1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Maybe today is some kind of international sensor change day. Mine is done today too. So maybe the next 3 days will be of questionable data. Oh well.

“Questionable data” beats “no data”.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Charge now at 91% for both the MM and the watlaa, how often will that happen: conjunction of the stars (hums the tune of The Age of Aquarius to get in the mood).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Fairygodmother

FD5A92E4-EAD6-45C9-9396-844BDBF4D8B1.jpeg FD5A92E4-EAD6-45C9-9396-844BDBF4D8B1.jpeg A drop of insulin fell from the needle to my iPad screen FD5A92E4-EAD6-45C9-9396-844BDBF4D8B1.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fairygodmother

One day I’ll get the hang of this uploading images thingy

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

FB_IMG_1603107452053.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Afternoon, i was busy going through some paperwork this morning, then I did the ironing. The weather was atrocious up until about 2 o'clock, but sun is shining brightly now.
    Boris is speaking to the nation at 4 pm, so I will now go and have a nice soak in the bath, then tea and listen to Boris :(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Six Nations matches - I've decided I will ignore Boris until I'm ready as I may well break the TV with a combination of 3 matches to yell at, and The Current State of Things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween! I mean no offense to those who don't celebrate it.. But it's usually a fun day in the US with Costumes and Costume contests, Parties, and Trick or Treating. Churches in the past would put on Harvest Day Parties. There was a huge church where I used to live in Calif that put on a huge festival with bands and games and tents with crafts, costume contests and gave out candy. But this year I don't know of any doing anything that includes gatherings. Some states/areas aren't allowing Trick or Treating, some have rules in place but it's different all over.

Our state is saying no trick or treating please, but letting the actual islands decide. On our island because we have had so few cases, no parties but Trick or Treating is allowed for kids in family groups of no more than 5 and to practice social distancing. They are still pushing to do things at home like watch a scary movie, have scavenger hunts etc. We usually really decorate and have things that scare kids but we have decided on muting everything. Our neighborhood had a few places that really decorated it up. And all looks less this year. We have put up a more limited display across the front and will put out predone bags of candy on a table for the kids. to grab themselves. We had 500-600 kids last year, we really don't know what to expect so I only made up 300 bags because I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of candy I don't eat and my husband shouldn't.

We're not getting near anyone lol..................We will dump more candy bags on the table when needed, but I'm not going to monitor it. We have let kids just grab candy in the past and it mostly works out fine. You have a few, usually teens who aren't supposed to be trick or treating anyways (our island has an age limit, but not enforced) that are the ones that will grab more, but it's usually only a few.

I will miss seeing all the kids and the shrieking and laughing and the parents coxing young kids to go up and get candy. Hopefully next year will be different.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #28968 Marie 2, Oct 31, 2020 at 10:03 PM
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  9. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, yes! got a bit of sunshine yesterday, not a lot but I'll take anything at the moment. I'd be happy just to walk under dry skies.

I always knew we were lucky with the weather during the first lockdown. I'm not looking forward to four weeks in wind and rain. Fingers crossed lockdown has an impact and the weather improves a bit. @LooperCat how are things with you (and your colleagues)?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fawbs89

Fawbs89 · Active Member

I'd feel on the edge of hypo at 5s all day... I like to be about 7 then I feel good

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning guys, it's been a while how is everyone and hello to anyone who is new here

• Like Like x 6
  13. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Robin - I don't know what level of access you have to your medical records, but I recently had x-rays on my hands, as I'd been having pain. I had the x-rays on the Thursday, mid- afternoon and a similar text on the Friday morning, when I was out walking for the day.

When I got home, I looked on my record, where I could read the radiologist's report, in full, so at least I knew what was on the table for discussion.

Would you be able to see yours (if you wanted to)?

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Fairygodmother

Mornin’ all. Well here we go again, and yes, @hh1, let’s hope for a bit of dry weather. I was too late to Lidl to get the waterproof hiking boots, but I fear my yellow welly joyfuls will be having their days. I love the yellow wellies, but would happily forego them for some drier weather.
    @LooperCat, hope it’s not been tough going. How are you?
    Welcome back @chris85 type 1, and @Fawbs89, the ‘is the 5 going to descend’ feeling’s familiar. Hooray for alarms!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jollymon

Wind is seriously “up” here. There won’t be getting out on my bike today because of it. Swells out on the water are supposed to be huge. Will have to see how clean they are and maybe do that instead of riding.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jollymon

I know- we’re supposed to trust the “trend line” and not the “number” for a new sensor.

It would be easier to disregard the number if it weren’t there until the sensor was working properly.

We aren’t numbers. We are trends. We just need to be trending in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jollymon

I just hate new sensors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Sighs very, very deeply and tries desperately to summon up enough enthusiasm for the next few weeks. I'd devised some energetic indoor projects for the next enforced time at home... Except - as far as I can tell, I will be at work, unless I get ill or put in quarantine.

I've just altered my church's social media to alert people to the fact there will be no church services in the building for the next few weeks. (I'm waiting for the flak when people realise (1) that means no Remembrance Sunday Service, though in our bit of the world the war memorial bit is done by the British Legion, (2) because I'm still at work, I won't be doing any of the additional things I did last time to try and cover some of what we'd've done in church, (3) the nursery who use the church hall can carry on...)

And yes, my blood sugars are not liking any of this at all! Still, I think I've beaten them back down for just now.

• Hug Hug x 4
    #28978 Japes, Nov 1, 2020 at 2:59 PM
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  19. Fairygodmother

Mine seems to have settled now, phew! LibreLink and Watlaa show the same, 5.9. It’s taken a bit of time but this sensor now agrees with the calibrations. It must be a goodie. It’ll be hard to part with it when the fourteen and a half days are up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Thanks I would like to see the results, I did get access to my medical records a while back but I don't think I actually used it. So I will call my surgery tomorrow and ask about my log in details.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook