What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 on finger prick and 5.9 on libre... normally I get something in 6 after non-fasting day so this seems like an improvement :)

Also i have started using caresens glucometer since last few days and it seems so much better, the drop of blood required for testing is so tiny... its less expensive and the strips are cheaper too... I dont understand why NHS doesnt prescribe this by default...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At 5:30 AM swipey said 3.1 at 6:30 3.4 prickometer at 7 AM gave me a 4.4 swipey at 7:20 3.7 so there you have it.

Now having a cappuccino coffee made with my trusty De' Longhi coffee machine and then shall attempt to climb the Matterhorn or walk to the shop, in the freezing conditions here not much difference between the two for me this morning. Wrap up well people it's chilly out there.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@hankjam I get the red wine effect if I have more than 1 glass too.

Guys what is this red wine effect - Considering I have been a teetotaler for 10.5 years now, this time on my birthday I was hoping that after a long time I can relish a glass of wine. Will that cause issues - I read that a bit of red wine wont do much harm especially on a non-fasting day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys what is this red wine effect - Considering I have been a teetotaler for 10.5 years now, this time on my birthday I was hoping that after a long time I can relish a glass of wine. Will that cause issues - I read that a bit of red wine wont do much harm especially on a non-fasting day.
I find it gives me a lower fbg the following day. Presumably the liver is still busy dealing with the alcohol to bother dumping glucose. ( bg does catch up with a vengeance later though) A single glass doesn’t seem to make much difference. Red wine is because it’s usually less carby than white, so shouldn’t cause a spike at the time of drinking.
Well done on the 10.5 yr abstinence. I’m sure that’s doing you more good than any amount of wine tbh.