What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, really struggling with my OCD with it, yesterday they left at 11:30 without saying anything and nobody came back, Monday the guy left at 1:30 saying the labourers would be round to clean up but they never showed, I just feel very uncomfortable in my own home :( just want it finished but as they are running between 2-3 houses a day its taking too long for me xx

I really don’t know why builders always do that, it’s so frustrating, but you’ll get there in the end and it will be lovely having a pristine bathroom.

Reactions: kaylz91

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks, we had the kitchen done a few years ago but it wasn't too bas as we weren't going through a pandemic at the time! The bathroom should have been done this time last year but there was issues between the contractors and the council on fixtures and fittings! Then we were due but lockdown happened, then they were supposed to start last month but on the day one of the lads was sent home unwell, its just a total nightmare, wouldn't be so bad if they kept us updated on what was happening even! Just something I could really do without, getting dehydrated as barely drinking during the day as can't use the bathroom or wash my hands or anything, pray for me please! lol xx

I've been through that with workmen in the house and it's utterly miserable and maddening. So yes, I'm glad to pray with you! And a hug of sympathy too.

Reactions: ianpspurs

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been through that with workmen in the house and it's utterly miserable and maddening. So yes, I'm glad to pray with you! And a hug of sympathy too.
Sadly nothing got done today :( hoping the plasterer is here as soon as they start in the morning, then hoping the painter gets later on in the day, then hoping the bath panel, radiator and hand rail are all done by Friday afternoon, I'm not religious but I will be praying tonight, please do feel free to join me! I need to be able to take in more fluids and I REALLY need a shower! xx

Reactions: DJC3

Chriztopher

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 this morning.

Not posted for a while but this is vastly improving for me and my average overage the past 30 days is now 6.6 which is think is good going considering I only started this whole insulin journey at the start of September

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A Swipey 4.6 today - very Meh. Missed some important time here. Welcome back @Chook - made my day. @kaylz91 hugs and prayers. Builders eh? 10 months to do maybe 2 max 3 months work here. Garage conversion, new kitchen the odd wall taken out, proper flooring and skirting all round Still mainly not unpacked . Good news is 2 months in no bill yet for 2 bathrooms a cloakroom and all the fixtures! Bath end panel stuck at Felixstowe.

Last edited: