All ways thirsty and feel dehydrated

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Stephanie, since your diagnosis can you tell us what you are doing to gain control of your diabetes. Changed your diet? Taken medication? Increased exercise? We can then help you find out if your problems are diabetes related or something else.

Stephanie 1233

Yes changed diet to low fat diet which I have been very strick about cut out sugar and carbs. I do about two hours of exercising too I also check my glucose too I have noticed it been bit higher than usual.

Stephanie 1233

I take metformin for diabetes I am on 4 tablets a day I have two on morning and two in the evening and the only other tablet I take is rampril for high blood pressure.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Check glucose about 6 times a day .
Can you tell us what levels you are seeing and when you take them in relation to eating please?
Also can you give us an example of a typical day’s food, to see if there are any hidden carbs in your diet?

Reactions: Stephanie 1233

Stephanie 1233

Typical days food it varies every day I try to keep it interesting as I can

9.00 am Breakfast small bowl of oats with low fat milk.

10.00-11.00 cycle indoor bike

Lunch 12.00 salad

3.00 pm small hand full of mixed berries

4.00-5-00 exercise brisk walking

6.00pm dinner 1 piece of chicken small handful of cabbage, 1carrot, two small tomatoes.

Fat free yourgert .

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Typical days food it varies every day I try to keep it interesting as I can

9.00 am Breakfast small bowl of oats with low fat milk.

10.00-11.00 cycle indoor bike

Lunch 12.00 salad

3.00 pm small hand full of mixed berries

4.00-5-00 exercise brisk walking

6.00pm dinner 1 piece of chicken small handful of cabbage, 1carrot, two small tomatoes.

Fat free yourgert .
Are you eating enough? This sounds like very little food to me.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of bgl are you seeing.? How were they when you started? When do you test? These things will give us an idea of what’s going on.
Your food intake sounds low. There are no fats there that you need for energy in lieu of carbs. . Have you checked what the oats do to your bgl?
Do you make sure you have plenty of magnesium and potassium rich foods (or supplements)? Going low carb can mess up electrolytes a bit and it’s not just sodium we need.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Low-fat options tend to have hidden sugars. As someone else says - oats might also affect you.
What is your glucose checking telling you?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking that I need to eat more too .
Cut the carbs (like the oats), and up the fats. There's only 3 macro nutrients and you're eliminating the wrong one, fats are fine! You have to have something to run on, after all. No need to go hungry. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help you some. And do test around your meals. Before you start and 2 hours after the first bite. You're aiming for a rise of no more than 2.0 mmol/l or less. It'll let you know what agrees with you, and what doesn't. Right now, I'd say, add in some eggs, full fat greek yoghurt, full fat cheeses , more meat/poultry/fish etc, to bulk up your meals. You're starving yourself of vital nutrients, you must be feeling exhausted...

You be good to yourself eh!
Jo

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
if you are diabetic you can cope with fat, but not carbs - I really would advise a rethink on how you are feeding yourself.

Stephanie 1233

Re thinking my diet making a lot of changes to it . I need different ideas for lunch and breakfast if any one can help much appricated.

OB87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've brought some low carb wraps from Ocado recently, really nice and 4g carb each so a lot less than normal wraps. Quite expensive though. There is a low carb bread as well which is nice but really small! Omelettes are good, I have them a lot for lunch, chicken caesar salad, soups (use low carb veggies)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Re thinking my diet making a lot of changes to it . I need different ideas for lunch and breakfast if any one can help much appricated.
But your breakfast is a bit of a disaster, you know - solid starch with a sugary liquid poured on top - it would be far better to start the day with a proper meal (excuse my being straight with you, but it really could make a difference to the rest of your life)
I eat foods from the previous days dinner, or eggs and a stir fry - Lidl have some frozen mixes which are really low carb and very convenient. After that I don't even need lunch.