What did Santa leave for you?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Santa was very helpful and left me 4 low carb/ keto cookbooks, some interesting looking chorizo thin snacks and a bar of Godiva 90%.
I've amazed myself but not even opening the chocolate yet. Before Diabetes i would have eaten the whole lot before breakfast yesterday!
The Air fryer book from my son looks especially interesting as he knows i struggle to use it to its fullest. Its very American though and I'll need a converter for measurements and temperatures, let alone alternatives for some ingredients.
Overall I've now over 800 new ideas to add variety to low carbing.

What did Santa bring you thats helpful for your diabetes?
20201226_182207_copy_612x816.jpg

Attachments

• 20201226_182207_copy_612x816.jpg
    20201226_182207_copy_612x816.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 184

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Santa was very helpful and left me 4 low carb/ keto cookbooks, some interesting looking chorizo thin snacks and a bar of Godiva 90%.
I've amazed myself but not even opening the chocolate yet. Before Diabetes i would have eaten the whole lot before breakfast yesterday!
The Air fryer book from my son looks especially interesting as he knows i struggle to use it to its fullest. Its very American though and I'll need a converter for measurements and temperatures, let alone alternatives for some ingredients.

View attachment 46490

Looking good.

We always end up looking at each other, realising we don't need anything, so do something small, as a token.

We decided this year that having started on redoing a chunk of garden last year, we'd carry on with it this year, with some hard landscaping to be done and a lot of new planting. On that basis, we have made an account, each put some money in it, and we'll buy plants and shrubs from there when the time is right.

Additionally, we had a great food hamper; all of it is lovely, and some of which I can eat. We've had some nice vino, some flowers and the usual array of gloves, etc. I always do well for gloves as I'm always moaning about the cold.

For the temperature conversions, I'd just look on Google for a chart I liked, print it out, laminate it, and use it as a bookmark in the AF book. If you don't want to laminate it, cut it out and tape it into the inner of the cover, as an easy reference.

I'd suggest you look for a chart a bit like this: https://kazyskitchen.wordpress.com/oven-temperature-conversion-chart/ You're AF is just a mini fan over, when all is said and done.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
still to open the presents....
the tree is up but..... naked.
we're that sort of disorganised...

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 46490
I am my own personal santa and I bought my air fryer in the black friday sales. I would suggest, if your recipe books are very American, that you go with the (wildly inaccurate, volume-based, why-on-earth don’t our US cousins get with the programme and adopt metric, for goodness-sakes) flow and buy a set of American cup measures. The recipes are written for them and generally they do actually work out. But do remember to work from dry to wet/sticky ingredients otherwise you will be forever washing the wretched things.

I did treat myself to some Montezuma’s Absolute Black 100% cacao choc in orange and cocoa nib, and mint flavours, which is yummy and makes me feel incredibly sophisticated and grown up, and like I might be the sort of person who would enjoy an incredibly dry vodka-martini with a curl of lemon zest on the side of the glass and an olive lurking seductively in the depths, instead of a pre-made slimline G&T out of a tin with a somewhat mangled slice of squozed lemon and a few pips floating about in it.

Reactions: LaoDan

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a frostmourne figurine and a large led mouse mat, some tommy Hilfiger fragrance and a box of ferreo rocher Which I am trying very hard not to eat

We shall see!
I have a nice easy recipe for home made low carb ferret if you need it. I'm planning some for next weekend

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a nice easy recipe for home made low carb ferret if you need it. I'm planning some for next weekend
I'd love that
They are my favourite and brings back happy Christmas memories.
Not ferrets of course :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From various Santa's; lovely carni treats, 99% and 100% Lindt chocolate bars, 2 new fast memory cards for my camera's, an egg guillotine, and fun oven mitts with cats on.

There's a gift stuck in the post ordered from Italy, a limited edition cat art giclee print. But I do know it's coming, one of these days, so still get to look forward to that.

Excellent haul, if you ask me! :)

JFWinstone

Mum and I didn't exchange presents as we're both saving to move house. My dad bought me Small World of Warcraft though which was my favourite thing on my wish list! BF's gift still hasn't been dispatched so have that to look forward to, he also bought me a mount on WoW that I really wanted. I bought myself a copy of Sims 4 for cheap and have been playing that a lot and a whole lot of SLC and DGF stuff to come in the new year.
pic5643225.png

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mum and I didn't exchange presents as we're both saving to move house. My dad bought me Small World of Warcraft though which was my favourite thing on my wish list! BF's gift still hasn't been dispatched so have that to look forward to, he also bought me a mount on WoW that I really wanted. I bought myself a copy of Sims 4 for cheap and have been playing that a lot and a whole lot of SLC and DGF stuff to come in the new year.
pic5643225.png
Another wow player :)
I got the frostmourne from my boyfriend. I'm a pain in that I tend to buy stuff as I want it so have left him finding it hard to know what to get me

What mount did you get?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: VashtiB

JFWinstone

Nice, I have all the store stuff now. Still got loads of the in game battle pets to get but helpfully my obsession with those has passed. My autism tends to cause obsessions and for a while I had a "got to catch them all" phase

I bought the first few store mounts as they came out but it quickly became unaffordable for me. Same here on the autism front and the "got to catch them all" phase. Same with transmog, I went through a phase of wanting all sets from all classes when it first became a thing :hilarious:

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought the first few store mounts as they came out but it quickly became unaffordable for me. Same here on the autism front and the "got to catch them all" phase. Same with transmog, I went through a phase of wanting all sets from all classes when it first became a thing :hilarious:
I just wait for the store sales. Just treated myself to a new computer desk and changed my computer/monitor so that's also what Santa got me but I didn't count it as it's self-purchased

I tried to get mage tower transmogs and failed big time which put me off collecting lol

What this forum shows though is how many people there are who share similar traits and conditions (I know I am extremely lucky being reasonably unaffected by my autism). But all these aspects make me, me and it's taken a long time but im okay with all of this as I quite like being me for the most part. Still, it makes me feel less alone which is good.

It's been an awful year in many ways but we all have and continue to, get through it