What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Tara61

Hi everyone. I've just joined the group. I'm a type 2, but recently got hospitalised with diabetic ketoacidosis. Results of which had me taken off my empagaflozin and left with just Metformin, which doesn't seem to be working at all! I have an appointment on Tuesday to start daily insulin, but until then I can only dream of having such low readings! This morning's was 19.6, same as yesterday.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone. I've just joined the group. I'm a type 2, but recently got hospitalised with diabetic ketoacidosis. Results of which had me taken off my empagaflozin and left with just Metformin, which doesn't seem to be working at all! I have an appointment on Tuesday to start daily insulin, but until then I can only dream of having such low readings! This morning's was 19.6, same as yesterday.

Welcome

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Was in exactly the same position until i was put on insulin a couple of months ago. I remember those 19.6 days with no fondness at all. Had been waiting almost a year due to restrictions on non-covid before i got an appointment. Hope that yours goes well for you on Tuesday.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.0 rechecked 5.2 ...mystified but oh so glad! @Ryhia those pies are beautiful and oh so professional looking.
Thank you @PenguinMum, I was in a hurry as I was trying to do too many things at once so actually stretched the pastry a bit.
Great to see your low number today - hope this is a sign that the effects of Covid are finally going.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not impressed with the FBG this morning which was 6.1 for no other reason that I got up later than normal.
That happens to me also Ryhia ..I am usually up by 0700 because any later my FBG runs away with itself.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.0 rechecked 5.2 ...mystified but oh so glad! Welcome @Tara61 sounds like a torrid time hope you can get the suppport you need lots on offer on this forum. @SaskiaKC what a nuisance about the lancets hope they get replaced pronto. @Ryhia those pies are beautiful and oh so professional looking.

Yay 5s! Book 'em, Danno! ;)

Reactions: ianpspurs and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 on the old meter; 7.6 on the new. Hey, maybe this new meter won't be so bad after all. I only stuck myself once by accident with the new lancet device, and there is a cute little cartoon character in the instruction booklet named Lance (I mean, how cute can you get?:hilarious::rolleyes: )
Both numbers logged at 10:00 am after being up 'til nearly 4 am then suffering poor sleep and bad dreams.
Another competition tomorrow morning, same place, hopefully not same time.