dry peeling skin on feet and hands

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, as some of you know, I have long covid (7 months-ish)

I have developed dry flaking peeling skin on my feet and the palms of my hands, and wonder if it could be related to higher blood sugar levels due to covid, or anything other?

I havent had such dryness before. It started coming on around 4 weeks ago, in patches. Not itching, or red.

jane d

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had this when I had cysts in my pancreas. Settled down after surgery . Also high blood glucose, and tiredness. One palm peeled completely.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I have developed dry flaking peeling skin on my feet and the palms of my hands, and wonder if it could be related to higher blood sugar levels due to covid, or anything other?

I havent had such dryness before. It started coming on around 4 weeks ago, in patches. Not itching, or red.
Lucy - I'm an odd bod, so this may simply not be in your world, but I can have dry peeling skin on my hands, when I handle too much break.

As someone strictly gluten- free, I conclude this is a gluten issue. I'm sure you can appreciate why I could comment on feet.

I hope you get to the bottom of things.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had peeling skin on the palms of my hands a few times over the years - never really thought too much about it just got some steroid cream and it cleared up in a few days.

Come to think of it I probably have some peeling skin on the soles of my feet just now which I am assuming is just because I haven't moisturised them for a few days and I have had dry skin also sensitive skin for as long as I can remember. I have to moisturise every day.

But if you are concerned phone your GP/nurse for advice or re-assurance - may be I should be more concerned about mine?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Interesting... I suddenly got flaky feet loooooong before any of this T2 malarky and at the time I actually put it down to suddenly joining a new gym and figured it was my reaction to the chlorine.

I never even thought about it as part of any condition and it has never gone, even though I gave up my gym membership a long time ago, so now... you have me wondering....!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ever the optimist - could it actually be a good sign?
If the skin beneath is not too new and pink to really be exposed to the world, have you been happily renewing skin cells for a little while and the old, overlong retained layer is coming off?