, afternoon here too, beautiful sunny day though a frost this morning.

@karen8967 and @Marie 2 I've been having a great run of good numbers this week, not suffering lows like you, but all of a sudden bang! woke to an 11 this morning. Why? You tell me. No unusual food, nothing out of the ordinary, couldn't even be the socks as I don't wear them in bed. Ah the mysteries of T1......

• Like Like x 2
  20. becca59

Ah @hh1 so it was the bed socks that gave me a 13 in the middle of the night. I did wonder after 40 hours between 3.9 and 8.5. Cold feet it is tonight then.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook