What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are harder to get hold of and are one of the lowest carb nuts out there plus macadamia nut oil is wonderful I find.think they are costly because mainly produced in places like Australia I source mine mainly from Waitrose where roasted salted are 3.00 quid for 100g cheaper than amazon where buy my oil. Not spotted in places like Lidl.butjust searched online Asda seem to do for 2.75 and Tesco a 250g pack for 5.00. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for that - much appreciated x

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That lechon sounds super-easy. Di you have stupendous crackling?

The lechon recipe we use is wonderful, but is a bit of a faff at the beginning.

It was super easy, but the IP timing given wasn’t long enough and I had to add another 20min. Could be that our joint was a bit bigger though.
Crackling was cracking!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was super easy, but the IP timing given wasn’t long enough and I had to add another 20min. Could be that our joint was a bit bigger though.
Crackling was cracking!

Excellent, thanks. I've put it into CMT. We rarely have shoulder as it's very bitty to carve, but this looks like something well worth a whirl.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha why not?
Let us know when you get your jar and how big it is.
@Goonergal how big is your jar? I have one that’s 210g but in the interests of full disclosure it’s a M&S one and I don’t think it’s the nicest, might be easier to resist.

It was (was being the operative word as there is only a tiny bit left) 225g. I like the M&S one!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast did yoga instead.
L. Sardines in olive oil green salad and a tomato
D: from bottom of the freezer, an unidentified piece of white fish and a freezer burned small piece of salmon served with stir fried veg.
2 Square 100% montezumas chopped up with 1 brazil nut and 2 tablespoons cream

Later a brandy with diet ginger ale as have a bit of a sore throat. Hungry now and trying to resist

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
227g. We might have to translate that into ounces for @zauberflote

Usually stuff comes labeled with both so I will happily eat down to 227 grams and not tell anyone Unfortunately, I did my "catch up shopping today, forgot the propane tank. So won't ask son to shop tomorrow. He heads off to DoorDash right after work. Maybe Sunday.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Awww @Annb sorry that the soup did that Thursday.... yummm Stilton!
@shelley262 sounds like you deserved the nuts and the Soave....
@DJC3 sorry about your shoulder!!!!!
@OzBlossom what the heck did they put in the marinade, sugar?? On mussels??? They news quieted down for a day, whew. Let me pay attention to our beautiful flooded river!
@Mrs T 123 no question is stupid! I get my macadamias from Costco, and they are with the other snack nuts. My pecans from there are in the sort of baking area.
@notepadplusplus I don't like the Lindt 95% because it tastes wine-y or off. Also has more carbs per weight. 90% Lindt is my Goldilocks one.
@MrsA2 don't get sick!!!!!
If this is it, goodnight all and sleep well!

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh this is bad!

All this chat about the wonders of DGF triggered my inner researcher and I found this in Australia
https://www.palenafresh.com.au/collections/sweet-low-carb

Nooooooo! I may be doomed! Or saved. Depending on how you look at things. Will studiously avert my gaze for a while longer, but eventually may have to flaunt a tasting of peanut butter cheesecake before you :woot:

and yes @zauberflote it would appear that the travesty of sugary mussels has been committed. I have half a container left but it's inching towards the garbage bin.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
To make up for yesterdays rubbish food (miscommunication with a friend so ended up shoving a couple of slices of cheese in my mouth before joining the campfire in neighbour's garden, and eating lots of cashews and pork scratchings upon drunkenly returning at 2AM) I decided to make a big pot of soup today :)

Experimental soup, never made anything like it. Mainly celeriac and parsley root (which I've never had before), lots of blue stilton and some cream. Sounds healthy, filling, and perfect for a hangover to me :D

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: one egg fried in butter on top of a slice of my pork thingy from yesterday.

Just (2.50) snacking on some Stilton and a pear.

Not going too heavy on the food but also not getting too hungry to try to stave off the afternoon internal issues of the last few days. Might have something later on, but probably not much - maybe some parma ham.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Not posted meals for a couple of days. Mostly been eating too much.

Today has been much better. Just eaten my first (only?) meal of the day. Roast lamb shoulder, followed by the remaining 30g of a bar of Lindt 90%.

There was almost a disaster with the lamb - lost grip putting the roasting tin back in the oven having removed foil to crisp up the skin. Luckily the oven door ‘caught’ the meat so it was just some of the fat/juices that hit the newly mopped kitchen floor. It’s now the twice mopped kitchen floor!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast, CWC, nut granola,
Lunch. On the road, stopped at a service station bought and ate 2 hard boiled eggs with spinach, and some crispy bacon. Coffee with milk,
Mucho wine.
Cauliflower cakes, baked specially for me by Son1 with Beef in red wine casserole and brocolli.
Lemon Tea

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, CWC, nut granola,
Lunch. On the road, stopped at a service station bought and ate 2 hard boiled eggs with spinach, and some crispy bacon. Coffee with milk,
Mucho wine.
Cauliflower cakes, baked specially for me by Son1 with Beef in red wine casserole and brocolli.
Lemon Tea

What were the cauliflower cakes like, Lizzie? They could be a new on for me.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal I'm glad that was you not me with the lamb fat all over the kitchen floor. The air would have been blue here...
Food today reflects the fact that I'm really tired and having a rest day. Often eating gives me a boost.
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, flax crisps/dilute soy
Lunch avocado, pecans, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes
Supper, who knows.