Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother .

I know you have a simalar set up to me. I fitted the L2 today, & the MM2 don't seem to be picking it up NFC wise to send to the Watlaa.
My phone? Even with the patch app is not picking it up on XDrip. But the sensor does NFC scan with the Librelink app.
The phone actually sees the sensor with a device scan opening BT, however. As of yet. It won't pair..
A disapointing kickoff with the L2.
That’s really disappointing, especially if the move to a Libre 2 loses us the best way I know to receive alarms!

Reactions: Marie 2

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had Oxford AZ jab yesterday, very impressed with the set up, barely felt jab. 4 hours later arm a little achy, headache and very very shivery. Paracetamol helped for 4 hours then chills returned, so went to bed with more paracetamol, and today just have a bit of a headache. Had to cut back on insulin after jab all day yesterday, as kept heading low.
The one thing that surprised me, was the leaflet they give you after the jab, where it says to discuss with the nurse before the jab, if you are on immunosuppressant medication. Bit late by the time I'd had it.

Got the shivers the night I had it but nothing else, been fine since.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother The Libre2 does have an alarm you can set for one low and one high number. You have to keep it 20 feet in range for it to do so. When it alarms you have to scan to get it to shut off the alarm and it doesn't display what you are at until you scan. No calibrating still and it is still off in readings.

So it would be a shame if you can't use an ap to be able to just glance at what number you are at and to set a different number for night versus day. I purposely kept my dog on the 14 day Libre with a miao mia and the tomato ap so I could calibrate, have different alarms and have a reading on my phone screen. A step forward for the Libre, but until someone figures it out a step back for people that use other tech with it.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
24 hrs after the Astra Zeneca shot on Saturday, I started to develop what appears to be some cold like side effects. Nothing serious, just headaches, sore throat and sniffles - all on the list of side effects, (but then I don't know if I've caught a cold by another means?)

Reactions: oldgreymare and hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s really disappointing, especially if the move to a Libre 2 loses us the best way I know to receive alarms!

I'm using Android 6.1 on an old Galaxy Note 4, so the libre 2 app wont upgrade on this device.
LOl, the phone is great. i cant really justify changing it for a newer model.

Since i self fund my sensors, i shall go back to using the setup with the L1.
With regards to the Watlaa.. There seems to be no firmware upgrade on the horizon. The Bubble is another alternative Bluetooth bridge that is reported to work with the L2. When/if the options run out with the L1s.....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having said all that @Fairygodmother using the L2 as a "scanner."
I fancy it's a little more consistently accurate than the L1?

But i am only 2 days in.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, now 48 hours since my AZ vaccination. Slept for a long time Saturday night, and apart from a real purple & black bruise, nothing to report really. Woke v high this morning for no apparent reason, but that would seem to be a bit after the event? Unless I'm just very slow to react.....:hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Coo... a real face to face review at my GPs next week. I just missed out last year on the annual review and was not at all bothered as Fantastic GP had just moved away (and I really didn't want to see the one offered instead for reviews) but, as I need them to keep prescribing, I will take who is offered this time smile sweetly if it's someone who is going to be less than helpful and continue to follow/ask for clinic advice if needed.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coo... a real face to face review at my GPs next week. I just missed out last year on the annual review and was not at all bothered as Fantastic GP had just moved away (and I really didn't want to see the one offered instead for reviews) but, as I need them to keep prescribing, I will take who is offered this time smile sweetly if it's someone who is going to be less than helpful and continue to follow/ask for clinic advice if needed.
Blimey - go you! Hope it's more satisfactory than my phone consultation, look forward to hearing how it goes!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lots of rain today, I think we are to get a bunch tomorrow too. Hopefully it eases off by Thursday as I have a dentist appointment and they will close the road to that side of the island if it rains too much. Although if I get a call they are closing due to the road closing, I'm not sure I'll be too disappointed as it's just a cleaning and x-rays.

We are lots better than part of the country which is having some very nasty snowstorms and frigid temps.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi all, now 48 hours since my AZ vaccination. Slept for a long time Saturday night, and apart from a real purple & black bruise, nothing to report really. Woke v high this morning for no apparent reason, but that would seem to be a bit after the event? Unless I'm just very slow to react.....:hilarious:
I found blood sugars went a bit wild for the first week, settled again after 10 days which is a big relief. I blame the chimp bits of the AZ (joke).

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a follow up blood pressure appointment with the lovely DSN at the surgery yesterday. It was wonderful to have a good walk there with a purpose and wonderful to catch up with her too, a bit of ordinary chat as well as BP. I’ve really missed such things as face to face chats with people who aren’t neighbours. BP a good 125/80 too. I’m now the proud owner of a BP machine GP neighbour picked up for me - from Lidl - and instructions to use it if symptoms occur again. And no, it wasn’t anxiety that caused the wretch. Jubilant to have first dose, but still wary as the wily virus does its virus evolution stuff.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, we've gone from frozen solid to trudging through mud again. Roll on proper spring please!

I was obviously lucky @Fairygodmother, no noticeable effect on bg from my AZ vaccination. I do wonder whether the paracetamol I was taking for something entirely different had any impact, but since I'll never know, I'm happy to have had no side effects of note. My bruise is a beautiful colour but since it doesn't hurt I don't care!

bubble_clo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, I'm new here (obviously!).

Hope it's ok to join in, I don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes and I've had a look through here and it looks great :)

Blood sugars currently at 4.6 so that's good (better than the highs I usually have!!)

Hope you all have a good day!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Hope it's ok to join in, I don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes and I've had a look through here and it looks great :)

Blood sugars currently at 4.6 so that's good (better than the highs I usually have!!)

Everyone's welcome to the party.

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes you are right about the talking to people. Don’t think I have come across many type 1s in person in my life to share our experiences so it’s handy to read the forum now & again you can learn a lot from it. Each person is different though. I’m still learning things to this day!

Reactions: Marie 2